• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ratatouille problem

Yes, of course, I read the thread. I'm posting the log file. I will re-run the scan to quote the exact error message. I'm running Nero CD-DVD Speed and will post the error message since there are obviously some early errors on the surface scan. Since this is 2nd disc that I've tried, I doubt very highly that it's really a surface error. I will also try to perform using a different drive too.

DRVMCDB (System32\Drivers\DRVMCDB.SYS), Version: 9.10.17.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 9.10.17a

DLACDBHM (System32\Drivers\DLACDBHM.SYS), Version: 9.10.14.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Roxio
Copyright: Copyright © 2006 Roxio
Description: Shared Driver Component
FileVersion: 9.10.14a

Get rid of Roxio's (or Sonic's) Drive Letter Access on your system. This is packet writing software, and it's known to cause conflicts with Anydvd.

If you can't figure out how to remove the filters, do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "DLACDBHM". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "DRVMCDB". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind whatever program installed those filters will no longer function properly.

okay

okay, but never had any issues to date w/ Roxio. Will try it later and report back to this thread. thx:clap:

okay, but never had any issues to date w/ Roxio. Will try it later and report back to this thread. thx:clap:

You don't have to get rid of all of Roxio. You just need to get rid of Drive Letter Access.

still doesn't work

I performed the actions as stated by using imgburn, but still fails around 40% through with error message "incorrect function...please clean media..." on d:/video_ts/vts_06_03.vob. However, i've discovered the following...
When the DVD is being read from my internal Samsung CDRW/DVD drive, it fails as stated above. I switched the DVD to my external Plextor DVD-RW drive and it copied just fine! I've backup-ed many original DVDs from my Samsung drive before and had no problems. Only with Ratatouille am I experiencing this issue. Either AnyDVD is performing lower-level reads unsupported by my drive or the movie has errors in which my drive(and firmware) can't handle or maybe something else. More later.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_RATATOUILLE.zip
    102.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I performed the actions as stated by using imgburn, but still fails around 30-40% through with error message "incorrect function...please clean media..." on d:/video_ts/vts_06_03.vob.

You have a bad original disc. Exchange it.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying)

Here's what AnyDVD found. My question is:
What does this mean?:
"Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.3)
TOSHIBA CD/DVDW SD-R5372 TU55 03/14/05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2097520 sectors (4096 MBytes)
Total size: 4070896 sectors (7950 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: RATATOUILLE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Repaired invalid title search pointer table!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 27 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Here's what AnyDVD found. My question is:
What does this mean?:
"Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!"

The post here is what James had to say about the topic.

Not every disc, only those where the .bup file location is indeed wrong (does not correspond with the pointers in the .ifo files).
Yes, I was amazed myself how many discs have useless .bup files recorded.

In short, it has to do with the way the disc was mastered. Whether or not this type of thing is intentional is beyond me. AnyDVD makes note of it when it finds the BUP & IFO files don't correspond. This, in itself, is becoming more common it seems.

Same Here....

Shrink is free... no reason not to have it in the toolbox.

-W

I was having similar issues described in the thread. I hooked up a spare USB DVDROM and was able to properly rip the DVD.

Back