• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PS3 not playing specific DVD titles

DonDallas1971

Is there an issue with the Sony PS3 not playing specific DVD titles? I never used to have this issue, but about a year or two ago I started occasionally seeing specific DVDs that would not read at all on my PS3. These are usually Netflix or RedBox rentals. My PS3 will play other DVDs just fine and the problem DVDs will play on my other players just fine. Today I had this issue with two
Netflix rentals "Don't be afraid of the dark" and "Rise of the planet of the apes". I can play them fine in my cheap $30 DVD players from WalMart but not my PS3. I can put other DVDs titles in my PS3 and they play fine. This used to be a rarity but now it is getting to the point where it happens almost every week. I am not sure if this is an issue with the special rental versions if of the movies or if my PS3 is going out. The fact that it plays other disks just fine makes me think it is unlikely a hardware issue. Any ideas?

Back