• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Questions about Speed Menu

Crower

I'd like a little more information on speed menu. I've heard it's a great feature, but can't seem to find much on it.

Does using this feature work with "copy to file" and "create ISO"? I back up a number of 3D titles and I've seen recommendations for doing this with "create ISO" rather than copying to a file so I'm wondering if it would be effective for those titles.

Does its use create a new menu page or does it use the original disk's menu? I think I saw something about downloading menu page templates. Are these available at SlySoft?

Does speed menu eliminate trailers and objectionable title pages? What about featurettes/deleted scenes/etc. - any danger of those being eliminated?

If there's a forum info page on Speed Menu, any chance of someone pointing me there?

Thanks.

I'd like a little more information on speed menu. I've heard it's a great feature, but can't seem to find much on it.

Does using this feature work with "copy to file" and "create ISO"? I back up a number of 3D titles and I've seen recommendations for doing this with "create ISO" rather than copying to a file so I'm wondering if it would be effective for those titles.

Does its use create a new menu page or does it use the original disk's menu? I think I saw something about downloading menu page templates. Are these available at SlySoft?

Does speed menu eliminate trailers and objectionable title pages? What about featurettes/deleted scenes/etc. - any danger of those being eliminated?

If there's a forum info page on Speed Menu, any chance of someone pointing me there?

Thanks.
Just try it on a PC with Blu-ray player software installed. You don't need to rip anything, just try it with an original disc.

Just try it on a PC with Blu-ray player software installed. You don't need to rip anything, just try it with an original disc.

I don't have player software on my machine and primarily use it with AnyDVD HD for backing up my originals, so I'd like to know a little more about it prior to burning valuable blank disks. On the other hand, are you saying that it's mainly a player tool and isn't used for burning back-ups?

Speedmenu.

Speedmenu replaces the original menu with a simple menu that has a list of playlists/tracks that can be easily/quickly selected for viewing.
There is also an option to keep the original menu, incase you ever need to access it (though I believe this option may not work on all discs, I haven't tried it extensively)

Basically you can pretty much go from inserting the disc to watching the movie within a few seconds, without watching all the trailers/warning etc.
It also can help older players view the disc (if the player doesn't support newer JAVA menus)

It will work on both 'copy to file' and 'create ISO'

Featurettes/deleted scenes aren't eliminated, but using the Speedmenu is not an intuitive way of viewing these features (you won't know which is which) you ideally need to use the original menu to view these features.

Additional designs/templates are available on the Slysoft download page (scroll down to the bottom half of the page)

I have attached a couple of screenshots, so you can see what it looks like. One with 'Keep Original menu' option disabled and one with it enabled (you will see ' launch original menu' is added). It is still probably worth burning one disc just to see what you think though :)

Edit- Note: When using the 'keep original menu' option, you will still have to view trailers etc if you decide to select/launch the original menu.

Attachments

• speedmenu.jpg
    speedmenu.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 28
  • speedmenu2.jpg
    speedmenu2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I don't have player software on my machine and primarily use it with AnyDVD HD for backing up my originals, so I'd like to know a little more about it prior to burning valuable blank disks. On the other hand, are you saying that it's mainly a player tool and isn't used for burning back-ups?

You should get a software player, otherwise you miss AnyDVD's best feature: Checking how the copy would look like, without making a copy. Features like speedmenu (with different skins), removing annoyances, removing uops, all the remastering stuff can be checked beforehand. Without wasting one second to create an image or even worse, burn a disc.

Just the information I was looking for ddjmagic! Your screen shots are excellent. Many thanks.

James - I'm thinking about getting a player before too long - just got my new machine and haven't fully populated it with programs yet. I've been looking at PowerDVD 14 Pro but am open to any suggestions????? Will a player show most problems with a rip if any exist?

Thanks for the input from both of you.

James - I'm thinking about getting a player before too long - just got my new machine and haven't fully populated it with programs yet. I've been looking at PowerDVD 14 Pro but am open to any suggestions????? Will a player show most problems with a rip if any exist?

With ArcSoft dropping out, your choices are limited - PowerDVD 14 or WinDVD.
I don't like WinDVD very much, but for a "playback check" it should be good enough, and it is cheap.
If you can find a "used" player (or an OEM version, which came with a drive?), PowerDVD 10 and up is fine. I personally like PowerDVD 10 the most of all recent versions.
And yes, such a player will usually show a problem before you even start to rip.

Just the information I was looking for ddjmagic! Your screen shots are excellent. Many thanks.

Thanks for the input from both of you.

Here is some more input on the subject over at the ArcSoft forums as to which player may be preferable, but if you only intend to use any licensed player just to look to see how AnyDVD HD behaves with it, I don't think it really matters.

Although I do prefer Power DVD14 as my licensed computer based player over Win DVD for the reasons given in the posts at ArcSoft.

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_...that-tmt-is-dead-what-is-your-favorite-player

Both PowerDVD and WinDVD have a free trial, so you can try and see which you prefer. Like others have said, if you are just using for testing then either should be fine.

PowerDVD 14 Ultra is currently $50 on Amazon (both the retail disc and downloaded versions) which is about as cheap as I've seen it (it's lower than Cyberlink's own 'Black Friday' sale :D)

Speedmenu

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand the way speedmenus works, it will work with the original disk or an unprotected or protected iso image mounted with a virtual drive (such as VCD). Sometimes "Keep Original Menu" has to be unchecked for speedmenu to work. I only use it if I have a difficult disk that has some kind of menu problems and I want to keep some extras. It is nice to have but hate when I have to use it :).

Last edited:
Back