• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ratatouille problem

took my disc back to the vid store and exchanged it. popped in the new one and had no problems. i haven't changed any settings. maybe it is the discs? btw, i told them it skipped and they exchanged it with no questions asked.

sorry, forgot to mention, i had a problem similiar to others here. it would get to 30-40 percent and stop. had the clean your disc error message.

Doesn't matter. The filter could still remain.

You can answer questions or remain in the dark.

No. You can find discs with absolutely no protection on them that play fine, but have read issues when attempting to copy the disc; the disc is faulty. Reading a disc for copying and playing a disc in a dvd player are two different processes.

I am not saying your original disc is faulty. I won't know until you start answering questions.
OK, I finally got some sit down time with this. Answers:

I am running "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk..." with AnyDVD 6.1.9.5. AI Scanner set to very fast.

It dies at 51% with the error message "FileIO VTS_06_3.VOB 104099840 229376". If I go to my hard drive, I see that the copy died on VTS_06_3.VOB - file size is 96,380 KB.

What's interesting is that I have seen other posts mention the copy dies at 51% on several other posts on the web.

Last edited:
That says to me that an entire batch of discs went out with mastering errors. Big surprise there. It happens quite a bit. Scan the disc with Nero CD/DVD Speed and you'll find errors on the disc. I'd get it replaced personally.

That says to me that an entire batch of discs went out with mastering errors. Big surprise there. It happens quite a bit. Scan the disc with Nero CD/DVD Speed and you'll find errors on the disc. I'd get it replaced personally.
I ran ScanDisc from Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.0.4 and there were a number of bad spots on the DVD. Not sure if it was just a coincidence, but they started at 51.5% Progress. So, why does the DVD play without any problems? Since it occurs in the middle of the movie (VTS_06_3.VOB) shouldn't I see pixilation or the screen freeze?

I ran ScanDisc from Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.0.4 and there were a number of bad spots on the DVD. Not sure if it was just a coincidence, but they started at 51.5% Progress. So, why does the DVD play without any problems? Since it occurs in the middle of the movie (VTS_06_3.VOB) shouldn't I see pixilation or the screen freeze?

If I had to venture a guess, some players are better at error correction than others. Nonetheless, it's not coincidence...it's a bad disc that should definitely be replaced. Just pretend you have a player that doesn't have such good error correction. :)

If I had to venture a guess, some players are better at error correction than others. Nonetheless, it's not coincidence...it's a bad disc that should definitely be replaced. Just pretend you have a player that doesn't have such good error correction. :)
Thanks for your help.

Not often. Usually a DVD player will error correct by "averaging" the readable data to guesstimate the corrupted data. However when ripping a DVD - that's a DOS file type rip, and it's byte by byte with CRC error checking, no bad data (or guesses) allowed.

-W

I have tried setting various settings, including AI scanner disabled, Very Fast, Fast, Thorough and Deep Scan and I cannot get it to work with AnyDVD 6.1.9.5. I have also tried RipIt4Me, DVDFab HD 4.0.0.8 beta and DVD43. None of them work. I did see another thread on the internets, where someone tried using different burners and was able to get it to work on a specific burner, but they couldn't get it to work on 3 other burners they had. And if you do a web search, you will find there a lot of other people reporting problems with other copy software.

So, I think there is some new encryption on Ratatouille.
I have same problem. It's a first with anydvd and clonedvd2. i have latest versions and had no problems with any other titles, but Ratatouille dies as described by everyone here. I have no other conflicting programs. Bad sectors. I'll upload my data file later, but clearly it doesn't work with this title and i've had absolutely no issues of any other titles. For grins, i even borrowed a friend's copy with exact same failure.

Last edited:
I have same problem. It's a first with anydvd and clonedvd2. i have latest versions and had no problems with any other titles, but Ratatouille dies as described by everyone here. Bad sectors. I'll upload my data file later, but clearly it doesn't work with this title and i've had absolutely no issues of any other titles. For grins, i even borrowed a friend's copy with exact same failure.

Did you read this thread at all before posting?

Doesn't appear that he did. <sigh>

The more I read this thread the luckier I feel that I got a good original. I snagged mine at a DVD Express box on release day - ripped it to the HTPC with NO ripping or playback problems. We watched it on the big screen Tuesday night... and I just watched the bonus material this morning and deleted the movie. But I can report that it seemed to function 100% normally - as played back with an older version of PowerDVD. And yes, I farted around with it this morning to see if I could make the rip "misbehave" at all before I sent it to the great bit-bucket in the sky - nope.

-W

Last edited:
That's one I'll probably wait and get on Blu-ray. I want Cars first, though. I really liked that movie and my son thoroughly enjoys it. But yea, given all the complaints I've seen around the forums, you definitely should consider yourself lucky. I hate when they release huge batches of crappy quality discs.

I have tried setting various settings, including AI scanner disabled, Very Fast, Fast, Thorough and Deep Scan and I cannot get it to work with AnyDVD 6.1.9.5. I have also tried RipIt4Me, DVDFab HD 4.0.0.8 beta and DVD43. None of them work. I did see another thread on the internets, where someone tried using different burners and was able to get it to work on a specific burner, but they couldn't get it to work on 3 other burners they had. And if you do a web search, you will find there a lot of other people reporting problems with other copy software.

So, I think there is some new encryption on Ratatouille.
Walt Disney company, is alway changing their protection. Using DVDFAB PLATINUM BETA version 4.0.0.5, turn off pathplayer. In MSCONFIG, shut down DVD43 from automatically loading at startup. Or better yet, delete it. ANYDVD, will need shutting down, too. Run only one decrypter at a time. Otherwise, you will have driver conflicts. This should fix your issue providing there is nothing else wrong. Be sure to post your results, good or bad.

Last edited:
Bad Disk

Backed up the whole movie with exception of what I pulled out using CloneDVd and no problemo. Works just fine, listen to what the others have said, you have a bad disk you even confirm that with your Nero run. Oh yeah and that was with defaults. Rock On!!! 8)

Same issues

Yes, of course, I read the thread. I'm posting the log file. I will re-run the scan to quote the exact error message. I'm running Nero CD-DVD Speed and will post the error message since there are obviously some early errors on the surface scan. Since this is 2nd disc that I've tried, I doubt very highly that it's really a surface error. I will also try to perform using a different drive too.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_RATATOUILLE.zip
    103 KB · Views: 7
Using DVDFAB PLATINUM BETA version 4.0.0.5, ANYDVD, will need shutting down, too. Run only one decrypter at a time.
Just a quick question, In DvdFab Version 3, you didn't need to disable AnyDvd to use DvdFab, under Common Settings in DvdFab you just needed to uncheck the option to "Check For On-The-Fly Automatically" for AnyDVD and DVDFab Platnium to work together, will this still apply with the new Version 4 of FAB?

If you read the thread then you'd know that this is very likely a MASTERING error when the disc was manufactured and nothing you can do anything about except return it and get a new one. Your second disc is also defective. An entire batch of discs went out with this problem. Par for the course when dealing with crappy disc manufacturing plants I'm afraid.

An entire batch of discs went out with this problem. Par for the course when dealing with crappy disc manufacturing plants I'm afraid.

Maybe if we keep telling them long enough and often enough - it'll finally sink in?? :D

-W

Maybe if we keep telling them long enough and often enough - it'll finally sink in?? :D

-W

It unfortunately doesn't seem like it. Some people stubbornly refuse to believe such a thing is even possible and continue to seek a "solution" for their problem...blaming the software that refuses to copy it. They'll be unhappy while the rest of the people who do understand that cheap manufacturing leads to problems will go get their disc replaced and enjoy their flawless backup.

Back