• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

+ r or - r ?

drcreek

Can someone tell me what the differance in +R and -R is :D

you can change the book type on +R, but not on -R (if your burner supports it). this has the advantage of increased (backwards) compatability when you burn all disks as -ROM : so that the player thinks it's a factory pressed disk.

I've never found a player yet (in my little world) that won't play a DVD+R that's been booktyped to DVD-ROM.
I've also never found a player that won't play a DVD-R as is.

I personally tend to favor DVD-R to avoid the extra booktyping step. Someday I may find the player that does not like them....

-W

I've never heard of "book typeing" a DVD, what is and how do you do it. I know my Samsung Blu-ray player won't play a DVD+, but my HD Toshiba player plays both DVD+ and minus.

if it's supported then most modern burning software will set it automatically to DVD-ROM. in the 'olden days' only richoh type burners, and burners with hacked firmware could do it. nowadays i reckon it's mainstream.

my oldest stand alone (Toshiba) won't play any self burned disks unless DVD-ROM.

Wikipedia is your friend

I have encountered many older players that would not read +R media but I believe most newer models will.

I have encountered many older players that would not read +R media

They all can provided booktype is set to "dvd-rom" and provided a compatibility issue doesn't occur with respect to the reflective layer of the disc used (but that can happen with dvd-r as well).

Back