• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question regarding Key Archive

tectpro

Translator (ms_MY)
When reading a region code 1 DVD with a Region code 1 DVD drive and the archive is enabled the Archive will save the information.

Reinserting the disc will use the information from the archive.

When a different region code DVD drive ( Region 2,3 or 4) is used to read the disc in the same system will it affect the information from the archive or can the DVD be accessed without issues?
As info from the Archive is used?

When a disc has a different region, anydvd will try to bruteforce crack the css encryption. When successful the key is then stored in the archive just like any other normally decrypted dvd.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

When a disc has a different region, anydvd will try to bruteforce crack the css encryption. When successful the key is then stored in the archive just like any other normally decrypted dvd.

Ok.
I have several drives with different region.
When I insert region code 1 DVD in region code 1 DVD drive, no problem.
When inserting in another drive with code 2,3 or 4 I get the message that not all keys .... (disc has never been inserted before)
However when the disc has been inserted to a region code 1 DVD drive before, the warning message does not pop up when inserting into drive with code 2,3 or 4.

The warning is because of the region mismatch, it's normal. The only way to avoid it is to use a drive with the matching region. And yes anydvd does use the archive too, once a dvd is decrypted and the key stored in the archive, any time you insert that same disc again anydvd doesn't re-crack the css, it pulls the key from the archive it knows is correct.

Thank you for the confirmation, that is good to know.
In that case I can leave my drives in the region they are now.

Back