1. RedFox is offering a discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until (Cyber-)Monday, November 28, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Webslinger

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by ZO1, Jun 11, 2007.

1. ZO1

ZO1 Well-Known Member

Hi Webslinger!

I have read many post form you regarding using CloneCD for backing up DL disks. I plan on backing up Lord of the Rings (all three) to Verbatim DVD+R DL (singapore type). Do I need to go into settings with CloneCD (i.e. buffer, underrun) and adjust anything, or is the default fine.

Any input would help. Thanks a bunch! :)

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

The default setting should be fine. Provided the blank media is MKM001 (when you check for media codes), then I'd use a 4x burn speed, provided your burner supports it.

click this

3. ZO1

ZO1 Well-Known Member

Blank media is MKM001. Max burn speed is 6X on my burner. I'll burn at 4X
    I think I just need to verify the "booktype of the +R DL media to "dvd-rom" according to your link.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

4. Webslinger

This is why I would like to see bitsetting support added to Clonecd.

5. BurnerHEAD

BurnerHEAD Well-Known Member

you're still dreaming about the 8th wonder of the world, huh? :D

6. customshopkv1

customshopkv1 Well-Known Member

:bowdown: :clap: :bowdown:

7. ZO1

ZO1 Well-Known Member

Perhaps we can all request bitsetting support from Slysoft for CloneCD?

8. ZO1

ZO1 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys. While trying to change my bit setting, I have a dilema. Its greyed out. I am using a Sony dw-q28a(rebadged Lite-On 1693s-I think) firmware version KFS1. I have attached a picture so you can see.

Perhaps my drive doesnt support bit setting? Any help is appreciated. BTW, I did backup of Lord of the Rings (two towers) and it seems to be fine. I just want to get the bit setting set up correctly. Thanks again:)

Attached Files:

9. Webslinger

10. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

It already is, but for NEC drives (and NEC OEM drives) only.

EDIT: And only for DVD+R DL media (which will automatically be set to DVD-ROM)
    Same is true for CloneDVD, too.

11. customshopkv1

Is there a plan to add support for other drives..... *cough* Plextor *cough*?

12. ZO1

ZO1 Well-Known Member

Do you have a recommendation on what firmware version I should try. This is what is offered. My firmware version KFS1. Thanks Folks!

"SONY DVD RW DW-Q28A - KYS3, KYS4 / KYR6
    (Known Firmwares: KYS1/KYS2/KYS3, KAS7)
    Use LtnRPC to reset or disable the Region Counter. Click Disable and your drive will be region free!
    OEM Liteon SOHW-1693S
    RPC-2"

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  13. James

Not really, 'cause Plextor drives can easily be set to permanently use DVD-ROM instead of DVD-R DL using PlexTools, can't they?

14. James

I just checked: This includes the newer SONY/NEC OptiArc drives, too.

15. customshopkv1

For some reason mine seems to reset itself. It is just an extra step to startup Plextools and change the bitsetting, and then run CloneCD. BTW great program.:clap:

16. James

Strange... maybe Webslinger knows more about this "self resetting" Plextor problem.

@Webslinger: Is this a "real" Plextor drive, or a rebadge?
    EDIT: Plextor PX-755A, that is

17. Webslinger

The PX-755A and PX-760A are real Plextor drives using Sanyo chipsets--and quite possibly the last real Plextor dvd burners we will ever see.

18. Webslinger

Honestly, I don't, sorry. I don't own this burner. It's possible you may need to crossflash to a Lite-on firmware, but that will void your burner's warranty.

19. Webslinger

That's pretty weird. The only thing I can recommend is to ensure both your firmware and version of pxtools are up to date. Under the "Advanced" tab in Plextools, ensure "Change Booktype for dvd+R DL" is checked.

20. Webslinger

It's nice to see some development for bitsetting support. Thank you. I hope that development continues.