• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

psp problem

gothchild

It takes like four hours to encode then it tells me it can't read the file or corupted file. and also it will do this post prossesing forever and i'll end up stopping it whats going on?

still having major problems, my system is on 3.52 and no matter what i do i get unsupported file, and yeah even the old way is doing the same.

after you have made the file with clonedvdmobile,can you watch this file on your pc?
you should be able to if the psp format is MPEG4 and you have quicktime installed.if it plays on your pc then the problem must be your PSP or the folder on your PSP memory card where you put this file in.

Also is this firmware version 3.52 or 3.52 M33? Where are you putting the movie file on the PSP?

i'm running just 3.52, the folder i'm writing to says J:/VIDEO/MAQ10001.mp4. this is what i used for the new rez. but the old i used J:/MP_ROOT/100ANV01/MAQ10001.mp4 thats what poped up but then i also tried J:/MP_ROOT/101ANV01/.mp4.

Yep , Yet another version where the Output does not play on the PSP, nor from what I understand the Zune. What I don't understand is do they test this stuff before releasing it? How can they consistantly put out versions where the resultant files do not play on the devices. And where is the AVC encodes for the Ipod? Almost everysoftware package around can at least encode to AVC at 320x240. Well back to Gom encoder for PSP Encodes, Slysoft why Am I beta testing this software for you?

Yep , Yet another version where the Output does not play on the PSP, nor from what I understand the Zune. What I don't understand is do they test this stuff before releasing it? How can they consistantly put out versions where the resultant files do not play on the devices. And where is the AVC encodes for the Ipod? Almost everysoftware package around can at least encode to AVC at 320x240. Well back to Gom encoder for PSP Encodes, Slysoft why Am I beta testing this software for you?

Now, get real again - you're seeing this one case here, where it doesn't work for a single person. Around the forum you'll find more, who are happy that everything is fine.
And WMV - it says explicitly: "experimental" - and it was deliberately not labeled "Zune", because our WMV codec so far only seems to have trouble on the Zune itself. Every other WMV capable player seems to work just fine with it.
Others, who are testing it with the Zune have already given some valuable input (because we added the experimental profile) - you're destructive input won't help neither you nor any one of us, who are trying to get there.

People were asking for WMV support, so we've gone into the trouble of trying to implement it. It's not like you snip with your fingers and there you have it, sorry.
If you know, how to get it done better - go ahead, make a working implementation - we'll pay you fine money for it.
Thank you.

I've tried a million times over a three day stretch still not working went back to the old version 1.1.4.1 and did it the same way it works and this is the old rez avc >2.6. that didn't work for the update.

I've tried a million times over a three day stretch still not working went back to the old version 1.1.4.1 and did it the same way it works and this is the old rez avc >2.6. that didn't work for the update.

I'll look into it. Thanks.

hey thanks peer, like i said i like you guys your always trying to help. let me know what happens.

Well I think I Got "Real" when I ponied up the $$$ to buy the software. I have Firmware 3.52 and every single encode I have tried at the 480x272 resolution does not play on the PSP. You say it's one occurrance. Can we have a role call here of people's successfull encodes, please post how many have successfully played.

hey thanks peer, like i said i like you guys your always trying to help. let me know what happens.

Hi Gothchild,

I upgraded the PSP to 3.52, just to make sure, we're doing the same thing (used 3.51 before).
You're right about the old PSP AVC-Profile. That one doesn't seem to work anymore - I don't have a clue, why that is, nothing has been changed to that one...
I'll try to find a way to make that working again, but I can just hope that it will then still work with older versions of the PSP (2.6 ... <3.30), I can't test that anymore...

But: can you confirm, that the "old" PSP MPEG4 profile still works? It does here.

And I tried a few different Discs (PAL and NTSC) with the new PSP 480x272 profile, each one of them did it's job nicely.

Maybe you can encode a tiny video for me with the new 480x272 profile. Simply let it start encoding then cancel the process, the result should still be a working file.
Then send that piece to "bugs _at_ slysoft.com", I'd like to check whether you get different output than I do.
Just a few seconds are enough. Thanks.

Hi Gothchild,

I upgraded the PSP to 3.52, just to make sure, we're doing the same thing (used 3.51 before).
You're right about the old PSP AVC-Profile. That one doesn't seem to work anymore - I don't have a clue, why that is, nothing has been changed to that one...
I'll try to find a way to make that working again, but I can just hope that it will then still work with older versions of the PSP (2.6 ... <3.30), I can't test that anymore...

But: can you confirm, that the "old" PSP MPEG4 profile still works? It does here.

And I tried a few different Discs (PAL and NTSC) with the new PSP 480x272 profile, each one of them did it's job nicely.

Maybe you can encode a tiny video for me with the new 480x272 profile. Simply let it start encoding then cancel the process, the result should still be a working file.
Then send that piece to "bugs _at_ slysoft.com", I'd like to check whether you get different output than I do.

can you tell me what file i should write to in order to encode the new 480x272 because i hear you have to write to the video file instead MPROOT. i tried a search got a line for video and didn't work, havn't tried old MPEG 4. don't use it since AVC is smaller. reminds me can we get better audio for AVC files cause MPEG gets better audio.

can you tell me what file i should write to in order to encode the new 480x272 because i hear you have to write to the video file instead MPROOT. i tried a search got a line for video and didn't work, havn't tried old MPEG 4. don't use it since AVC is smaller. reminds me can we get better audio for AVC files cause MPEG gets better audio.

With the new full resolution files, PSP no longer requires files to follow a special naming convention.
You can simply call it "t.mp4" or whatever you like.
The files need to be in the \VIDEO folder on the PSP's memory card.

That's all you should need.

With the new full resolution files, PSP no longer requires files to follow a special naming convention.
You can simply call it "t.mp4" or whatever you like.
The files need to be in the \VIDEO folder on the PSP's memory card.

That's all you should need.

yeah i had it in the video file it just keep coming up unsupported file. and the old mpeg 4 on the updated version of clone mobile i'll try i just don't have time today.

yeah i had it in the video file it just keep coming up unsupported file. and the old mpeg 4 on the updated version of clone mobile i'll try i just don't have time today.

Well, I'm sure, MPEG4 will work, you don't have to waste time with that.
I'd be much more interested in your resulting fullres files:

peer said:

I've noticed the same problem when trying to use the PSP AVC/H264 format, Quicktime says there is a problem with the file and it doesn't appear in the PSP's video menu. I'm also having a problem trying to use the 480x272 format. While it's ripping the DVD I can see all the files it is creating, but once it reaches the end and says it's done the only file remaining in the directory is the thumbnail. Anyone else see this issue?

Vista Home Premium 32bit
CloneDVD mobile 1.1.5.2

I'm having the same problem with clonemobile.I have version 3.52 M33-2 Custom Firmware and can't get a movie to work on my PSP I just keep getting UNSUPPORTED DATA.

This is getting very frustrating.

I've noticed the same problem when trying to use the PSP AVC/H264 format, Quicktime says there is a problem with the file and it doesn't appear in the PSP's video menu. I'm also having a problem trying to use the 480x272 format. While it's ripping the DVD I can see all the files it is creating, but once it reaches the end and says it's done the only file remaining in the directory is the thumbnail. Anyone else see this issue?

Vista Home Premium 32bit
CloneDVD mobile 1.1.5.2

Interesting - do you encode directly to the PSP drive? (better and way, way faster: don't).

In case this also happens, when you create the file on a local drive:
can you please edit the devices.ini file and temporarily remove the following line from the PSP 480x272 entry:

Remux=2642MP4

Then run that profile (you need to restart CloneDVD mobile for the change to take effect).
Does the file get generated then? (note that it will definitely not work then, though, don't even try :) )

If so, please send that file to bugs _at_ slysoft.com, so I can analyze it (a small one does it, less than 1 MB).

Thank yoy.

Interesting - do you encode directly to the PSP drive? (better and way, way faster: don't).

In case this also happens, when you create the file on a local drive:
can you please edit the devices.ini file and temporarily remove the following line from the PSP 480x272 entry:

Remux=2642MP4

Then run that profile (you need to restart CloneDVD mobile for the change to take effect).
Does the file get generated then? (note that it will definitely not work then, though, don't even try :) )

If so, please send that file to bugs _at_ slysoft.com, so I can analyze it (a small one does it, less than 1 MB).

Thank yoy.

I encode all my files to hard drive first, then copy them to the memory stick.

Even if I cancel the encoding process, it deletes the .mp4 file and only the .jpg thumbnail remains. When I remove that line from devices.ini, the file remains if I do a full encode, or cancel it. I have a couple second encode that I will send to you.

Back