• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Purchase License using BitCoin through CoinSource ATM FAQ

tsvsega

I successfully purchased my licenses through a CoinSource ATM yesterday and wanted to share some info
with the community. I was hesitant to use bitcoin.
I tried CoinBase first but when they would not accept credit cards and needed my bank account information I backed off.

So I researched CoinSource. It was easy!

* Note: You DO NOT have to have your own bitcoin wallet to send RedFox payment with a CoinSource ATM.

This is what I did:
1) Opened a CoinSource account with my phone.
2) Snapped a picture of my license front and back and my account was activated.
3) Used their website to locate the nearest CoinSource ATM.
4) Withdrew my cash, and went to the ATM location
5) Purchased a RedFox License on my phone and the QR code was displayed.
6) Went inside, put my phone number in the ATM screen. A code was texted to me that I then entered on the next screen.
7) Put my phone with the QR code from Redfox in front of the ATM scanner so it could be read.
8) Fed my cash into the scanner. I sent a little extra money to cover the fees from CoinSource.
9) Sent the money
10) A Receipt was printed and texted to me.
11) That was it

NOTE: Outlook .com sent the RedFox email to Spam. The Spam email DID NOT show up on my phone's client, but when I logged in with a desktop browser it was in the spam folder.

I am happy to be a lifetime License holder again!
Thank you RedFox!!!!!!!

tsvsega

Last edited by a moderator:
You had to send the website pictures of your driver's license?

Yes. A photo of the front and one of the back of your ID are required in the US for bitcoin sites. Coinbase requires this also.

Just for everyone's interest, we have been running successful business for 45+ years with over 69+ employees in many countries & in each & everyone of them it is ILLEGAL & CANNOT be forced to provide ID online or in person.

Only exceptions is liquor stores, banks (in person only) & government agencies. We just confirmed this with VISA, Mastercard & American Express. No merchant is permitted to ask for & keep a record of ANY ID. The main concern of those credit companies is liability & identity theft. We also confirmed this with our accountant & legal department that checked both USA & Canada & UK & Germany. You have been scammed by bitcoin company & is why it is not recognized by any reputable banking industry as legal currency & never will be.
Sorry that you got scammed into using a fake currency.

Bitcoin isn't fake, frowned upon by many yes. Usually used by bad actors (aka ransomware etc) for payment, yes. Fake? Absolutely not, if it was fake you wouldn't be able to use it at all.

As to the ID well, it's not exactly scamming either. Scamming is asking for someone to do / pay something, then not deliver what you're being asked to do yourself. Here they were asked to deliver bitcoin so user could purchase a license. They did. That's not a scam. The only thing happening here is that they're asking for an ID which they shouldn't be doing, at best.

May want to read up on this:

Code:
https://www.thebalance.com/no-id-required-for-credit-card-purchases-3974686

Updated last august

Coinbase and CoinSource are federally regulated in the United States. They work with the Internal Revenue Service and your ID is required to participate. So NO I was not scammed and I DID receive my product from Redfox. A credit card was not involved so credit card rules are not applicable to this thread's subject matter.

And that's all that matters, you got your license and you posted what worked to help others in this situation.

Welcome to the fox den.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Requiring ID isn't unreasonable and if someone doesn't like it then find somewhere that doesn't require it. Your choice. But just tossing out that there's zero reason is wrong. That said, I'm only concerned about the US so for the rest of the world I don't have much knowledge or concern.

Not the newest regulations but enough to make a point:

Bitcoin Regulation by State (Updated 2018): https://www.bitcoinmarketjournal.com/bitcoin-state-regulations/

[...] Here’s a look at the state of state-based altcoin legislation as of May 29, 2018.

United States Bitcoin Regulations

On a national level, the Federal Reserve and the Internal Revenue Service have taken the following positions:

• Bitcoin – and all altcoins, for that matter – are not currency, but a taxable commodity akin to stocks. While individuals and businesses are free to use any private currency they wish to conduct business, bitcoin and altcoins are not recognized as legal tender.
  • Similar to property, bitcoin earned for services rendered are taxed as income.
  • Bitcoin paid for services rendered or to independent contractors must be reported on IRS Form 1099, with self-employment tax possibly being applicable.
  • Finally, capital gain on altcoins is taxable, as gains would be in stocks and bonds.
The government has taken a cautious position toward bitcoin money transmitters. Despite court decisions stating that bitcoin can be used as money, the Securities and Exchange Commission has issued investor alerts to warn against bitcoin fraudulent investment schemes. The U.S. Department of Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network has also issued guidelines instructing money transmitters to enforce Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) measures.

[...]

Anti-Money Laundering (AML): https://www.finra.org/rules-guidance/key-topics/aml

First off I am happy that the member received his/her license finally :)
Sorry to all for off topic on this thread.

The only reason I mentioned the credit card thing was that our business utilizes many professional server company data centres such as Leaseweb & OVH throughout the world. Possibly due to the prolific use of pirates using those same type servers for illegal torrents, those companies asked us for passport copies/photo ID copies either faxed or pdf versions emailed. We refused & they said they could not offer us service. Our accountants & lawyers got involved & as of 26 Jan 2020 they have confirmed it still is illegal for ANY vendor to ask for ID. Both OVH & Leaseweb were contacted, at that time, by Credit Card companies & told cease demanding photo ID's else lose visa privileges permanently.

All the data centres we had contacted apologized profusely after that & to this day we still have service with them. The reason this is a big deal to me & my company is that we offer our clients outsourced backup services & in over 40+ years have never had a data breach. I can not say the same for many others out there & I do not believe anyone wants their photo id (address & other info) available to mass market for data mining.

Bitcoin itself is yes, what policies Bitcoin offering merchants uphold is out of it's control. Especially since there's no central agency overseeing Bitcoin there's nothing anyone can do to them stop. Well not unless in the case of the US, they change their rules

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back