Question about new/changing DVD protection

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Jux, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Jux

Jux Member

Hi guys,

I'm new here, just getting started with my brand new %G ipod video 80GB, :) and i want to copy DVDs so that i can watch them on my ipod. I have downloaded the trial version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD mobile to try it out before deciding if i like it and will purchase the final product.

What i was wondering about - do DVD companies change and update their copy protection? And if so, does SlySoft offer frequent updates to bypass this protection? If not...couldn't this software become outdated pretty quickly?

Thanks for your advice!

- Jux

2. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

The DVD companies do, but not a lot. Slysoft updates a lot though.

3. ivanX

ivanX Translator (ru)

4. DetroitBaseball

I remember back in early 2007 there was almost a new beta version out everyday.

5. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Yes.

Yes.

In fact, some people actually complain that Slysoft updates AnyDVD too often. How one can complain about that is beyond my comprehension.

6. DetroitBaseball

They are too lazy to update. Takes 2 minutes for me to download and install an update.

7. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Yes, some people are the lazy ones. Others are fans of other products and in being a fanboy they use the frequent updates as one of their examples as to why AnyDVD isn't as good. Pretty lame reasoning.

8. DetroitBaseball

Well I appreciate the work of James and Slysoft as a whole for providing this great piece of software with frequent updates.

9. Jux

Jux Member

Cool! Thanks guys. This program seems much simpler to to use than others i've tried, so i'm pretty psyched about it.

10. DetroitBaseball

Did you purchase yet?

11. Jux

Jux Member

Not yet, i'm still in my 20 day free trial period. just downloaded it yesterday. Just trying to get the hang of it.