• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.5.5

What a wonderful day! 8)
Thank you very much for working on ReClock.

I just did some short tests with 1.8b2 till now.

One thing I noticed so far:
ReClock always had the habit to drop/repeat a single AC3 sample when the video started. 1.8b2 seems to have the habit to drop/repeat some more in the beginning.

And then there is an old problem, I want to mention, because it could possibly be fixed easily:
ReClock has problems to differentiate between display refresh rates of a multiple of 24.000 Hz or 23.976 Hz. So it will use the same clock correction for both. And if you switch from one to the other refresh rate, you will see a clock correction of over 1000ppm, because ReClock starts with the wrong settings. Of course it is not easy to see for ReClock if the refresh rate is meant for 23.976 or 24.000, because they don't differ very much. But it looks like Ogo wanted to address this, by storing the vTotal line number in the registry to differentiate between different display settings. But sadly it seems to round at the retrieving of the settings. So if I make a 23.976 display setting with a vTotal of 1108 lines and a 24.000 setting with 1109 lines, they also will use the same 1108-registry key. Do you think this can be addressed in a future version?

Anyhow, I'm very exited the development of the most essential HTPC tool is continuing and getting Haali and EVR to work is a great step forward.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed so far:
ReClock always had the habit to drop/repeat a single AC3 sample when the video started. 1.8b2 seems to have the habit to drop/repeat some more in the beginning.
I was wrong. Seems like 1.8b2 just needed some more time to feel comfortable on my system. It is now back to the typical "one drop at the beginning".

96kHz audio does not work here.

Tested a couple of blu-ray concerts (Chris Botti, John Mayer, Dave Matthews). Remuxed into mkvs with audio decoded and encoded to FLAC.

Plays perfect as long as I'm not using ReClock. But as soon as I'm using ReClock I get distorted/breaked up audio.

Tested with both hardware and software resampling

I agree BUT I would like this option too. Because PowerStrip does not support all graphic cards. And under Vista using EVR (at least with Vista Media Center) you have to set the nearest refresh rate through the control panel anyway before using PowerStrip. Otherwise you get tearing/massive frame skipping.

It's like the renderer is not aware of the new refresh rate if you just use PowerStrip without first changing through the control panel.

Try to use "SetDisplayFrequency" (comes with AnyDVD) before using PowerStrip.

I am a ReClock noob and want to use it with Blurays in PowerDVD 8. What settings should I check? My LCD-TV runs with 60 Hz. Framerate is not detected automatically (yellow).

I am a ReClock noob and want to use it with Blurays in PowerDVD 8. What settings should I check? My LCD-TV runs with 60 Hz. Framerate is not detected automatically (yellow).
if your display can't do a multiple of 24Hz, using Reclock is kinda pointless for bluray.

if you can do 50Hz, you can timestretch to 25fps.........better than nothing :)

Last edited:
seems to work perfectly, many thanks! :)

images?q=tbn:WYaG0_OI9LrZZM.jpg

I'll stop bothering you now, but beware other people are pushing the door already :D

hopefully you'll be able to fix the Remoulade frame rate problem, and make the resampling algorithm multithreaded........that's what I've always dreamed to see in Reclock, but no hurry the thing works in HR now :agree:

s
hopefully you might as well fix the Remoulade frame rate problem, and make the Reclock resampling algorithm multithreaded........that's what I would really love to see in Reclock, but no hurry :agree:

There are some more important things to do first:

* Make ReClock usable for "normal" people, who don't understand the technical background. Like simple predefined configuration profiles, or designing a configuration tool which is wizard / task driven, e.g. "I want a judder free picture" or "I want to hear the correct pitch from PAL DVDs". Very difficult. Maybe impossible. ;)
* Add real-time AC3 encoding, so people who use SPDIF to watch DVDs can get the full benefit of PAL speedup removal. The current SPDIF support is IMHO completely useless.
* Maybe: Add automatic refresh rate switching of the display.

I'll stop bothering you now, but beware other people are pushing the door already :D
They can push as hard as they want... won't help them ;)

well the Remoulade frame rate issue can't be too hard to fix, considering how fast you managed the Haali problem :D

besides Remoulade is a blazing fast multithreaded h264 decoder, full support in Reclock would kick ass!

* Add real-time AC3 encoding, so people who use SPDIF to watch DVDs can get the full benefit of PAL speedup removal. The current SPDIF support is IMHO completely useless.

Yeah, a friend of mine is about to turn nuts trying to get "DTS Live" to reencode Reclock's output in realtime....he'd die to get S/PDIF resampling straight into Reclock with 23.976@25fps timestretching :D

Last edited:
I just got an interest in Reclock yesterday, and how wonderful, that's the day a new version came out :D.

Otherwise, just a quick question, does the audio timestretching still induce a loss in audio quality as the readme mentions ?

Anyhow, thanks a lot for all you've done for htpc users.

Yeah, a friend of mine is about to turn nuts trying to get "DTS Live" to reencode in realtime Reclock's output....
Should work fine with "DTS Live" capable soundcards. I use the AuzenTech XPlosion without problems. Problem is, that most cards (or on board sound) are not "Dolby Digital Live" or "DTS Interactive" capable. Adding real time AC3 encoding would help the "average user" a lot.

However, I am thinking of leaving ReClock like it is, and create a "virtual sound card" (kernel mode driver) which receives samples, encodes AC3 in real time and uses the present SPDIF output.

The advantage would be, that *every* application could use this virtual AC3 card, not only those which use ReClock as the audio renderer.

Last edited:
I just got an interest in Reclock yesterday, and how wonderful, that's the day a new version came out :D.

Otherwise, just a quick question, does the audio timestretching still induce a loss in audio quality as the readme mentions ?

Anyhow, thanks a lot for all you've done for htpc users.

Yes. Not much, but yes. And you don't need the timestretching. If you want "PAL Speedup removal", just select a different playback rate.

EDIT:
Unless you want to watch the Studio Canal / Optimum Releasing HD DVDs of "Basic Instinct" or "Total Recall". Then you need the timestretching PAL Speedown, because these discs have a severe authoring error (wrong pitch).

Last edited:
Tested on another machine and 96kHz does not work on that one either (stutter/distorted)

Last edited:
Back