• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PS3 works with BD-R DL (50gb)

njr

Hi Everyone

Just for information:
I did a nero 8 blu ray disc-copy and also a write from a ripped blu ray from my hard disk (Nero 8, Blu Ray UDF Option, setting UDF to 2.5)
on to a SONY BD-R DL 50Gb disc.

And it plays totally fine on a PS3.

And it only cost £5 more than the original movie !

Just need BD-R DL discs to come down or slysoft to release a Blu Ray compression tool ! Anyone heard any news on this ?

HMM, well the information about DL is old, I've been using BD-RE DL since firmware 1.6 on my PS3 (about 6-8 months)

Just trying to be helpful, in case people didn't know this

The only worry would be that Sony release a ps3 update that blocks playback of BDMV on recordable discs. However I don't think that would be a good move on their part as it would also block home/camcorder movies put on such discs.

Yes, it's just the cost of discs at the moment that is prohibitive. However, I can keep a rip on my hard disk and write that to bd-re when needed for now.

It would be unlikely they would do that, before 1.6 it didn't play back BD-r or BD-re so they seem to have made the decision to put it in, and if they want people to buy the recorders etc then they need to make it playable in settop players

PS3 and Blu Ray rewrittable double lay bd re dl

The issue is not with either the recording media or the burner but rather with some PS3. I have the older PS3 and panasonic bd re dl would refuse to play. I tried the same disk on a newer standalone blu ray player and works flawlessly and also on a newer ps3 without issues. So you can thank sony for your problem. Hope this helps.

I have an original US release PS3 and the Panasonic DL BD-RE's have played fine on it since they allowed playback of BD-RE's on firmware 1.6

BTW the previous post before yours is over a year old

Problems playing 50GB backups on Sony BDP-301

I am new to this forum. I have made a few backups of commercial blu-ray movies and saved them to my hard drive.

I used Any DVD HD and created an ISO with Alcohol 120%.

Everything seemed to work fine when creating the ISO files.

When i burn my ISO files onto a Sony BD-RE 25GB with Alcohol 120% the movies playback perfectly.

When i try to burn my ISO files onto a Sony BD-RE 50GB DL, the movie loads and shows the loading bar from the blu-ray with pictures of whatever movie i burned, and then the timer on the player display goes to 00:00:00 and nothing moves.

Is there a certain way to burn these movies? I am using a Sony BDP-301 standalone player.

Try using Imgburn, I've never had an issue backing up to ISO then burning back to disc. Also what brand of DL discs are you using?

Back