• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question for developers on show name templates

In my opinion, batch download for seasons is the most important feature for anystream. Right now we have to click each episode manually and obviously choose maximum download speed. With a queue implemented, I could just let it run over night at regular speed.

I think that's good for anystream and for me.
''

If you think about it though, it's also possibly a way to get "detected" and have your account banned. I want batch download too, especially for things with seasons, but just thinking out loud, if not handled correctly could have negative results. I am not a developer but I would assume such a function would have to be implemented very carefully.

i've been downloading nothing but unlimited speed since closed beta began in april last year. Zero negative effect so far.

i've been downloading nothing but unlimited speed since closed beta began in april last year. Zero negative effect so far.

In my opinion, if this project were to garner the attention of the networks it utilizes it would not be very difficult to detect it's use. Flying under the radar should be the goal at all times in my summation.

Again, just my thoughts. I don't have any inside knowledge beyond having deep knowledge and experience in networking itself which only slightly applies to the subject I would think.

If you think about it though, it's also possibly a way to get "detected" and have your account banned. I want batch download too, especially for things with seasons, but just thinking out loud, if not handled correctly could have negative results. I am not a developer but I would assume such a function would have to be implemented very carefully.
Despite no negative effects so far, I'd like to avoid negative effects in the future!

The one big change batch download could cause is inhuman times of activity:

Even at unlimited currently, you have to do it by hand, so it will only be while you're awake and at your computer.

But with batch, you could end up doing 24x7, which might be more noticeable, even at 1x speed.

So I hope we can specify a time window, a maximum number of hours per day, or start an N-hour job:

I might manually "binge" from around 6p to midnight every day. But I certainly won't be watching every waking hour. And probably not at 4 in the morning, given that I might be interacting with the site during the daytime.

In my opinion, if this project were to garner the attention of the networks it utilizes it would not be very difficult to detect it's use. Flying under the radar should be the goal at all times in my summation.

Again, just my thoughts. I don't have any inside knowledge beyond having deep knowledge and experience in networking itself which only slightly applies to the subject I would think.

On the contrary it probably very difficult. AnyStream is designed to mimic "navigating" to a title just like you would on a browser/native app. Thus it's difficult to distinguish actual browsers/apps from anystream.
But with batch, you could end up doing 24x7, which might be more noticeable, even at 1x speed.

Only until you hit your token cap :)

On the contrary it probably very difficult. AnyStream is designed to mimic "navigating" to a title just like you would on a browser/native app. Thus it's difficult to distinguish actual browsers/apps from anystream.

I understand what you are saying but I am going to have to disagree. While it would take some effort I do not think it would be very difficult. From a behavior standpoint I think it's easier to pick out than you think. ESPECIALLY if we start doing batch downloads (although I am sure some creative things could be added to help that, like a random time between queued downloads etc).

I think what it all boils down to is cost. If the providers think they can spend some internal capital and it's worth their time to do so they will figure it out. But so long as AS is just a flea on the dog they don't care and it's not worth their time. Hence my point about staying under the radar.

If you disagree it's cool. I am not looking to pick a fight. Just stating my opinion is all.

No worries mate, you're more than entitled to your own opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just curious if you are using a VPN. I've been tempted to go over 1x but a little paranoid still since I just started using the software.

Only when i want to grab something from the us, I'm in eu. Otherwise no.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Only until you hit your token cap :)
True.

But I wasn't pointing out excessive usage, but rather inhuman usage. 24 hours straight for even 1-2 days would be pretty obvious if they bothered to look for it, even staying under the cap.

Right now, since there's always a person hitting "download," you won't get that humanly impossible usage, which helps it fly under the radar.

Just pointing out one of the challenges I would anticipate in automating things further.

No, not at the moment at least.
However, we're working on the batch download mechanism for seasons and this is something we'll have to take into consideration, so thanks for bringing this up.

I understood straight away why 1x downloading is recommended -- want to appear to be a live viewer, not a downloading bot. One idea I had about queueing before I even came onto the forum and found this thread: What about adding a random time gap, between 3 minutes and one hour, between queue'd movie downloads? When one movie is downloaded, it'll pop up a timer saying that the next movie will begin in xx:xx minutes and include a "start now" override button. This would still have human intervention for those who don't want to delay and happen to be at their computer between downloads, and still add a random interval element to appear to be human controlled.

I understood straight away why 1x downloading is recommended -- want to appear to be a live viewer, not a downloading bot. One idea I had about queueing before I even came onto the forum and found this thread: What about adding a random time gap, between 3 minutes and one hour, between queue'd movie downloads? When one movie is downloaded, it'll pop up a timer saying that the next movie will begin in xx:xx minutes and include a "start now" override button. This would still have human intervention for those who don't want to delay and happen to be at their computer between downloads, and still add a random interval element to appear to be human controlled.
Maybe we could invent a cloaking device LOL

Reactions: DQ
It's a good idea implementing a random time gap. Additionally, maybe a timer would be a good solution, with which you can e.g. run downloads only for a limited time a day. This should be realistic enough.

Just my $.02 I don't care how much elapsed time it takes to download a batch queue as long as I can batch it and let it run in the background. So a random time gap with a download window I think would help A S fly under the radar.

Just my $.02 I don't care how much elapsed time it takes to download a batch queue as long as I can batch it and let it run in the background. So a random time gap with a download window I think would help A S fly under the radar.
I download @ 2X it's perfect.

So any update on batch download? It is, in my opinion, THE most important feature currently missing. Thanks
This is not an easy thing to implement, I am sure they are doing their best, no timeline has been given, so please have a bit of patience, I know it's been a while but they are doing the best possible. Thanks for your understanding.

This is not an easy thing to implement, I am sure they are doing their best, no timeline has been given, so please have a bit of patience, I know it's been a while but they are doing the best possible. Thanks for your understanding.
The easiest way to do it im guessing would be to add a tick button next to each episode people want to download then it can either download 1 episode at a time or 1 after the other (just a suggestion)

The easiest way to do it im guessing would be to add a tick button next to each episode people want to download then it can either download 1 episode at a time or 1 after the other (just a suggestion)
I wouldn't know, I am not a developer.

No, not at the moment at least.
However, we're working on the batch download mechanism for seasons and this is something we'll have to take into consideration, so thanks for bringing this up.

wondering if there's any update for when this feature will go into the release ? according to the list of features, batch download (78448) is approved ...

Back