• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question about Playlist Obfuscation

Crower

I mostly do Blu-Ray backups to disk (rather than make HD versions), and am a bit confused about the playlist obfuscation problems that have been appearing lately.

1) Am I correct to say that even if I backup a bluray to ISO and then burn that to a disk, an original incorporating playlist obfuscation will cause problems if SlySoft hasn't already dealt with that original and built it into the version of AnyDVD HD that I'm using?

2) If that's the case, is there any way to manually fix a burn if the correct playlist sequence is known? How would the playlist information be entered.

3) When SlySoft addresses a particular movie disk (i.e. John Wick), and issues a new beta, will using that beta take care of the obfuscation problem (assuming the fix was done properly)?

Thanks

1. Correct if anydvd doesn't handle that specific version of the disc then the protection will kick in on the original and default to the wrong playlist. As such any backup made (iso or physical is irrelevant) will use the same incorrect playlist. On top of that your iso/physical backup is created or can't be corrected to use the good one. Once created, the damage is done.

2) sometimes users here manage to find the correct one based on movie duration and video sequences. The manual fix could probably be to edit the incorrect mpls file with the sequence from the correct one so the incorrect one also acts as if it was a good one. Don't ask me how I don't know, I don't know. I also don't know if it can cause problems if you do this.

3) obfuscation discs are usually first fixed not through a beta at all but through the OPD. the version and type (release/beta) of anydvd doesn't matter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I mostly do Blu-Ray backups to disk (rather than make HD versions), and am a bit confused about the playlist obfuscation problems that have been appearing lately.

1) Am I correct to say that even if I backup a bluray to ISO and then burn that to a disk, an original incorporating playlist obfuscation will cause problems if SlySoft hasn't already dealt with that original and built it into the version of AnyDVD HD that I'm using?

2) If that's the case, is there any way to manually fix a burn if the correct playlist sequence is known? How would the playlist information be entered.

3) When SlySoft addresses a particular movie disk (i.e. John Wick), and issues a new beta, will using that beta take care of the obfuscation problem (assuming the fix was done properly)?

Thanks
You can use my method to find the correct playlist from a slysoft image that has screen pass in it but you have to fish out the playlist with tsmux ( this is what I did with john wick 1 week ago. Demux that playlist to bluray option in tsmuxer and create an ISO to burn onto a disk and it will work. But you will loose everything except the movie and sound and subtitles will be intact. If you want everything on the disk then you have to wait for slysoft to figure out the movie and release an update to anydvdhd.

The manual fix could probably be to edit the incorrect mpls file with the sequence from the correct one so the incorrect one also acts as if it was a good one. Don't ask me how I don't know, I don't know. I also don't know if it can cause problems if you do this.

All that is needed is to find the correct mpls and copy it then rename the copy and replace the default copy protection mpls. Finding the default mpls is quite easy, just find the one that contains the copyright message clip. There is only one mpls which includes the copyright clip. Just replace this mpls with the correct one. In some cases this doesn't work so you may need to do a movie only copy using the correct mpls.

Cool idea to rename the mpls of the fake to real. Thumbs up on that idea and you get to keep menu!

Cool idea to rename the mpls of the fake to real. Thumbs up on that idea and you get to keep menu!

Usually this works but sometimes it won't, in that case I just do a movie only copy using the correct playlist.

Hi,

I though about that too.
How do you know which (wrong) playlist to replace with the correct one?
The right playlist is usually posted in this forum (or somewhere else).

But how do you know which playlist to replace?

Simple leave anydvd enabled and run process monitor. Compare with and without. Rename the one with slysoft enabled to the one without slysoft enabled. Then it will default to the correct mpls. This is all theory. Anyone like to beta test this idea? Some other user mentioned this idea. Sounds great if it works

Hi,

I though about that too.
How do you know which (wrong) playlist to replace with the correct one?
The right playlist is usually posted in this forum (or somewhere else).

But how do you know which playlist to replace?

There is only one playlist which includes the copyright clip. A good app to view the playlist contents is Clown_BD BD Copier. The copyright clip always plays second and is usually far out of sequence of the rest of the clips. Usually this playlist has a unique play time as well.

Last edited:
Simple leave anydvd enabled and run process monitor. Compare with and without. Rename the one with slysoft enabled to the one without slysoft enabled. Then it will default to the correct mpls. This is all theory. Anyone like to beta test this idea? Some other user mentioned this idea. Sounds great if it works

I've tested this a long time ago and it seemed to work fine.
You have it mixed up though, you would rename the good playlist to the bad/fake one (as jellyhead suggested above)
That way when the bad/fake playlist is played it is actually the good playlist.

I'm not sure if there are any other consequences to this. It's better just to wait for Slysoft to fix it and re-rip or rip to a protected ISO while you wait, if you are desperate you can play the 'main movie only' or watch the original with AnyDVD disabled.

The confusion continues, just like the obfuscated playlists! :)
My take is this.

1. AnyDVDHD has a fix for the screen pass but you're not sure of the correct playlist.
a. With AnyDVDHD loaded use process monitor to find the correct playlist with any BD compatible software player.

2. AnyDVDHD has not fixed the screen pass protection.
a. Unload AnyDVDHD and use a licensed software BD player and "process monitor method" to find the correct playlist.
b. If AnyDVDHD has removed the other disk protections, load AnyDVDHD and use the correct playlist found in a. to extract a movie only contiguous file version.
c. If all else fails, save the protected image and wait until AnyDVDHD has fixed the protections.

Last edited:
Back