• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Real Strange Windows 10 thingie.... (in general - not DVD related)

I'm back.

PC seems to be OK.

James, yet another question: I assume that now I can un-install both ArcSoft TMT 5 and 6, without worrying about some weird side effects, correct?

If so, I'm going to do it right now, as soon as I hear from you.

Why exactly do you want ReClock for PowerDVD 16? :LOL:
Because everyone keeps asking you for it.
:whistle::sneaky::p:ROFLMAO:;)
PS
I have never installed/used it and unless I have a really good reason I won't. I'm happy with my PDVD as is and if it ain't broke don't fix it. But I do trust who developed it and would if necessary.

Yep, I did lose it. Windows 10 specifically mentioned that it was going away in this link, and in this link --with the question "Is Windows Media Center available in Windows 10?" stated right in that last link.

But, I did get from Microsoft a free copy of Windows DVD Player--It is no where near as good as PowerDVD or even WinDVD, but hey, I got it FREE!!
IMO a better DVD player is MPC-HC. And it's free too. ;)

Might, you better after all that harassment for it. LOL
:whistle:(y):sneaky::ROFLMAO::D:p
Well, especially after Clams talked me into upgrading my previous Windows 8.1 PC into a Windows 10 machine.

I've got to work the kinks out, after I got all the bugs squashed when I had it as a Win 8.1 one.

It's just wrong to class it as a trojan. Trojans are viruses, there's no viruses in w10. Just a lot of privacy invading settings enabled by default.

No they don't. Trojans are viruses, the tracking and personalization options are NOT TROJANS. Big difference.

Just wanted to point out, a trojan is not a virus. :)

What is a Trojan horse?
Trojan horses are impostors--files that claim to be something desirable but, in fact, are malicious. A very important distinction from true viruses is that they do not replicate themselves, as viruses do. Trojans contain malicious code, that, when triggered, cause loss, or even theft, of data. In order for a Trojan horse to spread, you must, in effect, invite these programs onto your computers--for example, by opening an email attachment
[or installing Windows 10!]. The PWSteal.Trojan is a Trojan.

I am also of the position, that a trojan is still a trojan if it fits the definition, which to me, is executable program function that is anti user (invades privacy, disables functionality, degrades performance, etc.) and is installed whether the user wants it or not. Just because it's authored by a big corporation, and some or even all of its behavior is buried in fine print, does not give it an exception for being what it is... at the very least, malware. Just my opinion.

I would add, being someone who was on the Internet in the mid 1990's when I was still in my 20's, if you told people then that in 20 years Windows would be doing all the crap that it is doing and it would be programmed that way by Microsoft, no one believed it. These sorts of discussions did come up, and people used to say, "There's no way users and administrators would ever approve of that, so it will never happen, everyone will just switch to Linux." And in a way, that's somewhat true I guess. But it did end up happening, didn't it? I'm never going to be happy about it, defend it, or call it something other than what it is. :)

If you don't use ShutUp10, I would at the very least follow this hardening guide:

----Before/During Installation----
Do not use Express Settings. Hit Customize, and make sure everything is turned off. It's strongly preferred that you use a local account with Windows 10.

----After Installation----
Head to Settings > Privacy, and disable everything, unless there are some things you really need.
While within the Privacy page, go to Feedback, select Never in the first box, and Basic in the second box.
Head to Settings > Update and Security > Advanced Options > Choose how updates are delivered, and turn the first switch off.
Disable Cortana by right clicking the Search bar/icon.
(Optional) Disable web search in Search by going to Settings, and turning off Search online and include web results.

----Slightly Complex----
Open up the Command Prompt by launching cmd as an administrator (hit windows key or click start menu button, type "cmd" then right click on the command prompt icon at the top of the list and select "run as administrator"), and enter the following:
sc delete DiagTrack
sc delete dmwappushservice
echo "" > C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis ETLLogsAutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl
Open up the Group Policy Editor by launching gpedit.msc as an administrator (same method as cmd).
Go through Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds. Double click Telemetry, hit Disabled, then apply.
NOTE: This only truly works in the Enterprise edition, but the final step provides a decent enough workaround for Pro users.
While still in the Group Policy Editor, go through Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > OneDrive, double click Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage, hit Enabled, then apply.
Open up the Registry Editor by launching regedit as an administrator (yet again same method as cmd).
Go through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\DataCollection, select AllowTelemetry, change its value to 0, then apply.
!WARNING! editing hosts file may cause problems with steam overlay !WARNING!
First, download the Take Ownership tweak[http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/] and enable it.
Then, head to the Hosts File by going through C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc, take ownership of the hosts file, and add the following IPs into it (using notepad or whatever equivalent you prefer).
127.0.0.1 vortex.data.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 vortex-win.data.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
127.0.0.1 oca.telemetry.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 oca.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
127.0.0.1 sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
127.0.0.1 watson.telemetry.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 watson.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
127.0.0.1 redir.metaservices.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 choice.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 choice.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
127.0.0.1 df.telemetry.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 reports.wes.df.telemetry.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 services.wes.df.telemetry.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 sqm.df.telemetry.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 telemetry.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 watson.ppe.telemetry.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 telemetry.appex.bing.net
127.0.0.1 telemetry.urs.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 telemetry.appex.bing.net:443
127.0.0.1 settings-sandbox.data.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 vortex-sandbox.data.microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 telemetry.*

----Up To You----
Replace Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer with Firefox, Chromium, or any forks/variations of them (if you install chrome you're just choosing to have your data stolen by google instead of microsoft). Replace Windows Media Player with VLC or MPC-HC Replace Groove Music with Foobar2000, Winamp, or MusicBee. Replace Photos/Windows Photo Viewer with ImageGlass or IrfanView.

----Get rid of "APPS"----
Open PowerShell with Admin privileges (yet again, same method as cmd), enter:
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
-OR- for full debloat (all on one line)
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | where {$.name -notlike "calc" -AND $.name -notlike "store" -AND $.name -notlike "onenote" -AND $.name -notlike "NET." -AND $.name -notlike "VCLibs" -AND $.name -notlike "Host" -AND $_.name -notlike "AccountsControl"} | Remove-AppxPackage

----Get rid of OneDrive---- Use this batch file, run it.

http://www62.zippyshare.com/d/IfLGZv7J/1135993/OneDrive Uninstaller v0.4.cmd

----Disabled automatic Windows Updates----
(again, I wouldn't recommend this step for most users, updates are essential to fixing security holes yet to be discovered)
Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
Maneuver to: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update Select it and select disable, apply and ok.

----"Something Happened" error----
Change your language to English (US). Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region -> Region -> Administrative -> Change system locale

----Disable Hybrid Sleep----
(save on your HDD/SSD/PCI-E SSD TB write amount)
Open cmd.exe as admin, type in:
powercfg -h off

Last edited:
@Pelvis Popcan

Thank you sooo much for your Trojan definition .... I agree and stick to my statement that MicroSoft Win10 is now a Trojan as well as a Spy Haven for hackers.

What do you think about making a router WhiteList? - Blocking everything except wanted traffic.

James, a bit Off-Topic, but is there a way you could PM me a link or a download file of the last updated version of PowerDVD 10 Ultra?

My version is the one that came with Cyberlink Media Suite 9, which is version 10.0.2325.51, the last version for PowerDVD 10 that I know of was dated 2013-12-11, build 5816. while Cyberlink's update for PowerDVD 10 first upgrades it into PowerDVD 11, and the very last update upgrades it to PowerDVD 12.

I've tried to convince Cyberlink to give me a copy of the last version of PowerDVD 10, but the only one they'll give me is the ones that are on their webpage.

i'd love a patchlink too. My patch db only goes upto 3715 for PDVD 10

James, a bit Off-Topic, but is there a way you could PM me a link or a download file of the last updated version of PowerDVD 10 Ultra?

My version is the one that came with Cyberlink Media Suite 9, which is version 10.0.2325.51, the last version for PowerDVD 10 that I know of was dated 2013-12-11, build 5816. while Cyberlink's update for PowerDVD 10 first upgrades it into PowerDVD 11, and the very last update upgrades it to PowerDVD 12.

I've tried to convince Cyberlink to give me a copy of the last version of PowerDVD 10, but the only one they'll give me is the ones that are on their webpage.
Me 3 lol o_O although I have never installed ten. Nine is as high as I go.

Back