• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reads slow, but writes fast

creeper6996

Had an older Memorex 16x for awhile, read through DVD Decrypter very fast, about 10 minutes per original. Just bought a new Plextor 760 18x and with all the same software, now my originals are taking at least 40 minutes each. Anyone know what's up? Gotta be the burner settings right?

Thanks.

Just bought a new Plextor 760 18x and with all the same software, now my originals are taking at least 40 minutes each. Anyone know what's up? Gotta be the burner settings right?

If you're using the Plextor 760 as a reader, then hold down the eject button for three seconds until the light blinks on the drive.

So, I'm assuming that'll open the settings options? And, if so, do I choose one of the fastest speeds or maybe the "maximum" option? I'm waiting for it to complete the read process right now on an original.

So, I'm assuming that'll open the settings options?

No. That just enables "speedread" or whatever it's called. I'm too lazy to check.
You probably have to hold down the button each time you boot into Windows as well.

So, I'm assuming that'll open the settings options? And, if so, do I choose one of the fastest speeds or maybe the "maximum" option? I'm waiting for it to complete the read process right now on an original.

If you wan't to fool around with "settings", then run Plextools (but most people say enabling "speedread" in Plextools doesn't work; they have to hold down the eject button). I have a PX-760a, but I don't use it as a reader.

I did a search on my puter for Plextools and didn't find anything, looked under programs, didn't see anything. Know how I can find it? Please excuse my ignorance. I did the hold button thang and it worked like a champ, but would like to try and change it for good.

Just to let you know Webslinger, I always appreciate your help.

I did a search on my puter for Plextools and didn't find anything, looked under programs, didn't see anything.

Would have come on a disc that shipped with the burner . . .

Or visit http://plextools.com/download/download.asp

I recommend enabling the bitsetting/booktype of +r and +r dl to "dvd-rom" in Plextools.

but would like to try and change it for good.

You may very well be out of luck.

Just to let you know Webslinger, I always appreciate your help.

Glad to help :agree:

Back