• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Queue issue also applies to sound

DeepSpace

Yes, it is quite a long text, but I think I found a solution and I have to explain all details so nothing gets screwed up or someone says "yes, but what if AS cannot download 1080p for that episode, what should AS do then."
I could never understand that since it can just go down to the next highest, but I will adress that at the end of this post. There you can see everything the user can set and AS can do.

Yesterday, while continuing my download of Stargate, I discovered that the queue issue that prevents AS from downloading subs that are not available on EP1 on the following episodes also applies to sound.

S1 was available at 1080p and 640 kbps.
Because of that, I stopped for a second when I saw that AS only offered me 224 for S2. I checked a later episode and that was 640, so I checked the first ones and saw that only the first three are 224.
As soon as I unchecked these three episodes, AS immediately offered me 640.

The same thing happend again today with S5, the first two had 256.

However, some episodes after these two (4, 5, 6,1 0) are also 256. For them AS went down to 256 by itself and all the others are 640, unlike the other bug where a user chose a quality and AS went down for all of them.
I created logfiles after each season, but also made a new clean one today using 1.4.0.0 and containing only these two seasons. I will only attach this one, but I could also upload the others.

Solution:

So besides the option to always download all subs (but that should be standard behavior tbh...) you should also implement a setting to give the user the posibility to set what to do if a later episode has different qualities.
For me, I always want to download the highest version, so I would choose for AS to always go up, no matter what.

However, when I do multi-audio downloads, I specifically decide to go down, because I download 1080p for german and then 720p for the other language I want.
In that case AS should NOT go up for video in any case, since I specifically decided to get 720p.

So the solution is:
Add the following three checkboxes to the download dialog. Sure, it might clutter the UI, but in that case it is mandatory for AS to work properly, so that should have priority over the UI.
Also, these checkboxes would only appear when the user chooses multiple episodes/download all. They are useless when only downloading one thing.

While I made the picture, I had the thought that the user also should be able to choose between these two for audio and video.
So maybe I only want to re-dl it at 720p for the second language since I already have 1080p for german, but since I re-dl it to get the other language, this language should always download at the highest option.

So instead of only choosing between these two, the user can also check both of them. That will enable the drop-down box (the text of the two things is a drop down box), where the user can choose between the following:
(Keep)
-both video and audio
-...but only video
-...but only audio

(highest option)
-both video and audio
-...but only video
-...but only audio

So in my scenario above I would check keep for video, since I want it to be 720p for every episode, but would select highest for audio, since I always want to have the best option for the second language.
Of course AS needs to check if a user chose both, keep video and highest video for example. In that case it should make it red or grey out the download button.

If the user only wants to do one, for example I want to download one season with everything being the highest version, I would check only keep. Then, the other drop down should stay dark (to visually confirm it is not active) and the keep dropdown has "both video and audio" next to it, since this choose is only possible when you check both.

I think that is the best way to solve it. Sure you could hide it in settings, but then you have to close the download window, open settings, change it, go back, add it to the list... and when you want to add several things this will be a nightmare.
Also, as I explained, the drop-downs are really important to set it properly.

In case AS encountered anything different than offered in the initial configuration window, it should give any kind of feedback.
For example: I select keep, but it is an older series, so some later episodes are not available in 1080p.
Or I only could see 224 audio in the initial window (as my case in Stargate), but a later episode is higher.
In that case, AS should go down to the highest for that one or up for the second example, but inform the user at the end of the download.
For example, it can leave these entries in the queue (even when auto-remove is on) and mark them yellow (green=downloading and red=error, so yellow is the only way). In that case the user knows that he should open the .txt file in the download directory.
In that .txt file the user can see a list of all episodes that differ from the initial settings.
AS should always write this file as soon as something happens and not at the end of all downloads, so it is safe when a crash should occur.

For example:
AS 1.4.0.0, date and time
Amz, Stargate Atlantis S2
Standard settings: 1080p (set: highest), 224 kbps (set: highest)
Encountered Problems:
EP3: Only 720p was available. Downlaoded.
EP7: Only 128 audio was available. Downloaded.
EP10: 640 audio available. Downloaded as per chosen setting.

Example two (re-dl of something else for second language:
(...)
Standard settings: 720p (set: keep), 224 (set: highest)
EP2: Only 128 available. Downloaded.
EP5: 640 available. Downloaded as per chosen setting.
EP6: Only 540p available. Downloaded.

That way the user has a quick way to check all episodes for differences and can see if something was not available or better then the initial window. Removes all worries when the user checks EP6 and it is only 540p, because it is no error, it was the best and only option for that episode.

Attachments

• 2022-07-13_194844.png
    2022-07-13_194844.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 7
  • AnyStream_1.4.0.0 SG Atlantis Queue Sound bug.astlog
    897.9 KB · Views: 2
My advice....buy the Blu-Ray set on amazon currently at $49.99
I might do that, but when I search for Stargate Blu-Ray I can only see a UK import of Atlantis for 85€. Everything else is n/a.

But even if they had them, I would prefer to download it right now. I don't have the space to store any more discs, but a harddrive is small.
That is the very reason I haven't even bought any Star Trek series on disc right now. First of all, I have it from NF. Second, it will finally come to P+ (and hopefully to the not yet existing Amz channel as well for better quality), so I can get everything from there. And yes, I don't mind paying 50€ or even more for the complete box of Star Trek Voy (instead of selling every season seperately like other companies, but that is another story), but as I said, I don't have much space right now.
Third, it is only for archiving purposes or if I should need it one day since I currently have absolutely no time to watch it, so it is easier to just download everything for the moment.

Not to mention that the MGM channel is only 4€ per month, now it was 1€ due to the discounts. So it is basically free compared to buying the discs.
I will buy them at a later point for sure, Star Trek as well. Just not now.

There's no excuse for them to have a show they own so screwed up.
Well, they only bought MGM recently, so I am not sure if it is their fault. Also it might be something to these episodes, making 224 the only sound available. But yes, things like that should not happen.
But that is nothing compared to some other series, where they have many different video formats. The worst example was Tom and Jerry on Amz. It was a series with maybe 150-200 episodes that was leaving from prime, so I downloaded it.
I would have to check for exact numbers, but some eps where at SD, some DVD res. Some even had HD, being a 4:3 series with 1440x1080, so that was the best that could happen, but other episodes where 1920x1080 and have been stretched to 16:9... it was just a nightmare. On top of that, it was switching back and forth between these options. Two eps HD, then one SD, then three HD and five SD again... That was before batch was thing, so I noticed it. Otherwise AS might've given me all eps with the same resolution if the first was only SD, which is another example on why that should be implemented.

Sorry for the long text again, but once I write, I write.

First of all, I have it from NF. Second, it will finally come to P+ (and hopefully to the not yet existing Amz channel as well for better quality), so I can get everything from there.

DS - fyi P+ is an existing Amz channel, at least in US region. I just signed up and the quality from the channel is better than the standalone sub tab. Hopefully it'll make it to you soon as well

DS - fyi P+ is an existing Amz channel, at least in US region. I just signed up and the quality from the channel is better than the standalone sub tab. Hopefully it'll make it to you soon as well
I know that, but I am in germany and P+ is yet to come at the end of this year, and I hope that the channel will be created as well as soon as P+ arrives.

Back