• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question life dvd media

cloudff7

Which is worse for dvd and mdisc dvd lifespan, high temperature or high humidity?

This troll again. Just doesn't give up. Besides misc is designed for longevity. Pretty sure they thoroughly tested moisture and heat exposure.

Go ask Verbatim or read the whitepaper on it. They designed that media type

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

troll no, what is troll for you? any question is a troll?

Greetings: Just from my own experience, some DVD media is more reliable than others, and the recording device can contribute to the life of the DVD as well. One size does not fit all so to speak. I generally record at the slowest speed possible to get a consistent, constant burn as possible. I use external burners as the copy burner and my laptop burner as the "source" burner. Keep the copies as dry as possible, and room temperature, OUT of direct sunlight. I also have a 3 tier DVD burner, that does not care for the cheaper disks. Verbatim, Sony, Phillips, Maxwell, etc work better in the machine, with less failures. Just for information wise, the "Smartbuy" brand from WalMart, in both the D5 single layer, and the D9 dual layer, have given me good service. They are made in Vietnam. They, to me, seem almost half again or more in thickness, although I do not know how well, the media stands up over time in holding the recording data. They are usually, about $17 to $20 dollars a hundred disks, spindeless. No spindle, shrink wrapped. You can purchase 100-600-1200 or any quantity actually. To me they seem to be a pretty heavy duty disk. I use them on my external, single burner, or internal laptop burner. This has been my experience over many years of making both CD and DVD copies. Always St.Backup should be with you. NEVER make just one copy, IF you can avoid doing so. Make at least two.

Disks can also be susceptible to mold, etc over time. Coopervid, is quite correct. Listen to him. That is why he said both temp and humidity can contribute to the degradation of the media over time. Treat your main copy and your backups with equal care. Thanks for listening. Please stay safe during the holidays, and the new year to come. May you all have peace.

Louis

Greetings again. I forgot, to mention to keep your recording devices clean also. I try to remember to run a disk cleaner or used canned air to clean the "eye" on the machine, before beginning to copy and make sure the blank media, has no finger prints, dust, etc on it before you make your copies. I take a can of spray furniture polish, spray a small dab on one part of the source disk, and polish the surface with a old T shirt, before using it in my laptop DVD burner. Then I try to use the slowest speed possible (test your drives out) on the copy DVD drive. Again, thank your for listening. Stay safe out there. Peace out.

Louis

Back