• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.7.1

I understand the dilemma but if you do not like the effect of 23.976fps -> 60fps interpolation the best you can do is playback at the original speed and let Reclock speed up 23.976fps to 24fps for perfect 3:2 pulldown. Vsync correction can then be applied.

@47.952fps Reclock cannot really do anything. Well it can stabilise the clcoks so there is less drift but it cannot speed up or slow down by any sensible amount to get an even cadence so it just plays back at the original frame rate. You will simply get a repeated frame once every 3.98008 frames.

Without a regular cadence Reclock vsync correction cannot be applied.

Jong thanks for your help!
I'll try to find a way to feed my pj with 48hz instead of 60hz...in another thread a member mentioned he managed to do that(same pj as mine,epson tw700)

Jong thanks for your help!
I'll try to find a way to feed my pj with 48hz instead of 60hz...in another thread a member mentioned he managed to do that(same pj as mine,epson tw700)
Good luck! I gave up feeding my PAL TV 48Hz. A bit like you, it accepted it, but it was clear it was internally crudely repeating frames and turning it back to 50Hz :(. In the end I just went with the flow and sped up 24fps to 25fps (as happens with PAL DVDs). Sometimes you just can't get things absolutely perfect!

Last edited:
Really dumb question how do you turn off EVR sync so you can start using reclocks sync?

I use MediaPortal and use D3D EVR aero on and no reclock sync and get smooth playback as far as i can tell...

Keen to try it with reclock as playback on a slower system with these settings is a little more off

You gotta go into the MPC-HC options and uncheck the relevant EVR Sync checkboxes.

James, I was wondering...the latest builds of madVR give a stat about the foreseeable dupped frames:

86bfad6b81eac3485c72c9d57f40d.png

don't you think that'd be good to have an option in Reclock to disable its adaptation resampling when the refresh and frame rates are an *exact* multiple? like 24.000fps@24/48/96.000Hz and 25.000fps@25/50/100.000Hz?

madVR often gives me figures like a dupped frame every 20H/2 days...madVR is a big boy and can keep a steady frame rate when there's no need for adaptation IME.

Hope you'll consider it, thanks!

Last edited:
Andy thanks for responding I don't use MPC I use Mediaportal so is their a way to change that?

Sorry I haven't used mediaportal, I thought EVR Sync was an MPC-HC renderer.

As I understand it the latest MP renderer is supposed to have its own sync fixes. I'm not sure they have provided an option to turn them of, although I don't use it either. Something for the MP forum I think.

From my discussions with them a few months back I think they are much more interested in nailing any bugs in their vsync implementation than making their renderer Reclock vsync compatible. It would be nice if they did both, but their position is not wholly unreasonable!

Last edited:
I have been playing around with Reclock and the PAL Speeddown feature for the first time and I was wondering if there is a way so that Media adaptation is set to 23.976fps and PAL speeddown is enabled in the sound adaptation section whenever 25fps content has been detected?

Using the above it would prevent PAL speeddown on the sound happening on NTSC content, or are the settings retained for each file/movie and have to be set each time the movie is first played?

Thanks

Just check pal speeddown and it's going to do it for you. NTSC content won't be affected, and it does it as long as the checkbox is checked.

Is there anyway for Reclock to adjust the refresh rate to 23.976 when performing PAL SpeedDown. At present using Mediaportal the refreshrate would be set to 50hz.

Also, is there any reason why the PAL SpeedDown options forces 24fps instead of 23.976fps?

ReClock doesn't normally change your refresh rate. Maybe Mediaportal does? Can you post a screenshot of ReClock when you're playing something?

ReClock doesn't normally change your refresh rate. Maybe Mediaportal does? Can you post a screenshot of ReClock when you're playing something?

Yes Mediaportal does, though with PAL content it switches to 50hz.

Havent played around with Reclock there doesn't appear to be a set of options which will work with PAL, NTSC and FILM content. Enabling PAL SpeedDown under media adaptation and sound adaptation works fine for PAL source material though playing back NTSC or FILM content audio is resampled and slowed down, so I have to disable PAL SpeedDown under sound adaptation, even then audio is resampled to 48048hz as Reclock is setting the media to 24fps rather than 23.976fps.

Perhaps some guru with PAL SpeedDown can help me out?

Few days ago I switched to the new Media Portal audio renderer from Reclock with the daily htpc to test it better. It doesn't have noticeable problem such as no speedup Pal or quality sound. It work fine like Reclock that I use as "Ultimate reference". The advantage of MP audio renderer is an automatic control of vSync through its evr video renderer (the two part "speak" each other) so a really perfect smooth play is a real thing now when refresh rate match the fps and in speedup pal either and the use of wasapi event driven features though I can't use it due lack Xonar Dx driver. Event driven should allow a better A/V synch so MP audio renderer target will be Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating system only
Disadvantage are only time stretching is supported though resample support it's coming and there is not any setup yet (only registry entries to set manually)

Last edited:
Yeah, the ideal thing is to decode in the PC, but that's currently not possible for DTS-HD content.

The difference between drops and repeats is just that. You will miss one frame (dropped) so you'll see a slight jump, or it will repeat one frame and you will see a slight stutter.

70 repeats seem like a lot for 10 minutes. You sure you're refreshing your display at the exact rate as the content?

This is what I think that I'm getting.

Here's SS of what I have for settings. ANy suggestion on how to correct this? I'm very new to reclock.... Thanks!

Thread over at AVSFORUM that I started for the issue.

Note: Microstutter has been resolved. Currently focusing on the Dropped frames (So it seems is the issue) during BD Playback I TMT3.

reclocksettings.jpg

AMD Phenom II C3 965
Asus M4A785TD-V EVO (BIOS No. 2005)
4Gb Kit of Cas 8 1600Mhz Kingston Hypers @ 1333mhz Cas 7
SuperTalent 16Gb SSD (Updaed Firmware) + WD Green 32mb 500Gb HDD
XFX ATI 5450 1gb (ATI Driver 10.9 w/ 10.9a Hotfix)
LG Blu-Ray Drive (Updated Firmware)
Acer H233H (1080p via DVI on 5450)
Samsung LN52A650-A1FXZA (1080p Via HDMI on 5450)

Samsung and Acer are Both set to 59hz (59.94hz) via Advanced settings in "Screen Resolution"

Last edited:
Hey guys !

Someone in my forum has a problem with Reclock : the sound is noisy and hashed...
With or without AC3 encoder in reclock this is the same.

Without reclock in PCM or AC3 through the spdif : no problem.
Same problem in Reclock 1.8.5.4 or 1.8.7.1...

I don't understand...
I said him to try Good and Best resamplers, put 5% in slowdown, 1000ms buffer... Always the same.

Any idea ?

Config : Spdif Coax on motherboard ASUS P7P55d Pro + Core i5 + Marantz SR4002 on Seven 64bits.

ANy suggestion on how to correct this? I'm very new to reclock
Please tick "enable logging" on the advanced screen. Play for a few minutes and attach the log, which is in your documents folder.

Because it is easier to read (for me at least) a screenshot of the Reclock notification area popup (click whilst playing video) would help too.

The Acer is a PC monitor rather than a TV, so for that you should almost certainly be using 60Hz instead of 59.94Hz. Yes, I know, the reverse of what we have been saying before! Reclcok should adapt to either if you have the settings right, but we need the log, and ideally the screenshot, as some settings are set there (and we can see what Reclock is actually doing).

Any reason why you are using 59.94Hz instead of 23.976Hz? It is worth trying both, but using 59.94Hz requires your display to do inverse telecine, which could introduce stutter.

It takes Reclock a while (even a few hours) to really settle on the adaptations it needs to do. Until then you may find a bit of judder when you first start playback. The system clock correction "ppm" figure should be ideally <1 ppm for perfect playback. It will get very quickly to that value once you have played back at each Refresh rate/resolution for some time.

The drops/repeats Andy is talking about there are audio packets, not video gltiches.

Last edited:
Probably overkill. Certainly it willl be most of the way there much faster - witthin the hour. But even over an hour I think you can get a brief period of red/green flashiing when playback starts. Its hard to know quite what type of stutter he is seeing.

Probably overkill. Certainly it willl be most of the way there much faster - witthin the hour. But even over an hour I think you can get a brief period of red/green flashiing when playback starts. Its hard to know quite what type of stutter he is seeing.

Just so everyone knows, If you install Reclock on any other driver other than the C: Drive, you wo'nt have logging capabilities. lol- Or at least I didn't. I had to reinstall it on the C: Drive.

For some reason I'm not able to take a SS while the TMT3 is playing and having the "Reclock Properties" window open....

My SCC is like 0.00%. At least when I open the Reclock Properties window and check.

Log is a Zipped attachment. I just wanted to clarify that I seem to be experiencing more of a dropped frame affect being that the picture almost "jumps" ahead by a small amount.

P.S. Would it make a difference if Reclock was installed on the C: or not? I originally had installed on my D: Drive (Installed Programs Folder)...

EDIT: Reclock Properties windows says under "Audio Correction" that I have 128 Drop/ 2 Repeat. Is that abnormal?

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back