• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Quality Constantly Changing Throughout A Season

Well, if I write yesterday or today I mean it. Not just any yesterday, the day before today. In this case friday, as today is saturday. And I also quoted the versions I used.

Because it's been replaced by beta .3 at thet top of this forum.

which is broken, which is the whole point of beta testing---if it doesn't work, revert!

There's a few bugs yes, THAT is the point of beta testing. I also save older installs for at least a few months. You can always revert to the latest release version being 1090

No, but nothing is ever 100% buffered. It was also stated in beta .2 that internal components had undergone a MAJOR rewrite and old bugs could resurface due to it. Now please be patient, last news was that a new version was around the corner in the next couple days.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

No i'm not and there is no argument.

Well, 1093 works perfectly as far as I am concerned but I don't use subtitles all that much, I did however use a subtitled film from A provider and it was also perfect, but I do not doubt that some people are having issues, and the developers will fix them until then, I will stay with 1093 as it been very good to me. There are a few people here that don't understand that this is a new program, there some bugs but at this time it's perfectly useable, and for many it's great. I suspect in a few days there will be a new version that might fix your issues.

Well, 1093 works perfectly as far as I am concerned but I don't use subtitles all that much, I did however use a subtitled film from A provider and it was also perfect, but I do not doubt that some people are having issues, and the developers will fix them until then, I will stay with 1093 as it been very good to me. There are a few people here that don't understand that this is a new program, there some bugs but at this time it's perfectly useable, and for many it's great. I suspect in a few days there will be a new version that might fix your issues.

Just wanted to chim in with some more information. Whether or not the film/tv show has subtitles doesn't affect anything. I tried downloading some things without subtitles at all and still got the same results.

I'm curious though how yours isn't doing it but several of ours are =/ Computer/Internet Speed aren't factors in this case (nor shouldn't be due to the nature of the program). Something is odd between the two. You aren't by chance using a specific git branch 1.0.9.3 by chance that could be affecting it? Assuming, you access a git that is.

There is no git branch. We use the same version as everyone, we do not have access to any 'special' versions.

Just wanted to chim in with some more information. Whether or not the film/tv show has subtitles doesn't affect anything. I tried downloading some things without subtitles at all and still got the same results.

I'm curious though how yours isn't doing it but several of ours are =/ Computer/Internet Speed aren't factors in this case (nor shouldn't be due to the nature of the program). Something is odd between the two. You aren't by chance using a specific git branch 1.0.9.3 by chance that could be affecting it? Assuming, you access a git that is.
Just as Ch3vr0n said, I am using what everyone else is using and it works perfectly for me, but as I said, I do not use subtitles, the one time I have it did work as it should. There are a lot of variables that goes into this, I am not saying that your issues do not exist, I am just saying that it works for me, every time.

There is no git branch. We use the same version as everyone, we do not have access to any 'special' versions.

Well I mean there is a "git branch" of sorts as developers usually use different things like GIT to push updates internally and backtrack if needed. Just wasn't sure if RedFox 1 had access to that because it could still say 1.0.9.3 and have more updates to it which could be as to why they don't have the issue. Either way it was just me throwing an idea out there based on my experience in software development. I know they mentioned internet speed at one point being the factor which I know isn't the case as I tested it on a 5 Mbps (Unstable WiFi), 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps and a 1000 Mbps (Fiber) line and all came up with the same results.

Just as Ch3vr0n said, I am using what everyone else is using and it works perfectly for me, but as I said, I do not use subtitles, the one time I have it did work as it should. There are a lot of variables that goes into this, I am not saying that your issues do not exist, I am just saying that it works for me, every time.

Understandable. I did mention about I tested it without Subtitles as well and got the same results. That's why I'm trying to figure out what other factors that could be on my end to test around and see. Though out of curiosity is there a particular title you tried on Netflix? I wanted to try and download it with my 1.0.9.3 and see if I get the same result as you? If anything between my log and your log might help determine and possible variances.

I want to note though that I'm saying you are wrong by any means as I know how software works and bugs can and will happen. It's just the nature of the beast. Squash one bug ten others pop up. I'm just more so curious now for my own sake and seeing what else I can send to the devs.

I know what you meant :), we install the same beta version as everyone else when it's posted on the forum.

ok, so I downloaded Travelers S01E02 multiple times with version 1090, 1091 & 1093.

1090 & 1091 both give the same result
File size : 816 MiB and Video Bit rate : 1 802 kb/s

1093 is even smaller and lower bitrate: 630 MiB 1 245 kb/s

The downloaded files are much more pixelated (seems to have much lower bitrate) in comparison to playing the episode in the Netflix app on both my SHIELD TV Pro & AppleTV.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in the program?

Hi there,

I have the same problem with Travelers on Netflix (1080p).

For example:

S01E01
File size : 1.55 GiB
Duration : 50 min 13 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Video Bit rate : 3 771 kb/s

S01E02
File size : 816 MiB
Duration : 46 min 36 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Video Bit rate : 1 802 kb/s

S01 E04, E06, E08, E10 and E12 also have much lower bitrate and are pixelated. E01, E03, E05, E07, E09 & E11 look fine.

Wanted to post an update and saying that I grabbed 1.1.0.1 and it is still doing the same thing.

Posting two different logs of 1.1.0.1 and 1.0.9.0 that I took this morning.

Attachments

• v1.0.9.0 Log - Netflix-Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D_S05E01_Orientation (Part One).astlog
    66.4 KB · Views: 0
  • v1.1.0.1 Log - Netflix-Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D_S05E01_Orientation (Part One).astlog
    327.3 KB · Views: 1
Alright so just tested 1.1.0.2 and the bitrate is on par with the results I got from 1.0.9.0 (before the issues started).
Now the the only thing is I am getting two slightly different time stamps for the same episode.

Version 1.0.9.0 is giving me 43:05.124
Version 1.1.0.2 is giving me 42:57.574

Attaching both sets of logs to see if it helps any.

Attachments

• v1.0.9.0 Log - Netflix-Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D_S05E01_Orientation (Part One).astlog
    66.4 KB · Views: 0
  • v1.1.0.2 Log - Netflix-Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D_S05E01_Orientation (Part One).astlog
    328.3 KB · Views: 0
that's a completely different issue. The audio/video cutoff is known and being worked on.

that's a completely different issue. The audio/video cutoff is known and being worked on.

I figured I would post it any way since the change log for 1.1.0.2 did mention it fixed it and wanted to mention it is still occurring.

Back