• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PS3 Not playing Universal Titles

CopyC@t

I have been having issues lately with UNIVERSAL titles. The most recent two are MAMA and The Host. I can open them on my PC and rip them but regular Blu-Ray playback in my PS3 doesn't work of the normal disk. Not a mark on the disk. Anyone else have similar issues? I have the first gen PS3 60gb one. All software is up to date.

In what way doesn't it work? Have you tried cleaning the discs as they may have a thin film of oil on them from the manufacturing process

I cleaned them all with my microfiber cloths. Its only UNIVERSAL film discs. They start up, the universal earth logo goes and everything and then they just hang on a black screen with no activity.

Other Blu-ray no issues from any other vendor, I have had bad discs before but a bad disc wouldnt normally rip via AnyDvd so I dont think its the discs. Maybe something they need from a network before playing? I know that some movies try to pull previews and such, but this is just odd. Never had any issues with their films, and my older Universal Bluray work fine. So it could be a format issue with newer discs and how they are encoded?

Last edited:
Let's look closer

I cleaned them all with my microfiber cloths. Its only UNIVERSAL film discs. They start up, the universal earth logo goes and everything and then they just hang on a black screen with no activity.

Interesting scenario not known up to now AFAIK.
Let's see an AnyDVD log attached here, please.

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put that original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the little red fox icon in the lower right system tray and select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file
f) A pop-up screen will appear. In some cases this might need several minutes.
Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_<DVD TITLE>.zip" (or something similar)

Attach that ZIP file to your reply please.

No problem here is the log for The Host. As I said I was able to cleanly rip to disk, decompile and recompile it and MAMA into M2TS files for my network playback drives. No errors in the rip to disk or when recreating the files into M2TS so I found it odd that only these 2 most recent Universal Pictures films have been giving me issues. I appreciate the feedback from you all as well.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.1.0_Info_F_THE_HOST_NA.zip
    162.4 KB · Views: 4
I've always found Universal BD-Live titles take awhile downloading fresh trailers on players that fully support BD-Live. Either disable BD-Live in AnyDVD HD before ripping (or PC playback), or else disconnect your PS3 or SA from the Internet when playing.

I was considering that for my next troubleshooting step, killing the internet connectivity of it for a minute at the router to see if it would bypass that stage and continue to the movie.

I have the M2TS files for both right now on a hard drive with no errors so I am beginning to think it is a network thing where it's reaching out for a preview or something and that is holding it up and forcing it to hang.

Awesome!

I've always found Universal BD-Live titles take awhile downloading fresh trailers on players that fully support BD-Live. Either disable BD-Live in AnyDVD HD before ripping (or PC playback), or else disconnect your PS3 or SA from the Internet when playing.

- Thanks I has the same exact issue I search and internet and landed on this forum. After I turned off internet on my ps3 it started working.

THANKS! RBBrittain.

Back