• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PSP v3.73 - Unsupported Data

Chance316

Hi, new Clone DVD user with a problem...

I've been trying to copy a DVD straight onto my PSP using cloneDVD mobile and AnyDVD. The PSP has the most recent softare update (v3.73 I think), but no matter what option I choose to transfer the movie to the Memory stick, it comes up as unsupported data.

I've been following the instructions to the letter, as per the manual and AskDaveTaylor.com, but something's obviously going wrong. Can anyone clue me into what I need to do to get movies playing onto the DVD?

I'm no technical wizz either, so you might have to really spell this out for me. Thanks in advance!

Try putting the converted movie in the VIDEO folder...if that doesn't work cut and paste it into one of the two folders in MPROOT then try...:)...let me know if ya still have probs...and also tell me step by step what you convert your movies too...and under what firmware option you are using in clone dvd mobile...:)

And Make sure the VIDEO folder is outside of your PSP folder.

When you open up the drive to see your memory card folders, you should see both your PSP and your VIDEO folder at the same time.

When I did that, I was able to see the movies that used to be "unsupported"

I just upgaded as well. No luck yet with files in any of the folders. They show up but don't play.

So, does anyone with 3.73 get their videos to play using any presets using latest version of CDVD mobile?

TIA!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice guys - I really appreciate it. I'll let you know how I get on once I have enough time to run through the process again. Hopefully it's not an issue with the 3.73 update. Damn you Sony :)

OK, I get the 480x272 for FW330 to work. This will also play in my quick time player for testing.

The 720x480 for FW330 fails on PSP and in QuickTime. I only get audio with QT. Has anyone had success with the 720x480 settings on the PSP?

The encoding took 4 hours with 2 pass 480x272 settings for a 746MB file.

I've had great success with 720x480 CloneDVD choice for movies on my PSP. Movies encoded with this choice look incomparably better than the 480x272 ones do.

Plus if you're ever going to watch the movies on your PC in Quicktime as well there really is no other choice to make.

Clone DVD is a great product and making movies in 480x272 for PSP works perfectly every time, however its a total crapshoot for 720x480. They usually don't work (no video, black screen, just audio). However, that's a different issue. For 720x480 PSP issues keep the discussion in 720x480 PSP Issues where there is already a thread about the ongoing issue.

As for getting the movies to play on your PSP, make sure you put 'em in the Video Folder (update your firmware if you don't have a Video folder). I've never ever had a video I've converted for my PSP that wouldn't work on the PSP if it worked in Quicktime on my PC.

the media manager program wasnt recognizing the file for me, so i switched to PSP Video 9 and everything worked fine. dont know if that will help your problem at all

Sad to say Sony is really messing with their paying customers I bet. I really wish I could help you but I use custom firmware and not Sony's and there is no way I can use Sony's unless I buy a new PSP. I just may when I get the extra money.

I've had great success with 720x480 CloneDVD choice for movies on my PSP. Movies encoded with this choice look incomparably better than the 480x272 ones do.

Plus if you're ever going to watch the movies on your PC in Quicktime as well there really is no other choice to make.

Clone DVD is a great product and making movies in 480x272 for PSP works perfectly every time, however its a total crapshoot for 720x480. They usually don't work (no video, black screen, just audio). However, that's a different issue. For 720x480 PSP issues keep the discussion in 720x480 PSP Issues where there is already a thread about the ongoing issue.

As for getting the movies to play on your PSP, make sure you put 'em in the Video Folder (update your firmware if you don't have a Video folder). I've never ever had a video I've converted for my PSP that wouldn't work on the PSP if it worked in Quicktime on my PC.

Thanks for the link, I missed this during search.

Thx

OK, I get the 480x272 for FW330 to work. This will also play in my quick time player for testing.

The 720x480 for FW330 fails on PSP and in QuickTime. I only get audio with QT. Has anyone had success with the 720x480 settings on the PSP?

The encoding took 4 hours with 2 pass 480x272 settings for a 746MB file.

I'm having the exact same problem. No luck either with 3:10 To Yuma Region 1 at 720 X 480.

I'm having the exact same problem. No luck either with 3:10 To Yuma Region 1 at 720 X 480.

Yuma is a bitxh:eek: Any DVD will snag it. I have settled on using 480x272 for FW330. Using anything else may result in many wasted hours encoding:bang:

YMMV

unsupported data

i have tried to do everything that yall said to do but it still didnt work i have version 3.90 and it still wont let watch my movie. can yall help me.

I’ve tried for days on end to get the 720X480 frame resolution to work, put the files in every folder on the PSP and nothing! Pulled a competitor’s product out of the toolbox and it works first time every time with beautiful results, you just can’t put all your eggs in one basket converting to mobile devices.

I also try everything to see the videos in 480x272. Yesterday I update my PSP to the firmware 3.90.

I try the MPEG 4 >= 2.6 it works fine (with the 100mnv01 dir).
Then the ACV/H264 >= 2.6 works also fine.

But the PSP 480x272 ACV/H264 >= 3.3 don't work, the PSP also say's "unsupported data" ("Inkompatible Daten" - German PSP).

I move the Video and JPEG in every directory on the psp - nothing works.

Does someone have an idea?

TIA!

Marc

I don't have a PSP to test it on (yet ;) ) but give this profile a try:

Code:
[PSP 480x272 (AVC/H264, FW > 3.30) *MODIFIED*]
PixelLimit=130560
ScreenRatio=16:9
Manufacturer=Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)
Res1=364x272
ResAna1=480x272
ARate=48000
ABRate=96
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
lavfopts=format=psp:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
mopts=-faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=21:global_header:frameref=2:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=750
ThumbNail=JPG
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=10
Remux=2642MP4
QualityFactor=130

Changes: added the lavfopts format option, removed brames x264encopts option, and added global_header option.

I have no idea if it will work - I've just seen references on the web to this sort of problem...

Last edited:
Got it, thanks! I'll try it after while, I'm in the midwest so I'm kinda busy dodging hail stones and tornadoes! I'll let you know.

I’ve tried for days on end to get the 720X480 frame resolution to work, put the files in every folder on the PSP and nothing! Pulled a competitor’s product out of the toolbox and it works first time every time with beautiful results, you just can’t put all your eggs in one basket converting to mobile devices.

Did you try this with subtitles enabled?

Back