• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Quick questions about pre version 8

JT!

As has been said anything before version 8 will still work.

But my two questions are...

1. Will it only for the length of your SlySoft licence?

2. Will it still connect to a database to get certain info for certain movies, if so will that database be still up and running?

Will be buying a RedFox licence soon anyway so more just out of curiosity.

Thanks.

Wrong section, the anydvd sections are reserved for disc problems.

1. Slysoft licenses will work up to 7695 but

2. without updating you may eventually lose access to the opd and new discs may not work

Figured as much, thanks ^.

Another question. I should still be able to connect to the database in this version correct? Right now I am unable to connect and before I start troubleshooting I just wanted to check if it was still available?

Another question. I should still be able to connect to the database in this version correct? Right now I am unable to connect and before I start troubleshooting I just wanted to check if it was still available?

Online database access for 7.9.6.5 ended after May 31st.
So no you won't be able to connect for discs that need it, unless you move to V8+

As others said May 31 was the cut off for OPD access mostly for BD and some new DVD. So if your movies are the old one not sure on BD but DVD it should work fine. But if you want more you will have to get RedFox license that the nature of having something that works for what it does.

Working on purchasing if my bank will play nice.

Another question about 7.9.6.5.... more of a 'just out of curiosity' kind of thing. If a new user were to download 7.9.6.5, would they have access to everything in the software (apart from the OPD obviously) or will they not be able to use it at all because they won't have a slysoft licence?

If they have a license everything but the opd.

Working on purchasing if my bank will play nice.

Another question about 7.9.6.5.... more of a 'just out of curiosity' kind of thing. If a new user were to download 7.9.6.5, would they have access to everything in the software (apart from the OPD obviously) or will they not be able to use it at all because they won't have a slysoft licence?
This assume they didn't remove all including the Slysoft license if they uninstalled it or lost the license then if their is no way to find or recover they license then they are stuck.
Correct, 7.9.6.5 requires a Slysoft license.
It's not requires that was the last version RedFox made to support Slysoft user for up to date so they still have access to 150,000 movies still no access to OPD after May 31, 2016. They did this out of their own expense and time-they have no real incentive to do this but they did.

It's not requires that was the last version RedFox made to support Slysoft user for up to date so they still have access to 150,000 movies still no access to OPD after May 31, 2016. They did this out of their own expense and time-they have no real incentive to do this but they did.

A Slysoft license was required for 7.6.9.5.
7.6.9.0 was the last Slysoft version that could be trialed without a license.

A Slysoft license was required for 7.6.9.5.
7.6.9.0 was the last Slysoft version that could be trialed without a license.
You did well to reply to what it was he'd written.
I read it 3 times now, and still cant make head nor tail of it.

In that case I wonder if it would be beneficial to release 7.6.9.5 free to all users with or without licences. The version is going to be highly pirated anyway. It would be awesome for the community and could doing that possibly help sales of newer versions?

New version highly pirated? I seriously doubt that, the first one has yet to appear.

New version highly pirated? I seriously doubt that, the first one has yet to appear.

Not the new version, I'm talking about 7.6.9.5. That version will be highly pirated because it's going to contain the most information and isn't really regulated anymore now that slysoft has gone byebye.

In that case I wonder if it would be beneficial to release 7.6.9.5 free to all users with or without licences. The version is going to be highly pirated anyway. It would be awesome for the community and could doing that possibly help sales of newer versions?
Its not going to happen. Sorry.

@JT! it already is, but OPD access has been cut off. Only DVD functionality now and non-new blu-ray (1+year old)

@JT! it already is, but OPD access has been cut off. Only DVD functionality now and non-new blu-ray (1+year old)

For current slysoft licence holders only right?

Back