Reason for AnyStream

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Aeneas72, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Aeneas72

Aeneas72 Well-Known Member

Code:
     https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/amazon-argues-users-dont-actually-own-purchased-prime-video-content 
    This is exactly the reason, why AnyStream is being developed - and why I have bought a licence!

Thanks very much, guys - and keep busting!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Please code your links!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Aeneas72 likes this.
  3. Aeneas72

But this isn't a streaming provider? So what is the actual need for coding this sort of link?

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Doesn't matter. We don't want any unwanted attention. News agency's can report about AnyStream just the same and then we'll get A LOT more attention than we want.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

5. 0x0x0x0x0

0x0x0x0x0 Well-Known Member

Didn't Apple say that a long time ago wrt iTunes purchases, that it was a mere "licence to view"?

6. Aeneas72

Understood and adjusted!

7. testiles

testiles Well-Known Member

That there is a perfect reason to use Anystream. LOL!!!

The fact that content, even purchased content, can be snatched away at any time is why I didn't bother much using streaming titles.

Until now. :=)

T

Mollenoh, DannyBoi and Aeneas72 like this.
  8. AVTechMan

AVTechMan New Member

Well, having read the article I knew that all along. That woman had no chance. They should know that you never own anything on their streaming services and that they can (and often) yank content from their system whenever they feel like it. Plus alot of the good stuff they seem to refuse to make available on DVD or Bluray because they want to lock folks into an undefeatable streaming ecosystem at their mercy.

I miss the good ol' VHS recording days lol.

So i am also very glad this tool was developed and have no problem getting my license. I can finally complete some of the TV shows series in my collection that was incomplete (like having the first season on official BD, but remaining seasons not available in any format). This fills that gap nicely.

9. testiles

testiles Well-Known Member

Ditto! :)

Completing M's AoS as we speak!

T

10. lajoes

lajoes Active Member

All this DRM and changes to the copy write law came about as a political favor to Disney under Bill Clinton's presidency because Mickey and family were about to go into the public domain.