Purchased a stack of Verbatin Blu-ray 25 Gb discs

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by antipodes, Oct 30, 2016.

1. antipodes

antipodes Well-Known Member

I would like to know if the "Verbatim BD-R 25GB White inkjet Hubprintable with hardcoat" is a good performance blank disc. they appear to be a part of Verbatim's DataLifePlus range

2. BrianG61UK

BrianG61UK Well-Known Member

Well Verbatim are usually good, that I know.
    See if you can find software to tell you who actually made the blanks before Verbatim put their brand name on them.

3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Datalife are the good ones, it's the life series that are cheap CMC crap

4. tectpro

tectpro Translator (ms_MY)

@antipodes
    Use DVD Identifier to find out the manufacturer of the blanks.

5. antipodes

Thank you tectpro I was not aware of the DVD Identifier web site.
    @Ch3vr0n the disc manufacturer is identified as Mitsubishi Kagaku Media and the disc id as Verbatim does this fit with advice of being one of the good one's. My thanks to you and BrianG61UK

nebostrangla likes this.
  6. Ch3vr0n

MKM, that's the good ones. Double layer discs will identify themselves as MCC-004-00 (Mitsubish Chemical Corp), Blu-ray's wil be "VERBAT-IMx-00". Where the x stands for e or f, unless they're at g already.

7. Tourist

Tourist Well-Known Member

MCC-004 are DVD+R SL.

8. Ch3vr0n

i always mix those 2 up. Either way, MKM-003 and MCC-004 are the good ones

9. antipodes

noted and thanks

10. Spirit Wolfe

Spirit Wolfe Well-Known Member

What I get mixed up is the + and - ... I do not burn many DVD's nor BD's lately and maybe I should (at least for my data's sake - I mean my actual data not movies - even though they are data too) to back up my HDD to a few 25GB BD's that way I have a permanent backup of my backup...lol. I read somewhere else on this site that someone mentioned: "...keep three of everything..." , come to think of it it might have been you Ch3vr0n... :p

However, I need to purchase another BD player, my last one crapped out and my new 2-in-1 ASUS Zen Q-Series notebook does not have a built-in one. LOL!

Cheers!

11. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

I am curious why you like to respond to threads that have not had a post in 2 years.............

whatever_gong82 likes this.