Rambo - Beta still not working

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by studley1957, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. studley1957

studley1957 Member

I tried to rip Rambo and no luck, even useing the beta version. Just rips the first title set which is worthless. Studley

2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

AnyDVD 6.4.2.6 beta worked perfectly for me.

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
    2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
    3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    4. Select "Create Logfile".
    5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
    6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
    7. Go to your "My Documents" folder.
    8. You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
    9. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like [​IMG] (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
    10. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    11. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
    12. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
    13. Click "upload".
    14. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  3. studley1957

studley1957 Member

Rambo info file

Beta still not working on Rambo R1. I have the info file attached for you to look at. Thanks!

studley

Attached Files:

4. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
    ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
    iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
    iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
    v. Click "properties".
    vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
    vii. Select region 1
    viii. Start Anydvd

5. studley1957

studley1957 Member

Didn't Help

Hi,

Tried the region set idea. Still no luck. I have two burners and one was set to region 1 already. It did the same thing in both drives. Have included the dump file again.

studley

Attached Files:

6. Charlie

Yours:

Mine:
    Note the bold????????? Use the original DVD.

7. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

• State the full error message(s) you encountered (click "details"),
    • tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and
    • describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

8. Webslinger

That is an original dvd, Charlie. Why would someone make a backup with CSS and have it region restricted? It appears to be single layer widescreen edition. There's probably more than one dvd release of Rambo in region 1.

9. Charlie

I understand that it could be yet another DVD for region 1 and I see in my info window it doesn't state it is 16x9 but mine is the wide screen version as well. Not arguing but thought I would check my DVD and see.

10. Webslinger

There's a single layer Rambo4x3 R1 as well: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=111573&postcount=3

11. studley1957

studley1957 Member

Rambo Error

Hi again,

I am useing the original disc, other wise I wouldn't need any help :) I use anydvd beta and dvdclone2. It seems to go through what it needs to but when I get to the preview screen in clonedvd, the preview is not there. First sign of trouble. I go ahead anyways and it rips 30 seconds of section 1. Thats all it does. I get about 1,300 bits of useless backup. Have had some tough movies in the past but I think this is the winner in my book. Don't have anything else to add. I have done this tons of times with other movies and no problems, doing the exact same thing every time.

Just had something wierd happen. I tried my other drive and when I get to the preview screen in clonedvd, its still blank. But when I pass my mouse cursor over that area, the timer is ticking away, but no visual. Move the mouse away, and the timer disappears as well. Tried to backup, but no luck. Have included dump file on that drive here also.

studley

Attached Files:

12. Webslinger

You don't appear to be. In fact in all 3 of the log files you posted I see no evidence that you're using Clonedvd.

13. DrinkLyeAndDie

Please uninstall AnyDVD, reboot, and then re-install AnyDVD. According to your log files it appears that AnyDVD isn't installed. AnyDVD.sys isn't listed in your filters.

14. studley1957

studley1957 Member

clonedvd2

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong but the dump file wouldn't tell you what program I am useing to rip with since all I am useing is Anydvd to make the dump file. I use clonedvd2 to rip all my movies. I will try to uninstall and reinstall. Just for the record, this IS a registered version of Anydvd as well as clone dvd2. Thanks

studley

15. Webslinger

No.

It tells me what's installed on your system, and Clonedvd isn't installed (in each and every case). In one case, Anydvd wasn't even installed (at least, not properly); so, I have absolutely no idea how you managed to create a log file.

16. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Also try the AnyDVD ripper and then import the ripped disc (folder) into Clone or whaterver. Worked for me just fine.

If you're using the Beta nad you can't get a clean rip with AnyDVD, the problem is the original disc or some driver conflict.

-W

17. studley1957

studley1957 Member

Problem solved

Thanks for all the help. But I found what the problem was. I understand what everyone is saying but I do have both Anydvd and Clonedvd2 installed and working. Pretty much all I use :)

Now for the crazy solution. In clonedvd2, I didnt notice there were two large movies being listed. Chapter 12 1 hour and 53 minutes was on top and checked by default with clonedvd2. Below that unchecked was chapter 1 coming in at 1 hour 31 minutes. So all I had to do was uncheck chapter 12 and check chapter 1.

I wish i could make sense of all the other stuff everyone found. But thanks for the effort.

studley

18. Webslinger

Not properly, you don't

There's no way.

19. DrinkLyeAndDie

Unless you are doing something as silly as editing your log files and removing information from them then you do not have your software installed and working correctly.

Whether or not you wish to take advice given is up to you. Should you not follow offered advice then the responsibility is yours.

20. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Title 12 that long is a bogus title, just the fact that he's seeing it indicates a problem.
    Title 12 is supposed to be a short deleted scene.

-W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.