• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

question about title 9 gone baby gone

SlapSoft

I have a general question about bad sectors that's relevant to this discussion:

If Nero CDSpeed (or DVDInfoPro) show a couple of bad sectors, BUT my AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 combo are able to rip the main title to my hard drive without any displayed errors, can I assume that the rip is OK and ready for burning?

The couple of bad sectors were in the main title of "Gone Baby Gone" (Title 1, Chapter 9.)

I'm on XP Pro SP2 with current versions of both AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.

Thanks for any input!

If Nero CDSpeed (or DVDInfoPro) show a couple of bad sectors, BUT my AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 combo are able to rip the main title to my hard drive without any displayed errors, can I assume that the rip is OK and ready for burning?

The couple of bad sectors were in the main title of "Gone Baby Gone" (Title 1, Chapter 9.)

If Clonedvd ripped Title 1, chapter 9 without issue you should be o.k., but that disc is probably borderline bad (or possibly your reader/drive is slowly dying). I tend to agree with bilbo65.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies...

So (just so I understand things) it appears that CloneDVD was able to 'recover' those sectors by way of some kind of error compensation?

And if it wasn't able to recover, CloneDVD would have told me?

I don't want to waste a DVD burning the files if there's a problem (and I don't want to watch Chapter 9 all by itself at my computer - haha :disagree: )

Thanks!

If Clonedvd encounters a read error, that's it. Game over
Clonedvd didn't recover anything. Either the disc is borderline bad or your drive is dying so the results are going to change each time (that is, you got lucky with this disc and your drive once with Clonedvd; but you may not get lucky every single time with that disc and your drive)

Please do not post in other people's troubleshooting threads unless you want to help them please. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=87585&postcount=4 and read fully

Back