• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Raspberry Pi et al.

Well hey, I'm back. I delayed my order until I was paid and the official retailer in my zone had sold out. There are hardware shortages right now leading to 2 minor board revisions. I managed to import one from Poland.

So what can I say about the C2 so far? It might be faster than a Pi3 but it isn't better (yet). It's definitely faster and eMMC works really well. There are a few really annoying hardware limitations. The software isn't anywhere near ready. If you want to sit there and watch your movies in Kodi, this isn't the device for you. Having to exit Kodi and loading an application just change your refresh rate for each movie... sigh.

Here's the best I've seen this explained.
"This is all very early days and very much a work in progress. Don't buy a C2 if you want a perfect Kodi experience today. Buy a more established product. If you want a very low cost but high performance board with the promise of better things to come, or are an active developer, then the C2 is definitely worth a shot."

We know that often the better things never come when a community is expected to handle a manufacturers responsibility. I'll keep the C2 and hope but so far I'm not very happy, it's cheap though like most of these boards so I'm not going to cry for my finances.

Back