• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Realtek HD audio - Asus Maximus VII Hero (??)

Clams

Application: HTPC / desktop. (2 channel audio - not surround)

What I'm doing now:
Manually unplugging the desktop speakers from the green line out and then plugging in the line to the Peavey amp (on the back wall with the screen) to watch movies.

What I want to do:
Find a way to leave them both plugged in and "cloned". So that when I switch the Peavey amp to on, it's already being fed the (same) 2 channel signal via the black jack.
(The monitor with its built in speakers goes off anyway when I switch video to the DLP projector - that's desired and good)

-W

The amp is fed through a 3.5mm jack too? But is plugged into the green jack on the back of the pc? Cause if that's there case the solution will likely be $5-10 fix.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Yes.
I gather we're headed to a 3.5mm A-B toggle switch?
-W (guessing here)

Nope, even better https://www.amazon.com/RCA-3-5mm-Y-Adapter-MM35Y/dp/B000EIOROI That's all ya need. $2 piece of hardware. Also available in adapter form: 3.5 mm y adapter

Just plug the male end in the pc, and plug the amp & screen into the female end. straight up signal duplication from the start, no switches involved. As long as you don't turn on the amp, there's not gonna be any sound through it. and if you say the sound turns off from your monitor when you turn the screen off your all set.

Screen off, amp on: Audio through amp immediately

Yes, a splitter did cross my mind.
The volume out of the ASUS monitor speakes is a bit "light" already.
I was/am afraid that adding a splitter (and the extra load of the big amp - even off) would further attenuate the signal.
But for almost no money it's worth a try at least... :)
-W

Light is probably the speakers themselves. The volume and channels is set in Windows

Light is probably the speakers themselves. The volume and channels is set in Windows

Oh, I'm sure it is the monitor speakers (or rather the little amp in the monitor).
Low volume is a known issue with the ASUS VH242H.
I have my "concerns" attenuating the input signal any further is all.
But it's worth a try for no real money - just to see.
-W

no sound issues with my vh278H, but soon 5.1 surround when i hook up the successor to my logitech z-5500

no sound issues with my vh278H, but soon 5.1 surround when i hook up the successor to my logitech z-5500

Ya... it seems the 242H was "unique" in that regard. I own 4 of them - all the same.
You gotta run the monitor volume at 100%, and Windows volume at 80+, to get into "acceptable".
-W

Well if i can help you with anything else, just tag me ;)

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge you should plug the male end in the pc, and plug the amp & screen into the female end. straight up signal duplication from the start, no switches involved. As long as you don't turn on the amp, there's not gonna be any sound through it. and if you say the sound turns off from your monitor when you turn the screen off your all set.

Back