• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PSP v3.73 - Unsupported Data

I don't have a PSP to test it on (yet ;) ) but give this profile a try:

Code:
[PSP 480x272 (AVC/H264, FW > 3.30) *MODIFIED*]
PixelLimit=130560
ScreenRatio=16:9
Manufacturer=Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)
Res1=364x272
ResAna1=480x272
ARate=48000
ABRate=96
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
lavfopts=format=psp:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
mopts=-faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=21:global_header:frameref=2:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=750
ThumbNail=JPG
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=10
Remux=2642MP4
QualityFactor=130
Changes: added the lavfopts format option, removed brames x264encopts option, and added global_header option.

I have no idea if it will work - I've just seen references on the web to this sort of problem...

AtTheAsylum, your profile works great, but the frame resolution is 480X272. What we are all looking for is 720X480 so it looks good on the TV as well as the PSP. The A/V sync issues are better with your profile! Great job.

You might try this one. Again, it's a modified version of the original profile...

Code:
[PSP 720x480 (AVC/H264, FW > 3.30) *MODIFIED*]
PixelLimit=345600
ScreenRatio=3:2
Res1=720x480
ResAna1=720x480
ARate=48000
ABRate=96
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
mopts=-faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=30:global_header:frameref=2:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=750
ThumbNail=JPG
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=10
Remux=2642MP4
QualityFactor=130

Good luck :)

Hello!

I try this for resolution 480x272, but the settings only produced the Thumb, not the movie.

Does anyone have an idea?

TIA!

Marc

Hello!

I try this for resolution 480x272, but the settings only produced the Thumb, not the movie.

Does anyone have an idea?

TIA!

Marc

AtTheAsylum's 720x480 modification does that, goes through the motions but all I get is the jpg, but the 480x272 works great!

Sorry guys :( Having a look now - seems to be a problem when mp4box creates the MP4 at the end of the process...

Hey AtTheAsylum, believe me that’s not criticism, we appreciate the effort you’re going to for this, knowing it does you no real good not having a PSP.

Hi all... A bit more info. Seems to be a problem with the encoded video stream.

The way the CD-M works when creating an MP4 is to first use mencoder to create an AVI (mencoder is great but can't output to an MP4 container), then, again using mencoder, it dumps out both the audio and video streams to seperate files. Lastly it uses mp4box to combine the two streams into an MP4.

I've run all these steps at the command line and I get the same results (ie: no usable output) as when I use CD-M. So it's definatatly not a bug with CD-M (I was fairly sure of this but thought I would check).

If I try to play the output of step 1 (the AVI file containing the H264 video and AAC audio streams) I get a black screen. <-- big clue here I think ;)

BTW Spanky - I 'hope' to have a PSP soon. The wife's going overseas and I've been dropping a few 'subtle' hints ;)

You may need to come right out and ask! I got one of the newer slim models, it’s great. What really makes it good is I can access my PS3 from any WiFi hot spot anywhere. Sit in a motel room somewhere and play the PS3 at home by remote. The display is a little bigger than the older heavier models and crystal clear. It is the best thing I got as far as mobile movie viewing. I sure hope you get one and soon.

Ok - it seems as though it's the x264 'global_header' option that is causing the problem. Why? I'm not sure :(

Give this profile a go:
Code:
PixelLimit=345600
Res1=640x480
ResAna1=720x480
ABRate=96
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
mopts=-faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=30%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=750
ThumbNail=JPG
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=10
Remux=2642MP4
QualityFactor=130

It produces a valid MP4 file that plays fine on my PC.

Again, good luck :)

I'll try it now!

Marc

EDIT:

It don't work. I got an "unsupportet data" like the original settings.
:-(

Maybe it's better to use an other product then CD-M ...

Marc

Last edited:
I've seen some references on the web that say that the PSP can only handle video encoded at IDC level 2.1. Maybe give this profile a try - the only change is to the level_idc parameter:

Code:
PixelLimit=345600
Res1=640x480
ResAna1=720x480
ABRate=96
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
mopts=-faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=21%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=750
ThumbNail=JPG
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=10
Remux=2642MP4
QualityFactor=130

I just tried it, and no joy with the PSP or Quicktime but Nero played it fine? Does that help at all?

The rendering works, but the PSP says "unsupportet" :-((

Maybe I made the mistake, because I want to render the film to 480x272:

PHP:
[PSP 480x272 (AVC/H264, FW > 3.30) *MODIFIED*]
PixelLimit=130560
ScreenRatio=16:9
Res1=364x272
ResAna1=480x272
ARate=48000
ABRate=96
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
mopts=-faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=21%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=750
ThumbNail=JPG
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=10
Remux=2642MP4
QualityFactor=130

Marc

I try it without the
* ScreenRatio=16:9
and
* ARate=48000
Line ... the same ("unsupportet data").

Marc

OK - this is starting to get pretty experimental now ;)

I need someone with a PSP to run 4 tests for me. I've included two profiles in this post. The first creates an AVI file with an MP4 extension (ie: AVI container) that includes an H264 AVC video stream and an AAC audio stream. The second creates another AVI file with an MP4 extension that includes a DivX video stream and an AAC audio stream.

Tests:
1. Play the output of the first profile on a PSP.
2. Rename the file created by the first profile and change the extension to AVI. Play this on a PSP.
3. Play the output of the second profile on a PSP.
4. Rename the file created by the second profile and change the extension to AVI. Play this on a PSP.

Profile 1:
Code:
[PSP (FW > 3.30) *MODIFIED 1*]
Res1=640x480
ResAna1=720x480
ABRate=96
Format=avi
moac=lavc
movc=lavc
mopts=-ffourcc H264 -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=libx264:vbitrate=%vbrate%:acodec=libfaac:abitrate=%abrate%%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=750
ThumbNail=JPG
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=10
QualityFactor=130

Profile 2:
Code:
[PSP (FW > 3.30) *MODIFIED 2*]
Res1=640x480
ResAna1=720x480
ABRate=96
Format=avi
moac=lavc
movc=lavc
mopts=-ffourcc DIVX -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=%vbrate%:acodec=libfaac:abitrate=%abrate%%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=750
ThumbNail=JPG
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=10
QualityFactor=130

Tried all 4, corrupt file as an MPEG4 and unsupported as an avi. Couldn't play them with anything I have?

Starting to run out of options :(

The problem is the 'global_header' (if using x264) or 'aglobal=1:vglobal=1' (if using lavc) options. They are required (according to web references and the mencoder doco) for the PSP but cause problems with mp4box and other utilities.

Here's another profile. This one creates an AVI with DivX encoded video and AAC audio. It uses the header options mentioned above so it will probably not play on a PC. It also sets the audio sample rate to 24KHz and increases the maximum video bitrate to 1500 (from mencoder doco).

Code:
[PSP (DivX/AAC, FW > 3.30) *MODIFIED1*]
Res1=640x480
ResAna1=720x480
ABRate=96
Format=avi
moac=lavc
movc=lavc
mopts=-lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=%vbrate%:acodec=libfaac:abitrate=%abrate% -af lavcresample=24000%PASS%
FileType=avi
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=1500
ThumbNail=JPG
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=10
QualityFactor=130

Back