• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.7.7

I solved a little bit of the prob it has sth to do with the ffdshow audio processor, under output u can set various output formats and sample-rates.
When i choose there 24 bit integer then reclock shows the audio as 24 bit instead 16 bit but DTS is only available when i disable Reclock and choose DTS in LAV audio then my receiver shows DTS in it's display.

But there's a Reclock Option accept bitstream formats (not recommended). So it's not safe to choose this or?

Hey it works, i set "Accept Bitstream Formats" and unmarked "Disable Media Speed Correction with Bitstream Audio"
Then i chose Bitstream DTS in LAV Audio and started the movie Avatar and the AVR shows DTS in it's display and the Reclock icon is green in Taskbar with madvr stats 1 frame repeat every 7 hours and increasing.

Does this mean bitstreaming works with my environment and reclock?

Frame repeat every 10 hrs now :)

Hey it works, i set "Accept Bitstream Formats" and unmarked "Disable Media Speed Correction with Bitstream Audio"
Then i chose Bitstream DTS in LAV Audio and started the movie Avatar and the AVR shows DTS in it's display and the Reclock icon is green in Taskbar with madvr stats 1 frame repeat every 7 hours and increasing.

Does this mean bitstreaming works with my environment and reclock?

I strongly recommend not to use bitstreaming (hence the words "not recommended" behind the option). You may want to read ReClock's manual to check how is supposed to work.
Another method to use ReClock with SPDIF is to enable the AC3 encoder.
EDIT: Or use the encoder in your audio driver.

Hi,
my Harman Kardon AVR first showed 48 Khz PCM output in it's display and 3 channels. I connected it via an optical cable on the Realtek optical output.
Then i chose Dolby Digital Live 5.1 output format in the Realtek sound manager options and the AVR shows now Dolby Digital output with all 6 channels in it's display.
But Reclock says that the movie's audio is 48 KHz 6 channel 16 bit PCM.

Is this correct shouldn't be there sth like Dolby Digital and not PCM?
This is exactly how it is supposed to work. ReClock receives PCM samples, processes them, your soundcard driver encodes them to Dolby Digital (you can use ReClock's AC3 encoder, too, result should be similar), your receiver decodes it to PCM, ...
If your receiver has an HDMI input, you can output multi channel PCM directly. Saves you a lot of re-encoding.

So it doesnt definitely work with bitstream even if the icon is green and madvr stats are good?i can use dolby digital as well thats no prob but if there is a chance to use dts this would be better i think

It's not doing anything with the video. Look at the settings you set to get it to work with bitstreaming again. :) You shut OFF ReClock's "magic mode". :) Honestly you should be decoding all your audio and sending raw PCM over HDMI. Barring that, take the raw PCM and encode it to Dolby Digital. But if you want ReClock to do its magic, it has to be able to work with decoded audio, not bitstreaming.

Unfortunately i can't test a movie before sunday.but i saw the madvr stats showing same good results with bitstreaming enabled as without it.so is this an error of madvr showing wrong stats then?

No. It just means you're one of the lucky few who have a system that can maintain a proper FPS rate. Jerk. :p Just kidding. :) That's a very good thing.

Hehe don't know what's going on in my system but i will test it as soon as i have time.only one question when the reclock icon shows green isn't it the sign that everything works fine and reclock can reclock?

Not necessarily. It's showing you that the refresh rate matches the video fps.

Just a quick question to be sure: PDVD11 and TMT5 support is only meant to work in file-mode, right? (it does for me) With disc-mode TMT5 hangs no matter what and PDVD11 has no sound (with default settings; directsound resampling works though). There was the same problem with PDVD10 for several versions of ReClock before it was fixed. Maybe James remembers that issue.

PS Why are there two options for installing general PDVD and specific PDVD11 support?

Just a quick question to be sure: PDVD11 and TMT5 support is only meant to work in file-mode, right? (it does for me) With disc-mode TMT5 hangs no matter what and PDVD11 has no sound (with default settings; directsound resampling works though). There was the same problem with PDVD10 for several versions of ReClock before it was fixed. Maybe James remembers that issue.
I don't remember anything, and ReClock works fine in disc mode.

PS Why are there two options for installing general PDVD and specific PDVD11 support?
PowerDVD11 requires some "special treatment".

Maybe you fixed it by accident back then. :D
Anyway silence here with pdvd11 in disc mode:
2.85s 000c34 ERROR InitCoopLevel hWnd=00000000
2.85s 000c34 ERROR Failed DirectSound device InitCoopLevel hr=80070057​

Maybe you fixed it by accident back then. :D
Anyway silence here with pdvd11 in disc mode:
2.85s 000c34 ERROR InitCoopLevel hWnd=00000000
2.85s 000c34 ERROR Failed DirectSound device InitCoopLevel hr=80070057​

You can try a different output interface in ReClock.

Hi there,
it's strange but i think Reclock works for me in Bitstreaming mode or something else is going on.
Madvr stats show in movie Avatar following values when Reclock is on:

Display: 23.9716 Hz
Composition rate: 23.976
Clock deviation: -0.01865%
Movie: 23.976
1 frame drop every 13hrs

I watched the whole movie Avatar and Madvr stats says not 1 dropped frame over the movie
Sound was DTS Bitstream via LAV audio, the display of my Harman Kardon AVR showed 5.1 channel DTS and Video and sound was in sync over the whole movie.

When i disable Reclock then there are following values:

Display: same as above
Composition rate: same as above
Clock deviation: 0.00156%
Movie: same as above
1 frame drop every 3.40 minutes

So a very big difference in the frame drops. So does this mean that Reclock works or are there other reasons for this difference?

Thx

Last edited:
ReClock is doing the "magic". If I'm not mistaken that's exactly what green means in the icon.
It's not doing anything with the video. Look at the settings you set to get it to work with bitstreaming again. You shut OFF ReClock's "magic mode". :) Honestly you should be decoding all your audio and sending raw PCM over HDMI. Barring that, take the raw PCM and encode it to Dolby Digital. But if you want ReClock to do its magic, it has to be able to work with decoded audio, not bitstreaming.
Note that he enabled "accept bitstream formats", but unchecked "disable media speed correction with bitstream audio". That mean's he's sacrificing audio for video's sake. That's the only way to apply the magic with bitstreaming.

No. It just means you're one of the lucky few who have a system that can maintain a proper FPS rate. Jerk. :p Just kidding. :) That's a very good thing.
I'm a bigger jerk :D (23.97593).

Note that he enabled "accept bitstream formats", but unchecked "disable media speed correction with bitstream audio". That mean's he's sacrificing audio for video's sake. That's the only way to apply the magic with bitstreaming.
Yes, and it sucks. :D
(Just my opinion).

I ran ReClock like that for a while. Besides that in my setup errors are few and far between, I noticed that it was mostly noticeable with music because you could tell the beats weren't followed right. With dialogue it usually was unnoticeable unless you were looking for the errors. May be depending on the format too though, cause with a DTS-HD MA 7.1 track I got pops instead of just very slight delays or snips in the audio.

Anyway, I appreciate you giving us at least the choice to sacrifice either video or audio as we wish!

Last edited:
I ran ReClock like that for a while. Besides that in my setup errors are few and far between, I noticed that it was mostly noticeable with music because you could tell the beats weren't followed right. With dialogue it usually was unnoticeable unless you were looking for the errors. May be depending on the format too though, cause with a DTS-HD MA 7.1 track I got pops instead of just very slight delays or snips in the audio.

Anyway, I appreciate you giving us at least the choice to sacrifice either video or audio as we wish!
Well, just use the resampler and output multi channel PCM. It works amazingly well. And you won't sacrifice (almost) anything. ;)

Back