• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.8.4 - installs, but doesn't seem to work properly for anything?

pnag

Hi folks,

I work in IT, and I'll be the first to admit I've not sat down with this for more than 20 minutes, but I'm a little... Surprised? On the face of it, this software seems to do exactly what I want, and with the software I want, but it doesn't seem to work - at all.

To explain - my media PC is running Windows 7 32-bit, with an nVidia 610 and a Creative SoundBlaster xFi (I'm in work so don't have the exact model number, can post that later) and with Arcsoft Totalmedia Theatre 6, AnyDVD HD and an LG Blu-ray drive. Motherboard is a Core i3 2100, 3.1Ghz per core, in an ASUS P8H61-M PRO mobo. I'm using the latest Shark 007 codec pack too, but we'll leave that to one side. Hardware wise, I'm pretty bog standard.

Reclock, although installed for TMT 6 and showing a green clock icon, causes massive stuttering and pausing of the audio and video when attempting to watch blu-ray playback. Any disc I've tried, it correctly gets the fps and audio, but the result is unwatchable.

Any one got any hints or tips? Seems like this software would be amazing, if I could get it to work! (I had planned on using it with Live TV, but it doesn't play nice with Shark at all, it seems.)

One of the things I found out is that reclock doesn't like to work with bitstream audio at all. Make sure your upstream audio filters are not bitstreaming audio and have reclock set to use wasapi for pcm and set matching speaker configuration. You can set reclock to try to work with it but in my experience you will get horrible lip syncing issues. You can also set it to disable media speed correction with bitstream but that would mean its not doing anything at all. So the best thing is to let your upstream audio filter decode dolby/dts down to pcm and let reclock take over from there. For some reason I always have to manually set the format to 24-bit padded to 32 and check 16 bit integer else I get an error message.

I also have time stretching disabled - I'm not exactly sure what that does. In video I have the built-in estimator disabled because it gets some source fps values wrong for me sometimes. Other than that the default values should be good.

Last edited:
Ah, I see. Okay, well I'll give that a whirl this evening and let you know how I get on. Thanks for that!

Also if you are using optical/toslink for audio then you will have to set the option in reclock to use ac3 encoding for multichannel audio since it can only handle 2 channels uncompressed. HDMI can handle multiple channels in PCM just fine. Using HDMI for everything is preferred.

Time stretching supposedly works on a channel by channel basis so it can mess up your channel phases and cause subtle distortions. It is meant to be used when you tell the player to speed up or slow down the speed and to keep it from making the voices really bassy when it slows down and from making them sound like chipmunks when you speed up. So you can safely keep it disabled.

Last edited:
Ah - HDMI is not an option for audio as I'm using 3.5mm jack'd 7.1. Not ideal, but that's what the budget allowed! :)

Will let you know how I get on!

Nachbar - thanks for all your help, but I'm still getting really patchy, unwatchable results. Seems like Reclock turns lip syncing issues into unwatchable movies for me! Sound pops, drops out completely, then comes back. Video keeps on going regardless. This in in TMT 6.

I can take screenshots of my config if that would help things? Just seems like this software would fix my gripes with PC playback, but can't get it to work with fairly standard hardware at all.

Last edited:
Not sure how to help you with that software. My setup is using dvdfab passkey with mpc-hc, lav filters, madvr, and reclock. With mpc-hc I can right click in the movie and go to filters to see what filters are working with the currently playing video and I can adjust from there. Maybe there is something similar with tmt?

Last edited:
Oh sure - but just even in terms of your ReClock settings? I'll post mine later when I'm out of work.

Last edited:
Here is an imgur album with my settings. http://imgur.com/a/s4kM6#0

I'm not using vsync correction because madvr does that for me. Also i can define reclock as the audio renderer in mpc-hc so I left force reclock as default unchecked.

You may also want to try clicking the clean up manual frame rates database and the clean up video clock timings database buttons to see if that helps. It should take a bit longer for a video to load the first time after you do it but just be patient and it will load.

Last edited:
I also have time stretching disabled - I'm not exactly sure what that does. In video I have the built-in estimator disabled because it gets some source fps values wrong for me sometimes. Other than that the default values should be good.

Back