• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Queen Bee (1955) [Region 1 DVD]

tschur

Successfully ripped brand new DVD to folder on hard disk to later convert movie to m4v using HandBrake for Mac. Conversion to m4v using Handbrake was successful, but chapter 1 of movie is missing (the first 14 minutes of movie).

Subsequently tried copying movie to hard disk using CloneDVD2 and encountered same problem — even CloneDVD2s preview skips chapter 1 and goes straight to chapter 2.

Is this a copy protection issue? Defective disc? Please advise.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_E_QUEEN_BEE.ziplog
    89.4 KB · Views: 6
Successfully ripped brand new DVD to folder on hard disk to later convert movie to m4v using HandBrake for Mac. Conversion to m4v using Handbrake was successful, but chapter 1 of movie is missing (the first 14 minutes of movie).

Subsequently tried copying movie to hard disk using CloneDVD2 and encountered same problem — even CloneDVD2s preview skips chapter 1 and goes straight to chapter 2.

Is this a copy protection issue? Defective disc? Please advise.
Have you tried it with the original? This disc does not look like one. It is a dvd-r with NO protection at all.
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.0.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-XD05 3.10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2110624 sectors (4122 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: QUEEN_BEE
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 3 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

It's the original disc from this set, which I purchased new:

http://amzn.com/B00A9ZMNE2

I noticed that AnyDVD reported no CSS protection, so I tried copying the DVD using Handbrake for Mac — without ripping it to a folder with AnyDVD first — but Handbrake thinks it is protected (says "Copy-Protected sources are not supported"). Must be some other protection scheme?

Last edited:
It's the original disc from this set, which I purchased new:

http://amzn.com/B00A9ZMNE2

I noticed that AnyDVD reported no CSS protection, so I tried copying the DVD using Handbrake for Mac — without ripping it to a folder with AnyDVD first — but Handbrake thinks it is protected (says "Copy-Protected sources are not supported"). Must be some other protection scheme?
Please try to disable "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" for this disc.

You might have better luck doing as James said. I had a DVD-R that I think must have been a bootleg that was sold on Amazon.com. It was 2 movies compressed down to a DVD-5 DVD-R. One movie had foreign subtitles burned into it and the other was a TV print complete with TV rating logo at the start, so, I think they just downloaded them off The Pirate Bay and didn't even secure a license for the films. AnyDVD said it was structurally protected, which I was pretty sure it wasn't. If some no name company can't even secure the rights for the films it's selling, they surely wouldn't pay to license structural protection schemes. So, I posted a log here and someone said the disc was extremely poorly authored. They suggested disabling the "copy protection based on unreadble sectors." That did the trick. Whereas AnyDVD wouldn't even complete scanning the disc before without an error, disabling that enabled a decryption that played just fine.

Many thanks James and dbminter for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

AnyDVD reported "IFOTitles 1":
2020-11-21 14.43.54.jpg

And CloneDVD2 was "Unable to read video files":
2020-11-21 14.42.25.jpg

Please let me know if you have any other advice.

Many thanks James and dbminter for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work.
Please let me know if you have any other advice.
Please revert the setting back. Make sure to use the latest CloneDVD beta. Which title is the main movie? Should be title 1. Can you make a movie only copy?
I don't see any reason, why the first chapter should be skipped.

Back