• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question when using CloneDVD Mobile to go from DVD to Ipod Classic

bdloftus24

Quick Question on CloneDVD if somebody could help me please

I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I've had them for over a year now and burning DVD's is great. A friend at work's father has the the same and she said that her dad uses the two softwares together to rip movies to her Ipod Video. I asked how and she said that when he puts the DVD in and AnyDVD cracks everything. Then she said that he used Clone DVD and used the Mobile option to put it on her Ipod. I tried that and didn't see that option. So, my questions are: 1) Can you rip movies to your Ipod using CloneDVD and if so how, 2) Or is the only way you can rip them to your Ipod is by using CloneDVD Mobile the only way and if so, can you use that software to rip to DVD's too? 3) If not, do you have to have both, one for DVD's and the other for Mobile items like Ipods.

Lots of questions. Sorry but I really want to be able to put them on my Ipod too. If somebody could help me, that would be great.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Brian

Quick question regarding CloneDVD vs CloneDVD Mobile

I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I've had them for over a year now and burning DVD's is great. A friend at work's father has the the same and she said that her dad uses the two softwares together to rip movies to her Ipod Video. I asked how and she said that when he puts the DVD in and AnyDVD cracks everything. Then she said that he used Clone DVD and used the Mobile option to put it on her Ipod. I tried that and didn't see that option. So, my questions are: 1) Can you rip movies to your Ipod using CloneDVD and if so how, 2) Or is the only way you can rip them to your Ipod is by using CloneDVD Mobile the only way and if so, can you use that software to rip to DVD's too? 3) If not, do you have to have both, one for DVD's and the other for Mobile items like Ipods.

Lots of questions. Sorry but I really want to be able to put them on my Ipod too. If somebody could help me, that would be great.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Brian

So, again, it sounds like CloneDVD does not offer a way to put it to your mobile device but the CloneDVD Mobile does but it's complicated. Is that correct? If it isn't complicated, is there a thread that tells you how with screenshots?

They mean they are using CloneDVD Mobile, try it out it's great and has a free 21 day trial.

Thanks for the quick response. With the Mobile version, can you rip DVD's with it too?

Also, with Mobile, does it rip the movie to your hardrive and then you drag it to your Ipod? or does it rip it directly to your Ipod?

They mean they are using CloneDVD Mobile, try it out it's great and has a free 21 day trial.

Hi, I downloaded the trial version of CloneDVD Mobile to use with my AnyDVD. I've put my DVD in and AnyDVD cracked the protection stuff. Now I've fired up my trial version of CloneDVD Mobile. I chose "Ipod Video" and clicked "Next". Now here is my question. Does the software then convert my DVD to a MP4 which is the Ipod video extension and put it to my Ipod directly. Or does it put it on my hard drive where I have to use I tunes to get it on my Ipod? Please let me know. thank you.

Hi :)
This has been reinstated as the thread to which it had been merged was of a different topic.(Although similar).
That being the case. The OP didn't want folk overlooking this 'new' topic.
Thanks to all concerned.

It puts it on your hard drive where you then drag and drop it on to your ipod through itunes.

Hi, I downloaded the trial version of CloneDVD Mobile to use with my AnyDVD. I've put my DVD in and AnyDVD cracked the protection stuff. Now I've fired up my trial version of CloneDVD Mobile. I chose "Ipod Video" and clicked "Next". Now here is my question. Does the software then convert my DVD to a MP4 which is the Ipod video extension and put it to my Ipod directly. Or does it put it on my hard drive where I have to use I tunes to get it on my Ipod? Please let me know. thank you.

bdloftus24,

Your threads are all related to each other; please do not post multiple related threads all over the forums please. This makes troubleshooting very difficult as people responding to you are required to visit all the various threads you created. click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=34 and read fully. Thank you
Those are the forum posting guidelines and rules. While I'm sure zebadee had every good intention in mind, your posts here do not warrant separate threads.

There is a help button that you can click in the upper right corner of Clonedvd mobile. Click "Apple Ipod video" on the left after clicking "help". I believe the information provided there will help you. Read that information fully please.

I recommend the using the following method to rip first before using Clonedvd mobile (should you experience problems when using directly importing a disc into Clonedvd mobile with Anydvd running in the background):

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.0.9 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6309.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Right click the red fox icon, and select "rip video dvd to harddisk." Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want.

4. If you still have problems, then . . .

A) a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

Last edited:
Back