• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question: Partial Copy ISO with 3D Retained

jayper

Apologies for the new thread, but I was hoping to get a quick validation on my understanding after reading through documentation/FAQs.

If I have a backed up 3D blu-ray (folder back-up or ISO), and I load it into CloneBD, I will NOT be able to create a "Partial Copy ISO" and retain 3D for playback. Is that correct?

Apologies for the new thread, but I was hoping to get a quick validation on my understanding after reading through documentation/FAQs.

If I have a backed up 3D blu-ray (folder back-up or ISO), and I load it into CloneBD, I will NOT be able to create a "Partial Copy ISO" and retain 3D for playback. Is that correct?
Correct. CloneBD has no 3D support for isos, but makes wonderful MVC mkv files.

Correct. CloneBD has no 3D support for isos, but makes wonderful MVC mkv files.
Thanks so much, James! Appreciate the confirmation. That is what I was gathering, but just wanted to be certain. Cheers!

If your player supports MVC mkv, go for it. Unfortunately, very few do...

There is an alternative to cloneBD if you want to shrink AND keep 3d. It's not the easiest tool to use but it can be done, it's called BD-rebuilder available free on doom9.org.

In most ways it's vastly inferior to CloneBD in terms of UI, and user friendliness. But for shrinking 3DBD's, it's my go-to tool, and only for that nowadays.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There is an alternative to cloneBD if you want to shrink AND keep 3d. It's not the easiest tool to use but it can be done, it's called BD-rebuilder available free on doom9.org.
IIRC the resulting discs/images won't play in every 3D player. But it has been years since I tried it.

Could be but they worked in my Panasonic. Been a few years since I used it too since we'll, very few new 3d releases.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah... no goals to actually shrink (transcode) and retain the 3D. I often just prefer to create ISO images with just the main feature playlist for playback on my Oppo. It's not a big deal or worth the hassle to deal with another program. I can just stick with full ISO back-ups. That'll do fine. As you said, very few new 3D releases these days. Appreciate all the thoughts and suggestions everyone. Cheers!

Could be but they worked in my Panasonic.
IIRC they did not play in my Oppo. I just use full isos, as the Oppo doesn't play mvc mkv. PowerDVD 19 does, but ... well...

Probably because it doesn't support the 'in-mux' 3d option bdrb uses, but it's a valid format. Just not adopted a lot by the industry.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Back