• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reading and writing simultaneously..

Belvedere

I have a related question to this.
Can I setup CloneDVD to read from my DVD reader and write to my DVD writer at the same time? It prompts me to select media as I used to when using the writer to read the original and then write to the new blank backup media but now I use the reader and writer. It's not a combo drive, they are seperate.

I have a related question to this.

Honestly, it's not really related.

Can I setup CloneDVD to read from my DVD reader and write to my DVD writer at the same time? It prompts me to select media as I used to when using the writer to read the original and then write to the new blank backup media but now I use the reader and writer. It's not a combo drive, they are seperate.

You need to select the source and destination drives properly in Clonedvd. If I'm understanding your problem correctly, Clonedvd is currently only using the same drive to both read and write, correct?

That means you haven't properly told Clonedvd what drive to use as your burner.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps (step by step). Pay close attention to steps 16 and 17.

Honestly, it's not really related.

You need to select the source and destination drives properly in Clonedvd. If I'm understanding your problem correctly, Clonedvd is currently only using the same drive to both read and write, correct?

That means you haven't properly told Clonedvd what drive to use as your burner.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps (step by step). Pay close attention to steps 16 and 17.

Yes sir, I guess not related and thank you for the reply.
I do have the reader reading and the writer writing but I was wondering if they could do it simultaneously. I hope I missed something because that's what I meant to ask. Can I read and write at the same time?
Great software btw, backing up your data is unvaluable.
Thanks in advance,
Belvedere

Yes sir, I guess not related and thank you for the reply.
I do have the reader reading and the writer writing but I was wondering if they could do it simultaneously. I hope I missed something because that's what I meant to ask. Can I read and write at the same time?
Great software btw, backing up your data is unvaluable.
Thanks in advance,
Belvedere

Yes, but only 1:1 copies (no remuxing, no transcoding) using the "Write existing data" option.

I do have the reader reading and the writer writing but I was wondering if they could do it simultaneously.

Yes, using "Write exisiting data". However, that's basically known as "burning on the fly" (not really recommended), and you can't compress video nor remove anything.

The source and destination discs need to be the same size as well.

Last edited:
Yes, but only 1:1 copies (no remuxing, no transcoding) using the "Write existing data" option.

Gotcha, I don't understand what remuxing and transcoding is or even if I need to. I'll give it a try and reply.
Thanks again.
B

Yes, using "Write exisiting data". However, that's basically known as "burning on the fly" (not really recommended), and you can't compress video nor remove anything.

The source and destination discs need to be the same size as well.

I'm glad you posted this. I often use compression and am occasionally backing up a dual layer to a standard dvd+rw and the option of editing what I back up is essential to me. Thank You. I'm backing up a source disc I own presently even having the automated write after read speeds things up for me as is.
Have a nice day.
Belvedere

Back