Rambos Last Blood Brun Failure

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by Harley51, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Harley51

Harley51 Well-Known Member

Can you tell me why the burn failed

Attached Files:

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

The actual burn process is entirely on the hands is the drive and not CloneBD. CloneBD host feeds the data and waits for the drive to tell it is done. What are you using for blanks, speed are you burning at, and what's the media is Id of the blanks?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

4. Harley51

I'm using BD Verbatim . The burn speed is 4. The partial copy failed. I did a full copy and no problem. What does the log say.

5. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

In this case Disc media type and burning speed are not all. The burner is the important thing. I did many backups on BD-DL with my Asus and my LG burner. I tested diffrent firmware, but had no luck. Shuttering on layer-break or totally unreadable disc. LG and Asus are good drives for reading but not for burning. Since I´m using the Pioner burner I had no failed burn with UHD for me. No shuttering etc.
    I can only advise you to switch to a Pioneer burner. Otherwise you will probably not be able to reliably solve the problem.

6. Ch3vr0n

Actually the media is still important. Just because it's verbatim means nothing. You have the cheap kind made by CMC and matching media code, and the good stuff (which will now slowly become perhaps bad too, since cmc bought the verbatim brand).

It's the MID that's important, the brand alone says nothing.

7. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

Thats right mediacode is important. Cheap Verbatim are the same crap as Media Range, or other cheap media. But what good is a good blank in the end if the burner does not do its job?

8. Ch3vr0n

Is it's a cheap blank, how can you expect it to perform if you'll feed it crap? That's like pumping cheap unleaded fuel in a Lamborghini that only accepts premium fuel. You won't get very far either.

Burning is more a hardware issue than a software one. For the most part the software just tells the drive:

"Here's the data X I want you to put on that disc, it's Y big, owner wants you to it on Z speed. Let me know when you're done.''

9. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

Exactly what I wrote. See my ny hint responding to Pioneer burner.

10. Harley51

How can I read the log file??

11. Ch3vr0n

Afaik just like anydvd files, a standard zip archive reading capable tool (WinRAR, 7zip,...) should be able to open it. Doesn't mean you'll understand what it says without the special logfile processing tools elaborate bytes has to Assurant 'read them'

12. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

For your burning issue the log file is not necessary. Just for reading it take Ch3vr0n 's advice.

Btw... Happy new year :D:D

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  13. Harley51

I was just curious as to why the partial copy failed. I did a full copy and no problem and what does the log say. Other than that I have never had a problems with any of the software.