• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.5.5

It does, CPU utilization dwindles to nothing.
OK, my bad.
but once you've tried KS, you'll never look back anyhow :)

there wasn't a big difference between DS/KS on my X-Fi Xtreme Audio, but on a real sound card...the difference is shattering :)

you won't mind wasting CPU cycles :D

Hi,
glad to see that *at last* someone is trying to improve this great piece of software.

Reclock is actually a must-have 4 high-end htpc users but clearly needs improvements in many ways : framerate detection, renderers/splitters compatibility, resampling behaviour (multithreading anyone?)...

BTW just FYI, the timestretch.dll has been fixed ages ago, as it used to produce some serious glitches during playback.
New file's been posted @doom9's forum, I don't clearly remember who was the contributor.

Anyways, please find here the working .dll if you want to include it in yer own package.

Timestretch

Really looking forward yer next release.

Cheers :rock:!

BTW just FYI, the timestretch.dll has been fixed ages ago, as it used to produce some serious glitches during playback.
New file's been posted @doom9's forum, I don't clearly remember who was the contributor.

Anyways, please find here the working .dll if you want to include it in yer own package.

Timestretch
I would love to, but there is no source code. Sorry.

1.8 beta 2 - 08/09/2008
* New: Added support for Haali video renderer
Oh My, James you're our hero! :eek:

so I got this 23.976 h264 MKV that would say "no video stream found" no matter what.

now it says this :

on a 23.976 h264 MKV that has always worked fine(as they most do) :

on a 29.97fps 720p XviD AVI that said "no video stream found", it first says this for one second :

http://pix.nofrag.com/a/a/f/9ea29f886334c1b2932417205ebde.html

then it settles down to this :

http://pix.nofrag.com/9/7/3/f532a18f7be1e30417ad5d3c8c30d.html

that was with the Windows built-in AVI splitter...if I use Haali's Media Splitter for AVI then it's recognized as 29.97 right away

as you can see there's some movies that are properly recognized right away(splitter dependent?), and some others where your fix is put to good use.

BUT I can't seek anymore :(

it says "a fatal error has occured, check the logs" whenever I try(whatever AVI or MKV)

I attach the logs with this post.

same story with D3D or DDR ticked in Reclock.
I've tried to flush the databases

almost there...

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I am getting errors while seeking, the renderer crashes and takes with it the player (ZoomPlayer Pro).
XP SP2/Haali/Dsound X-Fi/Nvidia

Edit: one second too late, but I confirm.

I am getting errors while seeking, the renderer crashes and takes with it the player (ZoomPlayer Pro).
XP SP2/Haali/Dsound X-Fi/Nvidia

Edit: one second too late, but I confirm.

I can reproduce this, which is a "good thing(tm)". ;) Makes fixing it much easier.

You have Kernel Streaming working?
what's your sound card ?
I can remember that on my X-Fi KS was working fine, even though it didn't sound any diferent to DS(due to poor onboard components).

at this point I use some old drivers for my M-Audio Audiophile USB, and they map KS to Waveout.

this is very practical, as I can get KS in any app I like :p

but most recent sound cards support KS AFAIK, so that should work nicely in Reclock.

the top of the crop being cards that support Rewiring(E-WDM drivers for instance), you can map anything internally(Waveout to KS/ASIO).

Last edited:
Thanks alot for bringing life into the development of ReClock. In my opinion one of the most important tool when using a HTPC in a high-end setup.

Support for Vista means that I finally can have perfect playback with my Vista Media Center setup.

I have two questions:

1. Seems like ReClock can't accept 32bit float input (from ffdshow). The playback will not start. Is this expected?

2. Any plan to integrate automatic refresh rate to match frame rate?
I know this could be done/can be done with scripts but it would be nice to have it integrated with the config UI.

If so I would recommend having some sort of table where the user can select wich refresh rate to be used to match a specific frame rate.

A tool like http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/ResChange.shtml can then be used to set the desired refresh rate.

Can be used like this:
reschange -refresh=24 -quiet

23 represent the ~23.976Hz option in the display driver control panel (nvidia)
24 represent the ~24Hz
25 represent the ~25Hz
29 represent the ~29.97Hz
50 represent the ~50Hz
59 represent the ~59.94Hz
60 represent the ~60Hz

Standard refresh rates (EDID acquired)

So a basic table where you can enter what to use for a specific frame rate like this:

23.5fps - 23.989fps = 23
23.9fps - 24.5fps = 24
~25fps = 25/50
~29.97fps = 29
etc etc

Basicly ReClock just launches a command utility with arguments depending on frame rate on loaded material.

This would be a great feature for us Vista Media Center users!!!

Using ReClock with Vista Media Center I get a messagebox "Your videoboard is not compatible with ReClock...". It seem almost ramdom but will ALWAYS at least show when first video is loaded after starting Vista Media Center.

ReClock seems to be working though cause it is loaded (I get the green status icon down in the (now called) notification area)

Never seen this message when using Windows Media Player...just Vista Media Center.

Thanks alot for bringing life into the development of ReClock. In my opinion one of the most important tool when using a HTPC in a high-end setup.

Support for Vista means that I finally can have perfect playback with my Vista Media Center setup.

I have two questions:

1. Seems like ReClock can't accept 32bit float input (from ffdshow). The playback will not start. Is this expected?

2. Any plan to integrate automatic refresh rate to match frame rate?
I know this could be done/can be done with scripts but it would be nice to have it integrated with the config UI.

If so I would recommend having some sort of table where the user can select wich refresh rate to be used to match a specific frame rate.

A tool like http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/ResChange.shtml can then be used to set the desired refresh rate.

Can be used like this:
reschange -refresh=24 -quiet

23 represent the ~23.976Hz option in the display driver control panel (nvidia)
24 represent the ~24Hz
25 represent the ~25Hz
29 represent the ~29.97Hz
50 represent the ~50Hz
59 represent the ~59.94Hz
60 represent the ~60Hz

Standard refresh rates (EDID acquired)

So a basic table where you can enter what to use for a specific frame rate like this:

23.5fps - 23.989fps = 23
23.9fps - 24.5fps = 24
~25fps = 25/50
~29.97fps = 29
etc etc

Basicly ReClock just launches a command utility with arguments depending on frame rate on loaded material.

This would be a great feature for us Vista Media Center users!!!
I agree it would be good to avoid scripts but we need to have the option of setting full timings and not just a refresh rate, as is currently possible using scripts and Powerstrip.

I agree it would be good to avoid scripts but we need to have the option of setting full timings and not just a refresh rate, as is currently possible using scripts and Powerstrip.

I agree BUT I would like this option too. Because PowerStrip does not support all graphic cards. And under Vista using EVR (at least with Vista Media Center) you have to set the nearest refresh rate through the control panel anyway before using PowerStrip. Otherwise you get tearing/massive frame skipping.

It's like the renderer is not aware of the new refresh rate if you just use PowerStrip without first changing through the control panel.

Last edited:
Using ReClock with Vista Media Center I get a messagebox "Your videoboard is not compatible with ReClock...". It seem almost ramdom but will ALWAYS at least show when first video is loaded after starting Vista Media Center.

ReClock seems to be working though cause it is loaded (I get the green status icon down in the (now called) notification area)

Never seen this message when using Windows Media Player...just Vista Media Center.
Enable direct draw instead of d3d in direct hardware access method.
Now it should work.

C'ya.

I did not know that. I am still using XP. Is it still true with this new version? If it is it suggests that things may not be working right anyway (renderer thinks the refresh rate is different to other parts of the filter chain, even if only slightly).

Does the vsync correction thingy now work with custom evr (I mean the one in MPC HC & KMP) in XP ?

Or is it still and only xp/vmr9 & Vista/evr compliant ?

TIA

Back