• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question About Possible License Transfer to My New Computer

NeoQDio

Hi EVERYBODY! ... I'm a long time SlySoft user for years , wanting to purchase the new RedFox License probably the Lifetime like I have now. If I do buy and install on my existing computer. ... is it possible to transfer the license/ program to a new computer that I will be buying soon? (or will I have to re-buy the RedFox license).. Thanks for any insight!! ..

Hi EVERYBODY! ... I'm a long time SlySoft user for years , wanting to purchase the new RedFox License probably the Lifetime like I have now. If I do buy and install on my existing computer. ... is it possible to transfer the license/ program to a new computer that I will be buying soon? (or will I have to re-buy the RedFox license).. Thanks for any insight!! ..
When I just registered my license it shows a machine ID but Ivan has said that it can be used on other machines just not at same time and that's probably why that ID code is there. To make sure people don't take advantage of that ability .

No problem at all.

Thanks for responding. I am technically challenged ! .. all I do is copy DVD's for home use and would not need 2 comps running with it, the old one I use now is having problems, It will be a few months before I get a new one, but didn't want to miss the discount now... hence , thinking buy new license now, install, and transfer to new computer (so I would not have to buy RedFox twice). My thinking was if it transferred to new computer, it would be cancelled from my old computer. No doubling up of the program...
So, if it IS allowed to be used on other machines as Ivan said , how would it be installed on a new computer after buying it for my computer that will eventually crap out soon? ... Is there a different forum I should be asking this in too? ... Thanks nebostangla!

Thanks for responding. I am technically challenged ! .. all I do is copy DVD's for home use and would not need 2 comps running with it, the old one I use now is having problems, It will be a few months before I get a new one, but didn't want to miss the discount now... hence , thinking buy new license now, install, and transfer to new computer (so I would not have to buy RedFox twice). My thinking was if it transferred to new computer, it would be cancelled from my old computer. No doubling up of the program...
So, if it IS allowed to be used on other machines as Ivan said , how would it be installed on a new computer after buying it for my computer that will eventually crap out soon? ... Is there a different forum I should be asking this in too? ... Thanks nebostangla!
Download whatever the current version is when you get the new computer, copy the AnyDVD key somewhere on your computer that you can find it, and either run the "Register AnyDVD" application, or double-click the AnyDVD key with AnyDVD running.

It's allowed just fine, as long as you don't go using the same license on a few dozen PC's nothing will happen to it. As far as the machine id goes, only trial licenses are hardware bound. Registered versions are user licenses not hardware bound.

All the info I've just received helps a lot.... Thank you so much! ...

It's allowed just fine, as long as you don't go using the same license on a few dozen PC's nothing will happen to it. As far as the machine id goes, only trial licenses are hardware bound. Registered versions are user licenses not hardware bound.
I never got the trial license just installed and registered but it still did the machine ID on mine today again no trial key requested. No biggie though I'm not using it on multiple computers.

The machine Id is still listed because it's the one unique identifier everyone has and they can ask for in support. However registration wise it's unused for licensed versions.

I am technically challenged ! .. the old one I use now is having problems, It will be a few months before I get a new one,

Since this question is resolved' I'm going to hijack to try to help him further.
What OS is your old PC running? How "old" is it? Do you know what its got for CPU and memory?
-W

Back