• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.7.1

if you minimise TMT or view in a window you should be able to capture the Reclock properties window

You have two displays connected, right? Which one are you playing back on? Does it automatically start on that display or are you having to move it?

That log has me a little confused. It may be my ignorance. Not used to dual monitors. But it looks like something goes wrong at around 19 secs. maybe James has some insight?

Can you try getting another log, this time just starting playback leaving it for several minutes, until you have seen some of the judder you are talking about, and then exit. No pausing or skipping etc?

Once you have zipped the log from the above can you do a separate run where you grab a screenshot of the Reclock properties?

Can you describe the judder you see a bit better? Just at the start? all the way through? Random? Periodic? etc.

Maybe you could also capture a log with just your TV connected to eliminate any possible dual monitor issue?

You have two displays connected, right? Which one are you playing back on? Does it automatically start on that display or are you having to move it?

That log has me a little confused. It may be my ignorance. Not used to dual monitors. But it looks like something goes wrong at around 19 secs. maybe James has some insight?

Can you try getting another log, this time just starting playback leaving it for several minutes, until you have seen some of the judder you are talking about, and then exit. No pausing or skipping etc?

Once you have zipped the log from the above can you do a separate run where you grab a screenshot of the Reclock properties?

Can you describe the judder you see a bit better? Just at the start? all the way through? Random? Periodic? etc.

Maybe you could also capture a log with just your TV connected to eliminate any possible dual monitor issue?

1. Yes, two displays.

2. The 52" samsung 120hz "Processing" LCD is the one that I play the movies on. (Have the ability of both as they are both HD)

3. I use "Ultramon" and Have it set to move over to the 52" Samsung upon opening. But for some reason it takes TMT3 forever to move over there. SplashPRO and any other program pops right up on the 52".

4. I attached a 1700kb Zipped to 104kb (about 5 or so minutes) log folder that I noticed within the first 30seconds the "Skip ahead" in the picture frames effect. And also @ around 1:05-1:10mns and again at around 4:05mns.

5. I had to take a picture of the screen with the Reclock properties open and a BD running. Still wouldn't let me C and P for some reason. It's a fresh install of a fresh NG2003 image. So that pic is attached as well as the log.

6. The Judder looks like the picture will skip a couple frames Randomly throughout the entire film.

7. I've tried running just the TV on the HTPC before and it still does it.

1004120j.jpg

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    103.8 KB · Views: 0
Few days ago I switched to the new Media Portal audio renderer from Reclock with the daily htpc to test it better. It doesn't have noticeable problem such as no speedup Pal or quality sound. It work fine like Reclock that I use as "Ultimate reference". The advantage of MP audio renderer is an automatic control of vSync through its evr video renderer (the two part "speak" each other) so a really perfect smooth play is a real thing now when refresh rate match the fps and in speedup pal either and the use of wasapi event driven features though I can't use it due lack Xonar Dx driver. Event driven should allow a better A/V synch so MP audio renderer target will be Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating system only
Disadvantage are only time stretching is supported though resample support it's coming and there is not any setup yet (only registry entries to set manually)

Awesome - I currently use reclock with vsync off and get pretty good results with speedup to 50Hz or 25 frames

Does the MP audiorender do pal speedup am i reading you correctly?

Also I use SPIF so need to reencode to ac3 how are you doing that?

Does the MP audiorender do pal speedup am i reading you correctly?
Also I use SPIF so need to reencode to ac3 how are you doing that?

Yes. both.
contact me in p.m. if you need because we 're here off-topic (really!)

Yes Mediaportal does, though with PAL content it switches to 50hz.

Havent played around with Reclock there doesn't appear to be a set of options which will work with PAL, NTSC and FILM content. Enabling PAL SpeedDown under media adaptation and sound adaptation works fine for PAL source material though playing back NTSC or FILM content audio is resampled and slowed down, so I have to disable PAL SpeedDown under sound adaptation, even then audio is resampled to 48048hz as Reclock is setting the media to 24fps rather than 23.976fps.

Perhaps some guru with PAL SpeedDown can help me out?

Can anyone help out? Or is there no way to use Reclock in the way I intend without using the settings dialog.

I use the "slow down media speed x%" setting available in the config tool to enable slow down of 24p-sourced PAL film content. When you do it that way you don't have to tick the PAL speeddown checkbox in the properties dialog through the tray icon (which you cannot access from fullscreen MediaPortal). I have two .reg files for 1% (PAL speeddown disabled) and 5% between which I switch based on what PAL content type I play.

That should do the trick (and if not, I didn't correctly understand what you want. :) )

TMT3 & 24Hz Display & ReClock solution

TMT3 & 24Hz Display & ReClock don't work well together. You get high CPU load, stutter, sound drop.

The problem is caused, because TMT3 drops out of Aero to Windows Basic.

Solution:
Make sure TMT3 plays with Aero enabled. Arcsoft has a beta patch to prevent TMT3 to switch off Aero:

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6055

Last edited:
TMT3 & 24Hz Display & ReClock don't work well together. You get high CPU load, stutter, sound drop.

Solution:
Make sure TMT3 plays with Aero enabled. Arcsoft has a beta patch to prevent TMT3 to switch off Aero:

I have no problems with TMT3, 23.976 or 24.000 hz Playback, Reclock and Win 7. I even use v-sync correction... All this with an ATI 5970. Watched about 50BDs with this configuration - so I would not generalize your problems.

I have no problems with TMT3, 23.976 or 24.000 hz Playback, Reclock and Win 7. I even use v-sync correction... All this with an ATI 5970. Watched about 50BDs with this configuration - so I would not generalize your problems.

Okay, let's put it this way: If you have a problem (namely with Nvidia and Intel graphics) this is worth a try. It certainly solves all TMT / 24Hz / ReClock issues with Nvidia GT240 and GTS450 cards.

Solution:

Greetings James.

Does Reclock require Aero to work well?

The problem is specific to Nvidia and Intel, and only happens with TMT3 and 24 Hz. This is the same problem I was having a while ago with the 460. If you are using any other configuration (ATI card, or something other than TMT3 or 24 Hz), then it should work fine.

So basically TMT+24Hz+Nvidia (or Intel) = BAD.

Greetings James.

Does Reclock require Aero to work well?

No. But apparently TMT 3 does. Sometimes. Depending on the phase of the moon. Or the graphics card. ;)

The problem is specific to Nvidia and Intel, and only happens with TMT3 and 24 Hz. This is the same problem I was having a while ago with the 460. If you are using any other configuration (ATI card, or something other than TMT3 or 24 Hz), then it should work fine.

So basically TMT+24Hz+Nvidia (or Intel) = BAD.

Running TMT3 with Aero enabled fixes this problem. Not bad at all.
From what I've read on the Arcsoft forums TMT+AMD/ATI=EXTRABAD (doesn't work at all with Catalyst > 10.7)

I second the other person who didn't have this problem with ATI. I'm running 10.9a though, but I never remember having it before either. When I had this problem earlier in this thread with the 460, I was surprised cause before that with ATI (same 5770 as now) didn't happen. Around that time I was probably using 10.6 or 10.7.

Maybe they're referring to one of the other problems with ATI, such as the new HDMI audio driver not playing well?

BTW, it's still pretty annoying that 59.94fps cannot be detected by the built-in estimator...double framerate deinterlace is the smoothest kind of video you can get on a PC w/ 59.94 actual fps, quite a shame that it won't work w/ Reclock :(

No. But apparently TMT 3 does. Sometimes. Depending on the phase of the moon. Or the graphics card. ;)

Thanks for the reply, James.

Have the same feelings sometimes.

Does Reclock work with TMT3 /PDVD10 in Disc Mode?

Good luck! I gave up feeding my PAL TV 48Hz. A bit like you, it accepted it, but it was clear it was internally crudely repeating frames and turning it back to 50Hz :(. In the end I just went with the flow and sped up 24fps to 25fps (as happens with PAL DVDs). Sometimes you just can't get things absolutely perfect!

Well,@Jong you were right! I also gave up feeding with @48 and @72hz...
I decided to interpolate 23,976 ->60fps and lock my pj to @60hz..
I just need to be sure i'm using the correct settings so that reclock can do it's magic!
I'm using mpc-hc with evr-sync with all it's vsync options disabled ,aero on and bitstreaming with ffdshow(pic.1)

1) Do i need to select reclock as audio renderer in mpc-hc options or my ati hdmi ? (pic.2)

2) Are my options in reclock configuration window correct?

3) when i press ctrl+j in mpc-hc i can see the stats...are these stats "working" now that all vsync correction for evr-sync are off?

4) Lastly,when i use TMT in disc mode for my BR(23,976fps in @60hz screen),will the options in reclock configuration remain the same?

Thanks in advance!:rock:

Attachments

• Pic.1.jpg
    Pic.1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Pic.2.jpg
    Pic.2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Pic.3.jpg
    Pic.3.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Pic.4.jpg