• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Read Error Sectors...

Rupert

Dear Forum,

Im having a weird error ripping a bluray disk. Im trying to read the disk to the harddrive as I have normally done. All of a sudden I one week ago started getting read errors on the blurays I was trying to rip. First I though it was just a bad disk. I have tried 4 others since and still getting read errors on all of them. Ok, Bad bluray reader drive. Just replaced the drive and still same issue. Disabled all that I could of Bitdefender Total security again no luck. Not sure what else to try. Im running AnyDVD HD 8.3.6.0. and Windows7 64.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you
Rupert
upload_2019-6-14_21-34-46.png

Last edited:
Make sure your discs are clean by following the below guide that also applies to Blu ray discs

https://www.wikihow.life/Clean-a-DVD

If you still have problems please attach a logfile for each Blu ray giving you read errors

Ensure Anydvd is running.
  1. Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  2. Right click the red fox icon on your system tray (to the lower right).
  3. Select "Create Logfile"
  4. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file. In some circumstances this might take 5 minutes or longer.
  5. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile "Anydvd_Info_<xxxxxxx>.ziplog" (or something similar)
  6. Click "ok". A Windows Explorer will open. You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.ziplog"
  7. Click "Create new topic" on the top or bottom right of a forum section.
  8. Describe the problem
  9. Below the text box you will see 3 buttons. Click the middle one that states "Upload File".
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the RedFox forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .ziplog file you created.
  12. Wait for the progress indicator in the top right corner to finish. Then click "Close"
  13. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .ziplog file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Last edited:
Thank you Just Curious, and Ch3vr0n,

Honestly I have so few issues with AnyDvd that I rarely post so thank you for the tutorial. I have attached the log file.

Hopefully you can make some sense of it. Im really struggling on what is going causing the failure.

Thank you again!
Rupert

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.6.0_Info_D_Vikings Season 3 Disc 1_06D4EEED_3FD81E3F.ziplog
    959.4 KB · Views: 4
Thank you Just Curious, and Ch3vr0n,

Honestly I have so few issues with AnyDvd that I rarely post so thank you for the tutorial. I have attached the log file.

Hopefully you can make some sense of it. Im really struggling on what is going causing the failure.

Thank you again!
Rupert
Your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective. But you can try to use CloneBD. The error might be outside the movie.

Thank you James!

Interesting. The error log is from a brand new replacement drive (literally the first time I have use the drive)and the 4th bluray I have tried to rip. Now maybe I have had a string of bad disks which is I guess possible. Thinking the disk was dirty I cleaned the disk with no luck. Now sure what else to try. I usually use handbreak but will try CloneBD if handbreak does not work. Ill give one of those programs a try as far as trying to get around the damaged area on the disk. Any other ideas as I cant believe that Im so lucky as to see 4 damaged disks in a row. Im trying #5 and soon #6.

Thank you
Rupert

Back