Queen Region 1 takes over 3 hours to copy???

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by gknyc, May 14, 2007.

1. gknyc

gknyc Member

Using Clone DVD2 Ver 2.9.0.3 and AnyDvd 6.1.3.6.
    I don't recall any movie taking longer than 20-30 minutes to read before.
    Queen region 1 took me over 3 hours to read and 8 minutes to write back producing a good copy as far as I can tell. Has anyone has similar experiences with this movie???

2. Franchise

Franchise Well-Known Member

You should update AnyDVD here and try it again. I'm not sure what version I used of AnyDVD, but I do know it was newer than 6.1.3.6 (well, maybe).

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Well-Known Member

Check if your DMA is enabled.

4. Franchise

I would agree as well, but you're probably going to have to tell him how. I don't want to steal your thunder here. :)

5. bilbo65

bilbo65 Well-Known Member

Steal away......:D

6. Franchise

7. gknyc

gknyc Member

Update on Ultra DMA and clarification

I have been using this hardware configuration and settings over a year. Currently installed version have been on over a month and number of other copies have been made where no disk ever took over 10 to 12 minutes to finish reading. I just finished another disk that tool only 10 minutes to complete reading.

My DMA is enabled already and set to Ultra DMA 5.

I suspect there may be a problem with the particular movie "Queen" and that was the point of the question.

Thanks.

8. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

There might be for a full disc backup, provided you're in region 2. However, people in region 2 didn't report that it took over 2 hours. Chances are there's an issue with your original disc (bad pressing, slightly warped, scratched, etc.) that's causing a long time to read properly.

9. sparkym5

sparkym5 Well-Known Member

Queen region 2 movie only, 24mins in total to encode and burn to disc using AnyDvd 6.1.4.3 and CloneDvd 2.9.0.3.

10. calcu007

calcu007 Well-Known Member

Ultra DMA 5 is for your hard disk. Did you check the setting for your dvd-rom?

11. gknyc

gknyc Member

DVD-ROM set to DMA 2.
    Regardless of that, all other movies I backup take aroudn 10 minutes to complete. So, I don't think it is a DMA issue. I think I will buy the problematic disk angle since this is a stand-alone incident and the copy produced played just fine. Thanks.

12. Mike

Mike Member

:clap: Hey thanks for that DMA information!!! :D

13. Franchise

Anytime. We Mikes have to stick together or something...