• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

READ ME: Feature requests made during beta testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
In order to prevent discord between forum users who were invited to the beta test of AnyStream, and users who werent. The following is a condensed list of the original request that is only accessible to those who have beta forum access and were invited to test AnyStream during initial development. This is done to keep tester identity private, as well as what users downloaded during testing.

Please note. There are 3 status options:

DENIED: There are currently NO plans to implement the request
APPROVED: Feature request has been approved for implementation as it was considered a good idea. However this does NOT guarantee implementation will be added soon, with a specific timeframe in mind.
UNDER CONSIDERATION: Feature request was considered a good idea. Implementation of the request is considered, but has not been given an actual approval.

1. Multi-audio support - UNDER CONSIDERATION

If possible, multiple audio tracks and subtitles would be great (sometimes we might shift to another language to understand something), re-downloading the entire video for that is too restrictive.

2. Search Filters - APPROVED (Partial support of the original request exists in public release 1.0.1.0)

It would be nice to have the same type of filters as a standard webbrowser allows. This being

TV Shows > Explore All functionality perhaps as well > Download All
Movies
Latest
My List

3. Batch Download - UNDER CONSIDERATION

Would it be possible to add batch downloads? This would greatly improve useability when grabbing a TV show. For example. TV Shows > Select Season > Download All (or simply select tv show > download all). Both simultaneous and/or queue mode

4. Download Progress info - APPROVED

Is it possible to add some infos on the download progress?
Next to the Cancel button, some infos about size downloaded / total size, languages selected, title, estimated time elapsed/left would be interresting...

Something like:
Downloading %title% in %audio% with %subtitle% subtitles,
MBdone% of %MBtotal% downloaded.
Estimated time left : %time%.

5. Audibile sound on download completion - APPROVED

Audible sound file download (or in case of batch downloading, the batch queue) has completed

6. Download completed indicator - APPROVED

In the list of objects that are downloadable, I would like to see some indication of items that are already downloaded. It would make downloading seasons of shows so much easier. Even changing the download button text to "Re-Download" or something would be useful.

7. Warn before closing AnyStream.

I noticed that while AnyStream is downloading it is possible to close the program without any warning. By clicking on the X in the top right corner.
upload_2020-5-18_12-58-10-png.51444

or by clicking on Exit

upload_2020-5-18_13-4-9-png.51445

Would be nice if there would be a pop-up or something to ask if someone really wants to close AnyStream.

8. Remember audio/subtitle selection per streaming provider - APPROVED

Amazon only has 1 subtitle language entry for Dutch, and it's simply listed "Dutch". (So i have no choice but to select that one)

Netflix on the otherhand has 2. 1 called "Dutch" (targetted towards the people in the Netherlands) and one called "Dutch (Belgium)", targetted towards Belgium obviously. Now why is this important, well because next to phonetic pronunciation, there's also a significant difference in grammar of sentences (the structure) as well as the actual words themselves used in sentences.

For example: The english word "Image" (to describe a picture of something)

In the netherlands thats called a "Plaatje", in Belgium it's an "Afbeelding"? It seems small, but in Belgium we put "Plaatjes" on oldschool record players or in jukeboxes, and you can't put an image inside a jukebox or play them. You can only take images OF jukeboxes and record players ;)

Because of the current implementation of remembering subtitle choices. When i pick something from amazon, i can only pick 1 option. But when i go to Netflix, i have to remember to switch the subtitle selection to "Dutch (Belgium)" or i get the wrong language track. The other way applies too. If i grab something from Netflix with the subtitle set to "Dutch (Belgium)", the one in Amazon becomes DESELECTED and none ticked at all, because Amazon doesn't offer the subtitle language choice of "Dutch (Belgium)"

So long story short, can it be done to have AnyStream remember subtitle selection based on streamin service to avoid this problem. As i can imagine it applying to language with more variants like Spanish (Spain, Portuguese...) as well.

9. Ability to Save/export/import of filename/filepath template settings - APPROVED

Sometimes for whatever reason a user may have the need or been asked by support to uninstall and reinstall AnyStream. This would cause the filename/filepath preference in the template manager to be removed and needing to be re-added manually. Can an option be added to save/export/import those settings prior to the user doing the uninstall?

10. Ability to export/import ALL Anystream settings - APPROVED

This request was similar to nr 8 above, but applied for ALL AnyStream settings

11. Remember scrollbar position on TV show episode download - UNDER CONSIDERATION

Any chance you could squeeze this in before public release? It would be very nice if the TV show popup window would remember the last position it was in when you clicked the download of a TV show and the window reappears. Scrolling isn't a big deal when it's a mini series or a show with only 12 episodes, but when you go 20-30 episodes and you have to scroll all the way to the bottom over and over for the final episodes, it becomes a hassle.

With remember position one would just have to scroll a tiny bit and be able to click "Download" on the next episode.

12. TV show download shortcut (Queue) - APPROVED

So, I've been trying to download a series from Amazon using AS -- before they drop it again.

It's 10 Seasons of over 20 Episodes each and I tell you, this has been a real task!!!

I realize AS may never have a Queue or Season downloading, but maybe there's a way to make the manual process a bit quicker...

The bottleneck, especially on the Amazon side of AS, is the constant checking where you are in the Season, then re-launching the Downloadables list, scrolling down to find the next episode to download, clicking the episode, reviewing the Download Configuration pop-up and re-submitting. With each subsequent episode, the Downloadables scroll-and-search gets longer and longer (especially on a series list of over 20!! -lol).

Then for the next episode rinse and repeat. So one shortcut would be if AS sets up the next download for you straightaway!

Perhaps if AS is in a Downloadable screen for a Season, it could jump directly to the Download Configuration screen for the next episode after one has completed. So once you click the OK here ...

as-download-confirmation-jpg.53155

... AS responds with this screen, already set up for the next episode on the list...

as-next-download-confirmation-jpg.53156

... of course, the name of the Episode to be downloaded should display to avoid any confusion.

If you don't want to continue, you could Cancel out from here as well just as you can now -- and get back to the main Amazon (or NFX) screen. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back