• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Putting DVD movies on Insignia Pilot

phoenix5

Just got an 8Gb Insignia Pilot, and I'm trying to get some of my favorite DVD's onto the Pilot. I did not find the player (or anything similar) under the CloneDVD Mobile "Where Do You Want To Copy Today" screen. Also, what is the best way to move the files from my pc to the Pilot? Drag-and-drop, or something else?

I am familiar with, and use often, CloneDVD and AnyDVD and now want to expand (or 'shrink', as the case may be) my horizons.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, as far as I can see, this is an MP3 player and only plays audio format, so it doesn't seem as if this was a job for CloneDVD mobile.

Thanks for your quick response.

I may be confusing apples & oranges here, but the info for the player says it handles:
* 8GB* internal flash storage holds MP3 files, photos and videos
* Built-in Bluetooth wireless audio lets you listen to your music with compatible Bluetooth headphones (not included)
* Supports MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, WMA DRM, WMA Pro, OGG, WAV, Audible, MPEG4 (30 fps), WMV (30 fps) and JPEG formats.

There are a couple sample videos that come with the player, and they seem to be in .avi format. I've tried to put a short test-video into MPEG4 (using the Microsoft ZUNE MP4) format, as well as the generic DivX and WMV/WMA formats, but no luck. I did not see anything that would convert to .avi either.

What shall I try next? Do I use one of the other player-formats? (If so, which might work?)

Thanks!

Thanks for your quick response.

I may be confusing apples & oranges here, but the info for the player says it handles:
* 8GB* internal flash storage holds MP3 files, photos and videos
* Built-in Bluetooth wireless audio lets you listen to your music with compatible Bluetooth headphones (not included)
* Supports MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, WMA DRM, WMA Pro, OGG, WAV, Audible, MPEG4 (30 fps), WMV (30 fps) and JPEG formats.

There are a couple sample videos that come with the player, and they seem to be in .avi format. I've tried to put a short test-video into MPEG4 (using the Microsoft ZUNE MP4) format, as well as the generic DivX and WMV/WMA formats, but no luck. I did not see anything that would convert to .avi either.

What shall I try next? Do I use one of the other player-formats? (If so, which might work?)

Thanks!
Generic DivX is avi format. Looks like yet another Chinese MP3 player which needs to use the included conversion software which came with the player on a CloneDVDMobile output file. Most of these players require a two-step conversion process.

You could try the Chinese MP3 player profile posted by lostinlodos in the sticky thread at the top of this forum but I bet you have to convert any file through its own software (or through Windows Media Player 10+ sync option) to get it to play.

Try generic wmv format (which should work as the input to the player conversion software or WMP10+ sync option) and please post the results.

Back