psp problem

Discussion in 'CloneDVD mobile' started by gothchild, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Thanks, got your file. It's ok - I did the postprocessing manually and the result plays perfectly on the PSP.

Can you check whether the application MP4Box.exe in the apps subdirectory of CloneDVD mobile is working (or even present)? (run it from the command prompt and see if it shows anything unusual).

2. SeanBoy

SeanBoy Member

Yes it does seem to work correctly. On a whim, I tried forcing CloneDVD Mobile to run as Administrator. It works fine when I run it that way. File is still there after It's done encoding and plays perfectly on the PSP. -SeanBoy

3. jbgr

jbgr Member

Works well with me on PSP 3.52

4. poolshark2014

poolshark2014 Well-Known Member

finally got mine to work but I hate that every time I select the 720x480 selection I always get the UNSUPPORTED DATA error. Is there a way to make a successful 720x480 movie?

I am using CF 3.52 M33-2 and the latest version of Clonemobile.

5. Peer

I'm sorry, I don't have a modified FW for testing here.
    Is there any other profile that will already work on that version?

6. Peer

Thanks, that's a valuable information, gives me a direction.

7. poolshark2014

All other selections work but the 720x480 version.I don't have any luck with that selection.

8. Peer

What is that specific FW supposed to be able to handle?

9. poolshark2014

It is Sony's official firmware plus a way to also run homebrew on the psp.It is a way to use Sony's official firmware without having to update and not be able to downgrade if you need to.

10. Peer

Took a while to track: MP4Box is having a problem with Vista access policies (is this avalanche of Vista problems ever going to end...?)

I figured out a workaround - beta coming soon.

11. Scarpad

Scarpad Well-Known Member

on my Win XP System, it flashes when run from a command prompt

12. Peer

13. gothchild

gothchild Active Member

ok peer

probbally ahead of myself but i just got your beta for 1.1.5.3 and 480x272 works like a charm trying 740x480. thanks peer for working so close with us to fix this problem. and anyone having issues the new format is the file name matters not, just move the file to the video section of your mem stick.

14. poolshark2014

doesn't work for me.

15. poolshark2014

480x272 works fine I just can't get 720x480 working.In the options for 720x480 it gives me other resolutions instead of 720x480 when I click on LETTERBOX ZOOM. For no LETTERBOX ZOOM the settings are automatically set at 640x480.On HALF LETTERBOX ZOOM it is set at 732x472. And last but not least on FULL LETTERBOX ZOOM it is set at 784x440. What gives?

16. Peer

Ok, you were obviously using 4:3 source material.
    The zoom effects are strange, I'll fix that.
    But I would have guessed, that a non-zoomed 4:3 file with 640:480 would work (after all a 4:3 movie will work with 480x272 resulting in 364x272).
    These Sony people are strange...
    I'll add blackness to the 4:3 movies on 720x480, that should do the trick.

Can you please test a 16:9 format DVD with 720x480. That's a more common format anyway...

17. poolshark2014

I'll try it out bud.Thanks for the reply. I will get back to you as soon as I finish.

18. poolshark2014

well PEER I tried a small 16x9 file and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.You guys know how to kick some serious arce.

19. gothchild

gothchild Active Member

it took twelve hours to do 720x480, six to encode and six to post prosses. anyone else take this long the movie was 300. Also does 480x272 take as long?

20. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

I would imagine with the time that you are doing more than 1 or 2 passes? Not sure as I don't have this software yet so this is a guess.