• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Read errors constantly

Gryphon147

I am having troubles backing up DVD's using cloneDVD2
Any DVD I put into the drive CloneDVD2 can not read. It will either bring up an error on the first "flim strip" section advising that "the system cannot read from the specified device" If I go to the next section (Audio and subtiles section) the scanning will freeze, then if I continue it will not read the dvd and advice once again that "the system cannot read from the specified device".
If I rip the DVD onto the harddrive via AnyDVD it works fine, just not with CloneDVD2.
I have downloaded the latest versions as of the 23/05/08.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_THE_FOOTBALL_FACTORY.zip
    50.8 KB · Views: 7
Reading problem

This DVD is "free" of any protection and is most likely unreadable through the normal Windows interface - to mean that for a normal scan to occur, Windows has to first "see" the DVD and then AnyDVD can scan it.

Since this DVD has no protection on it, there is nothing AnyDVD can do for you.

Using the "rip video..." option is a plus here as this option calls up a proprietary file system (non-Windows) to open a possible path to get the data off an otherwise unreadable DVD. Note that this has nothing to do with "playing" the DVD.

If this is now happening on more and more DVDs, it's time to look for a new DVD drive as reading the disc is up to the hardware FIRST and THEN AnyDVD. Verify this by giving the Task Bar fox a right mouse click and "exit". Put one of these no-go DVDs in your drive. Open "My Computer" and then the DVD drive. I'd be extremely surprised if you saw any files.

Last edited:
I shut off anyDVD and opened up advise I tried it out but when i opened up the dvd in my computer the files were visable.
Any other ideas?
I can play the movie fine (original DVD) on the computer as well so the drive reads it ok.

not reading over CloneDVD2

OK, 8)

What happens with "Write existing data" with that particular DVD in the drive?

And you have, I hope, selected the correct drive with this region-free DVD.

Let me know please.

Sorry you have confused me a wee bit i think..
I have selected "Write existing data"
Then marked the source as DVD movie files - (correct drive) out put method as iso/udf image and pressed Go!
seems to be writing ok at the mo

Last edited:
I have created an Iso file I have then tried to burn the iso file to a DVD but it comes up with an error "unexpected error"

Follow the steps in the order that they are listed (step by step):

1. Click this

Do what it says to do

2. What colour is the bottom of the original disc?

3. Where did this disc come from?

4. Don't be creating .isos. That's absolutely pointless.

5. Use Anydvd 6.4.2.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6426.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

6. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

7. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.7: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2917.exe

8. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

9. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Ok I got up to the nero speed test and it is getting read errors on all of my DVDs so Im guessing new dvd burner time

Ok I got up to the nero speed test and it is getting read errors on all of my DVDs so Im guessing new dvd burner time

Either that or your discs are bad . . .

Simply because a dvd plays fine doesn't mean it is fine.

I have tried about 10 or so DVDs and none of them have a mark on them.
And prior to this I have never had a problem with the DVD burner reading any of my disks - or cloneDVD backing them up.
Its all very odd.

I have tried about 10 or so DVDs and none of them have a mark on them.
And prior to this I have never had a problem with the DVD burner reading any of my disks - or cloneDVD backing them up.
Its all very odd.

It's probably the drive then.

But you never did 2, 3, nor 9a.

2: Silver
3: Australian region 4 - original copy of DVD.
9a -AnyDVD is defiantly running in the background.

Not sure if that might put a different light on things.

I have attached a zip file previously, but i have attached another

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_AU_101115.zip
    81.9 KB · Views: 2
Sorry, I don't know why I didn't see that other .zip earlier.

Okay, that drive is pretty old.

1.Click this

Do what it says to do

2. Retest.

3. Still have problems? Time to try a new drive.

Ok getting a bit frustrated now!
Thanks for the sugestion (I tried it previously) but tied it again and still no good so I went out a got a new burner (needed a 2nd one anyway) and tried it in the new burner and guess what....
Same errors!!:mad:

Ok getting a bit frustrated now!
Thanks for the sugestion (I tried it previously) but tied it again and still no good so I went out a got a new burner (needed a 2nd one anyway) and tried it in the new burner and guess what....
Same errors!!:mad:

1. Try a different cable on the back of the drive.

2. Do this in a different computer: Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

If you get read errors on another computer your discs are faulty/bad.

ok i have been playing around for a bit now and I can burn an image to the hard drive with AnyDVD then use cloneDVD to read that image and shrink it to the Harddrive then use ConvertXtoDVD to burn it on to a DVD, but if I attempt to use CloneDVD to Burn it onto a DVD I still get the constant read errors, it cant be the DVD player or the cables or the DVD's etc because ConvertXtoDVD works fine unless of course ConvertXtoDVD is not as picky when burning as CloneDVD if but a doubt that because CloneDVD has never given me an issue before. Is it possible i have a programme that is interfering with CloneDVD?

Is it possible i have a programme that is interfering with CloneDVD?

Yes, but I am uncertain of what that would be on your system.

Anyway, there have been updates since you originally posted.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.3.8 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6438.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.8 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2918.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

The only thing runing is mcafee and anydvd.
I have downloaded the newest versions of bot anydvd and clone dvd, and still the same problem.

Back