• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rebuild PC and now Speed Menu not displaying any information

Wryker

I had to re-build my PC from scratch and installed the PowerDVD disc that came with my Dell system.
It shows "Windows Media" though it's PowerDVD and when I put a BD in the speed menu background comes up but it's not showing/displaying any information.

I'm not sure what happened to my PowerDVD 9 that I was using at the time and there IS information there since a 'hand' appears where the titles etc would be - but there's no alpha/numeric visible.

Any help as it's very frustrating.

What is 'it' in 'it shows'. It's either called windows media player or powerdvd. It can't be both. Pretty sure it's NOT an anydvd speedmenu issue or their works be a lot more topics. 'powerdvd that came with the system', which version would that be exactly? Powerdvd 9 is ancient!

A rebuild from scratch usually means a reinstall of the operating system. And that usually means that any programs such as Powerdvd14 have to be reinstalled or at least reinitialized. This means it is not there until this is done. Expecting everything to run as before this happened, or even to run close to what you had before you reinstalled is unrealistic.

Powerdvd 9 is ancient!
But it works. Plays disc's with AnyDVDHD . Plays most lossless MKV's and so far all re-encodes . ( The one's it don't my standalone won't either and that's being looked into.) And it does DTS/DD pass through to my receiver. But most of all it was Free with a BD burner. And I have VLC for those buggy MKV's. I know that this is off topic but just because it's "ancient" don't mean it don't do its job. The same could be said for quite a few products most of us use or have used with years between updates or no more ever. And how many versions from 9 to 16 were actually needed and not just for new sales really. And not to fix something they "broke" with a new version .

I recommend for MKV:
Windows Media Player or Windows Media Player Classic https://mpc-hc.org/
With & K-Lite Codec Pack https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm/

Personally I don't like VLC at all.

And how many versions from 9 to 16 were actually needed and not just for new sales really. And not to fix something they "broke" with a new version .
Please explain what is broke with 16 and what 9 has working instead.
Maybe we know or AnyDVD can fix this.

@ Wryker
For MKVs have a look at Potplayer: https://potplayer.daum.net/
Also plays a ton of other media formats, both audio and video.
I use it all the time and love it, higly recommended!
For BDs just piont to the correct .mpls and Potplayer will play it just fine.
You'll miss the menus, me personally I don't care much about menus.
Heads up on installing K-Lite Codec Pack, it can really mess your system up.
I don't use it, don't need it, and all media formats plays on my system without issues.

@ Wryker
For MKVs have a look at Potplayer: https://potplayer.daum.net/
I have tested it and it is a pretty Nice program indeed, so I have decided to also use this onto my PC aswel.
But I will keep KLite Pack aswel because I like that one also.
I really don't care if I have more Players then most users out there! ;)
I use CyberLink PowerDVD 16, Arcsoft Total Media Theather, Nero Blu-Ray Player, WinDVD.
Windows Media Player & Windows Media Player Classic and now also PotPlayer!
And XBMC ofcourse for a nice LayOut.

But I definally Recommend stop using VLC Nebostrangla!
This player doesn't play the Colors correctly and most Files aren't Supported.

Last edited:
By the way isn't PotPlayer the same as KMPlayer?
Nevermind I have tested it and PotPlayer has better Colors! ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, similar GUI but KMPlayer may be abandoned? No update since oct. 2015 while Potplayer is regullary updated.
KMPlayer also supports Mac.

You are like me, we both love to have many tools in our toolbox... :D

My apologies! I never got email updates that people responded! First - the reason my version is 'old' is it came w/my BD/HDDVD player. I use speedmenu to easily find the correct playlist for the movie. Right now the speemenu loads and the image is there however there's no disc information appearing. The information IS there since the cursor changes to a 'hand' so i can select whatever is listed and it will play but it won't display WHAT that information is.
Again, the issue is not that PowerDVD won't play the BD - it's that the speedmenu doesn't show the playlist information. It's like the font color is 'invisible' for all of the disc information.
I've attached a screen shot so you can all see what I see - the speedmenu but NOTHING showing for the BD files/playlists.

PowerDVD version is 7.3. I had 9 at one point but can't figure out how/which PowerDVD I have that allowed me to migrate 'up' to that version so for now - I'm stuck at 7.3

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    445.5 KB · Views: 4
Topic cleaned. 3 Duplicate posts removed. Please do not create multiple identical posts. If you want to alert a user simply use @ in front of the username. Example: @Wryker

That said, try downloading a trial of a recent powerdvd version. My guess is that the version you're using is simply way too old. It dates back to at least 2009, possibly even 2007. Blu-ray didn't even exist back then.

Topic cleaned. 3 Duplicate posts removed. Please do not create multiple identical posts. If you want to alert a user simply use @ in front of the username. Example: @Wryker

That said, try downloading a trial of a recent powerdvd version. My guess is that the version you're using is simply way too old. It dates back to at least 2009, possibly even 2007. Blu-ray didn't even exist back then.

It did exist since that version came with the internal Blu ray/HDDVD player I bought for my PC. I don't believe it's an 'age' issue since it's for BD.

true, but technology and standards change. You really need to try a more recent version.

true, but technology and standards change. You really need to try a more recent version.
I know for sure versions 8 and 9 worked since I had version 9 before I had to rebuild. Dont want to shell out unnecessary money for software if I don't have to and it worked in the past. It also happens on PowerDVD DX 8.3 version.

Nobody said you had to shell out cash, use the trial they offer. If you're not willing to do what is asked, we can't help you.

Nobody said you had to shell out cash, use the trial they offer. If you're not willing to do what is asked, we can't help you.
I tried my other PowerDVD that came with my other internal BD player and same occurred so I'm downloading the trial now to see what happens.

And the trial works - displays the results. <sigh> Guess SpeedMenu doesn't like any version prior to 9.

Now that we found the 'problem', I can tag @James to see if there's something he can do about it. But I'm guessing he won't be, because the version you're using is just too old.

Now that we found the 'problem', I can tag @James to see if there's something he can do about it. But I'm guessing he won't be, because the version you're using is just too old.
That would be great - but I just dropped $80 to get 16 Ultra...could've gotten 15 and some sweet add-ons they have on-sale too for only $60 but decided to go for the "latest". Really don't understand how I got to and 'lost' version 9. Water under the bridge now - I appreciate your help.

Back