Ready Player One

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by SamuriHL, Feb 23, 2019.

1. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

I don't understand what the hell happened on this one. I did a partial copy of Ready Player One UHD and compressed to BD-R (25 GB) in the options with maintain original menu and direct play main title both checked. Output to ISO. I kept the Dolby Vision track. I expected the output to be roughly 25GB. Instead the ISO is 5GB. This is using my nVidia 1060 card for decode/encode. I've attached my log.

Attached Files:

2. Reto

Reto Elaborate Bytes AG

Oh, I think, I can see why that is happening - I assume the 32bit version will not exhibit this behavior, not entirely sure, though.
    Later today we're planning to release another beta, I suppose, this will be fixed by then.

SamuriHL, blank and whatever_gong82 like this.
  3. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

I can try again when the new version is released. I did a different movie and had no issue so it appears to just be this one so far that's impacted.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

1.2.4.3 beta just came out.
    Apparently it was a problem with Dolby Vision only.

5. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Which is interesting because the other movie I did was also DV. I was attempting to test something related to DV which is why I chose Ready Player One. In any case, I'll test it out in a little bit and make sure it's fixed.

6. Reto

Reto Elaborate Bytes AG

Yes, that was a random thing. In the sense of the word.
    Statistically, I'd say a chance of roughly 3%, that this would have happened for any Dolby Vision disc. Then then it would still be
    So it's actually a bad luck thing.
    Had the chances been greater, this bug would have surfaced much sooner.

7. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Well then I'm glad we found it! Thanks for fixing it. I'll test in a bit and report back.

8. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

That took a LONG time to re-rip for whatever reason....like 3+ hours. In any case, it produced a proper sized image.

9. Reto

Reto Elaborate Bytes AG

Do you have a log file from that transcode? 3+ hours definitely requires looking into - unless there were a bunch of read errors, there's no justification for that duration.
    Maybe for some reason hw acceleration got switched off?

10. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Hardware acceleration was on. I deleted the log unfortunately since it did complete successfully. I'm not sure why it took so long since nothing else was running on that machine. I definitely thought it seemed too long as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk