• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.4

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Thanks. TMT3 .170 HD audio converted to PCM now works :)

This of course means that TMT3 is now the 99.9% perfect player because for 48/16 sources + reclock you can now force excl mode. This essentially means you get LPCM "bitstreaming" even for PCM decoded sources such as HD DVD. Bypassing all the windows audio nonsense is a God send. In short, this ROCKS! :bowdown:

But you can do the same with PDVD unless I am missing something.

I want to switch to TMT3. I hate Cyberlink, their appalling support and the disdain they have for their customers that leads them to remove features after selling them to you! But PDVD7 seems, still, to do everything TMT3 can. Compatibility is the same - the one disc that sometimes hangs when loading in PDVD7, Terminator: Salvation, crashes TMT3 about the same percentage of the time (I presume its actually a UVD issue combined with some unusual authoring). It's also missing a few minor things I like about PDVD - skip forward/backward a defined number of seconds, frame advance and bring up the "info" window with a keyboard shortcut (for my remote).

So it's a far better supported product by a nicer, more honest set of guys. If I did not have PDVD7 it would be what I would buy (regardless of the small feature gap). One day maybe there will be a disc that just does not work with PDVD7, even with AnyDVD HD, then I may have to move. But for now I cannot justify it to myself, unless you can help me!

That's very true. I tend to forget about PDVD7 as I've not installed it in a while, but, if you go WAYYYYYYY back with it you get the same feature set as TMT3 minus the ability to play new discs, as you mentioned. (Yes, I grant that AnyDVD takes care of that issue in 99% of the cases) So you're right, if you're good with PDVD7 you get the same functionality. But no bitstreaming. In my case, I get all the same features as the very BEST that PDVD ever gave us, I get support for the latest stuff, and I get bitstreaming on top of it all. I really can't complain about that. :)

I'm on PDVD7 4617a. To be fair I should have said TMT's ability to play Blu-ray from a folder (like PDVD7 could originally) is a plus. I've had to rip Blu-ray to ISO, but once you have got used to it it is really not an issue, especially using AnyDVD's "rip to image" feature. In fact, as I think you recommend, it is probably safer to rip to image with protection intact anyway.

Almost all the Blu-rays i am buying are latest releases and, as i said, I've yet to have any PDVD7 cannot deal with. It even managed Terminator: Salvation's Maximum Movie Mode, which I thought might trip it up. I hear some have had a problem with one or two titles. I guess I'll wait to see if I end up with one.

Yes, no bitstreaming, but my Denon can only do multi-channel LPCM and actually, especially in WASAPI exclusive mode, I'm quite happy with that. I doubt I could tell the difference between 48/24 and 48/16 anyway (not sure if I even have any 96Khz titles or if i could hear the difference if i did! :eek:).

Anyway, I guess this is all a bit OT. I'm just very grateful to James that TMT3 works, so if I ever do need to move to it I can. I'm sure others will get more immediate benefit!

Yea, the big thing is using excl mode. That's the only real problem with downsampling is that they send it through windows audio which can (and does) cause all kinds of annoying problems. At least with excl mode you can bypass that and that's where reclock really shines. Hardly anyone can tell the difference between 48/16 and 48/24. MAYBE 96/24 and 48/16. But the difference isn't awe inspiring. I, too, am happy about having excl mode for 48/16 in TMT3 because now HD DVD's are closer to "bitstreaming"...at the very least they won't get channel mapped incorrectly. So a big thanks to James on this one!

Actually at least in two properly conducted double blind studies it's been found that 16/24 makes an audible difference (in extreme situations like very loud levels and silent passages), but for sampling rates higher than 44.1, no such difference could be found, so if there's an argument for it, I'd say 16/24 is the more important of the specs.

So anyway I'll be testing this build with TMT3 161 and see if I still have troubles with the Realtek drivers.

In any case I just tested it with Kill Bill V1 and it's giving me excl mode so um, I love you guys! Channel mapping is correct. I set windows to 7.1 48/24 and with Kill Bill V1 I get 5.1 48/16 as I should. IOW, with TMT3 + ReClock, I now have perfect bitstreaming of all BD's. :D No matter what I set windows to. This freaking ROCKS!!!

Andy, I've not tried the 24 bit thing yet with the ATI driver. I'm hoping that point becomes moot at some point in the future once TMT3 gets realtek driver support, but, I'll go see what happens with Ratatouille. Unlikely to work, though. So I'll just set it to 32 bit and call it good in that case.

Ah crap, I remember now. That doesn't even work with the ATI driver. Son of a! Yea, it's still broken. No 24 bit audio. So with Ratatouille I get no audio. What sucks is that TMT3 without ReClock is able to somehow pass it in excl mode. So I don't get how they can but ReClock can't. :(

Hmmm. The 24 bit padded to 32 bit option works. This seems acceptable! Maybe I finally do have it perfect now.

Aha! I was wondering what that new-ish option did, as opposed to just output at 32-bit which we used to do with the Realtek drivers. 32-bit padded also worked before with the ATI driver with all other WASAPI-exclusive capable programs such as foobar2000 and JRiver MC. Seems James figured out what was going on there. Now if ATI would just get rid of the annoying silent stream bug (like they did with the 4000 drivers) we'd finally have a perfect driver!

I'm in absolute heaven right now. This is freaking AWESOME!!! I have the best of ALL worlds now!!! Thank you thank you thank you James!!

Um. Hmmmm. There's a "problem" here. :D I pop in my HD DVD of Top Gun and crank up the TrueHD track. ReClock appears to be getting 48/24 6 channel. "OOPS"! :D LOL! You guys rock!

Is ReClock passing through bitstreaming of HD tracks now?

Yeah, I did always have that option checked but only for DTS and DD. This is pretty cool news. Gonna try soon with the Realtek driver.

Samuri (and others of course), some questions:

I always thought you where a person (like me) who preffered to BITSTREAM audio so a receiver can do the decoding of the signal. I think I still want this because a have a dedicated high-end AV-processor and I 'trust' the quality of the decoders in my receiver more than these from my HTPC.

Why would someone prefer TMT3 over MPC-HC which has far more options (like the new EVR sync renderer) then TMT3?

Can TMT3 play single m2ts, wmv, mov, mpeg, avi and mkv files and is it possible with TMT3 to (auto?)run .srt subtitles that are in the same folder as eg. the .m2ts file?

Back