• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.2

Not sure to be honest. I have changed to WASAPI as well and to using HDMI and about four different HDMI audio drivers!

I know I still get my dropouts in the DVD I was testing with b60, but that might well be a different, longer standing issue. The crackles I hear occasionally now, may be because of the switch to WASAPI or something in b61/b62 or an ATI HDMI audio drvier problem. Needs more testing that I have been unable to do.

I dunno for Jong, but I can confirm that audio is completely glitch-free in b60 for me(whatever audio files or videos using SRC)...so something seems to have happened in b61 :eek:

I agree though my problem is with system freezes etc, it makes me wonder if there is a memory leak somewhere in b61 or b62.

I've listened to music(16/44.1 FLAC in bit-perfect KS) w/ b55/b58 for many hours, no weird noises at the end of songs...but they're back on b62, soft crackles/pops again(and they don't reappear if I rewind)...they seem to happen when the buffer gets emptied/flushed/reopened by the next file in the playlist(w/ MPC/madflac/pass-through ffdshow).

I'll try to roll back to b61/b60 now..

PS: b61 also does it, currently trying b60

PPS: b60 appears to work perfectly fine w/ both A and V files, I'll keep testing

Im having the same problemwith b62! completely random pops/crackles.

sometimes when listening to music only the audio will drop out for several seconds and the player (mediaportal) will not show any response for a while

I do not have these problems with b60

im using Wasapi and HDMI out from ATI-4350

will try to post some logs later...

I just thought I would add my 2 cents about clicks and pops during playback. I had this problem a while back and it was caused by the latency of my wireless network adapter. I used a free utility called DPC Latency Checker to measure the latency of my system and found out that whenever my wlan adapter was enabled, my latency went through the roof! A driver update helped; however, the problem was elimated by using WASAPI as my output device.

Try using DPC Latency Checker and see if there are any misbehaving devices on your system.

note: I am not affiliated with the above program's makers in anyway.

I just thought I would add my 2 cents about clicks and pops during playback. I had this problem a while back and it was caused by the latency of my wireless network adapter
yep, each time I change something I always check my system for DPC latency hiccups...my problem is most likely Reclock related, as I never get any red bar in dpclat.exe whatsoever and b60 works just fine.

Last edited:
Reclock needs to resample the audio at a variable sample rate to match the actual hardware video refresh rate...this cannot be done in bitstream.

Sorry, but you missed the point. :)

With bitstreaming (AC3/DTS) the actual version of ReClock drops or repeats compressed samples periodically to sync audio and video. It is the only way if speed is slaved to video (->the goal is judderfree playback). Resampling is of course a better (less audible) option than dropping/repeating samples, but as you stated correctly this is only possible with decompressed (PCM) audio.

Bitmonster developed a script which analyzes the deviation between video and audio clock using ReClock's debug log file. It then suggests timings for Powerstrip which nearly perfectly fit to the soundcard's clock. This means that you can tweak your refresh rate in a way that there is absolutely no need to drop/repeat or resample within more than 10 hours! This is by far enough for every movie out there. :)

The only problem is that ReClock treats AC3 and DTS streams differently. This is odd and seems to be an error, because the length (playback speed) must be equal. So if we tweak our refresh rate that AC3 never drops/repeats, DTS still does. I would be very grateful if James could fix this.

Last edited:
you missed the point
well, James has said a million times to everyone asking, to drop the ball on bitstream..good luck seeing it "fixed" ;)

besides I don't really believe in a "perfect" 47.952047952Hz refresh rate that could keep the audio untouched 2H in a row...the PLL's on graphic cards are very inaccurate, and DirectX does lousy estimations of the actual hardware refresh rate...but YMMV indeed I guess.

now if you tell me that you guys mod your graphic cards w/ uber low jitter 1ppm clocks, we might talk :agree:

Last edited:
besides I don't really believe in a "perfect" 47.952047952Hz refresh rate that could keep the audio untouched 2H in a row...

No offense, but it is not relevant what you believe. I can show you ReClock log files which prove that it is possible for many many hours. We are using Bitmonster's script for years now and it works. ;)

And btw, the "correct" refresh rate is not a multiply of 24 / 1.001 Hz, but the frequency which fits to sound card's clock. Which means it can be slightly more or less than the standard refresh rate. With this script it is possible to find refresh rates which are very close to the ideal. Resampling (or dropping/repating packets) is not necessary with this tweak.

it is not relevant what you believe. I can show you ReClock log files which prove that it is possible for many many hours. We are using Bitmonster's script for years now and it works.
oh yes, indeed! still James has been pretty clear about bitstream, he said that it's broken by design...yes I read about his app, it's great that it works for ya then(in overlay I think?) :agree:

Last edited:
oh yes, indeed! still James has been pretty clear about bitstream, he said that it's broken by design...

I'm interested in what exactly is broken, because it only works perfectly with either AC3 or DTS, not both. Maybe James has an answer.

yes I read about his app, it's great that it works for ya then(in overlay I think?) :agree:

It works with every renderer. A few years ago I used overlay in Zoom Player, but now I'm using EVR in MPC-HC. VMR9 is no problem, too.

I'm interested in what exactly is broken
you know, it's like when ppl ask you "so where did you lose them?" when you tell them that you've just lost your keys :p

anyway yes, if I were you I'd put all the chances on my side providing some clear logs of the hiccup.

Last edited:
Hello.
ReClock yellow and says "Cannot sync this CINEMA video to your hardware. Please set your monitor refresh rate near to a multiple of 24 Hz".
Montor refresh rate 60hz.

@James
I recently found out that the sample length of DTS-HD core on Blu-ray differs from the sample length of DVD DTS. First is 11ms, second 32ms.

Since on DVD AC3 and DTS have the same sample length and both are beeing played drop/repeat-free using a tweaked refresh rate, I come to the same conclusion as Bitmonster. The errornous drops/repeats may have something to do with the 11ms sample length. Can you confirm this?

Last edited:
Hello.
ReClock yellow and says "Cannot sync this CINEMA video to your hardware. Please set your monitor refresh rate near to a multiple of 24 Hz".
Montor refresh rate 60hz.

The message says it all. You're at 60 Hz and the material is 24 Hz. 60 Hz is NOT a multiple of 24 Hz. To get Green you need to be at 24, 48, 72, etc.

FWIW, I get perfect playback (as near as I can see) with this message. It may or may not work for you depending on video card, monitor, etc.

The message says it all. You're at 60 Hz and the material is 24 Hz. 60 Hz is NOT a multiple of 24 Hz. To get Green you need to be at 24, 48, 72, etc.

FWIW, I get perfect playback (as near as I can see) with this message. It may or may not work for you depending on video card, monitor, etc.

I get ''Cannot sync this CINEMA video to your hardware, but to improve playback media will be played at 24.000 fps. Please set your monitor refresh rate near to a multiple of 24 Hz.''

Basically refresh rate/2.5 is the best you will get at a refresh rate that is not a multiple of 24Hz. Just make sure to leave 'Media Adaptation Speed' on 'Auto(best)' and let Reclock determine the video's frame rate by itself(Automatic).

Last edited:
This still seemed to be a problem (for me, at least) in the 1.8.6.2:

When I have checked "PAL SpeedDown", ReClock will remember it, even though I uncheck it afterwards. So - it's "on" every time I start the player, even though the last time I exited the player I had it "off"...

Would it be better if it remembered the latest setting?

Hmm.. I think I may be wrong about it sticking.. not sure though.

Last edited:
small bugreport:

in "configure reclock" -> "Audio Settings" -> "Devices to use with":

the text in "DirectSound:" do show the full name of my output but "WaveOut:" does not.

small bugreport:

in "configure reclock" -> "Audio Settings" -> "Devices to use with":

the text in "DirectSound:" do show the full name of my output but "WaveOut:" does not.
I had already reported that, and it's not a bug, it's a limitation of the windows enumeration function for the waveout API, that only returns 32 characters of the devices name.

Hi James,
i don't want to change the "format" setting everytime to "24 bit padded to 32" whenever i play a 24 bit flac or PCM over ATI (5*** series) HDMI. (bitperfect streaming)
And i don't think it's an Ati drivers issue since TMT 170 patch has no issues with them.
You must have a fix, do you?
Pls, thx.

Last edited:
Hi James,
i don't want to change the "format" setting everytime to "24 bit padded to 32" whenever i play a 24 bit flac or PCM over ATI (5*** series) HDMI. (bitperfect streaming)
And i don't think it's an Ati drivers issue since TMT 170 patch has no issues with them.
You must have a fix, do you?
Pls, thx.
A fix for what?
24 padded to 32 is the right format to use with ATI HDMI if you want to output 24-bit.

Back